Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I picked up Tier 2. Humble doesn't seem to give spare keys anymore though, since I already had Hacknet from a previous monthly bundle.

? That's not accurate. If it says it's in your library you can still click the button and get a key, it just highlights that you can gift it instead. I got tier 3 because people rave about SSR and I think the other $10 one too, plus Crashlands and Underrail on my wishlist

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
? That's not accurate. If it says it's in your library you can still click the button and get a key, it just highlights that you can gift it instead. I got tier 3 because people rave about SSR and I think the other $10 one too, plus Crashlands and Underrail on my wishlist

That's weird, depending on how you access the keys determines if you get the 'steam key' button. I clicked the email I received after buying the bundle and where the steam button there is a blue checkmark which says 'in your steam library' when you hover (with no button). However if you pull up all unredeemed keys under your account you can click the box to get a key. It doesn't matter, you can gift either way so I was wrong.

That being said I got a spare key for Hacknet if anyone is interested.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's weird, depending on how you access the keys determines if you get the 'steam key' button. I clicked the email I received after buying the bundle and where the steam button there is a blue checkmark which says 'in your steam library' when you hover (with no button). However if you pull up all unredeemed keys under your account you can click the box to get a key. It doesn't matter, you can gift either way so I was wrong.

That being said I got a spare key for Hacknet if anyone is interested.

There is a button where it says "in your steam library", it's just greyed out a tad, and the cursor still turns into the little clicky-hand, and you can still click it for the key, it just prompts you instead of instantly doing it, since most people seem to prefer sharing (or selling) via gifts instead of raw keys.

There's no "in your Steam library" warning in your unredeemed keys as you say, but that page is notoriously inaccurate and if they ever get around to fixing it they'll probably add that warning.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stellaris is the early unlock for next month's Humble Monthly, if anyone has been waiting on getting that. May bundle was hella awesome for me, 4 games from my wishlist and a couple bonus interesting looking ones

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
May was completely the opposite for me. I swear I paused it because I have no interest in Dirt and wasn't about to buy it just for Inside, and yet still got charged at the end of the month. And now to rub salt in the wound, I see that fucking Tumblrtale is part of the bundle. No more taking chances with the pause feature, that shit is cancelled for good now.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stellaris is the early unlock for next month's Humble Monthly, if anyone has been waiting on getting that. May bundle was hella awesome for me, 4 games from my wishlist and a couple bonus interesting looking ones

I thought the bundle was pretty good although I think this is the first month I got a duplicate - Undertale.

spronk

FPS noob
if you buy vanquish and bayonetta together it takes $5 off each right now, both are old school platinum games remasters

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad to see the old platinum games getting good PC releases, here's hoping Anarchy Reigns is next.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Dirt Rally is free this weekend, keep in mind it is a sim even if it plays with a controller. Only weakness is there's a few hundred miles of stages and no editor.

Vorph

Alan Wake should be going on sale at Steam for 90% off in an hour or so. After this weekend it disappears entirely because Microsoft can't be bothered to renew the music licenses. If you never played it now may be your last chance (without having to pirate it).

Edit: Also -90% on GOG if you prefer the DRM free version. And whichever version you play, I strongly suggest using the -developermenu command line switch to unlock Nightmare difficulty for the first playthrough. (Run game once with switch, unlock difficulty, close it and run without the switch to actually play it.)

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Looking for a game to take up my time for about 2 weeks until new EQ server drops. Any suggestions? Prefer multi player, but will be on shitty hotel WiFi so may not be the greatest idea.

I thought about Witcher, but I've never been able to get into Fallout 4 or Skyrim, so thought maybe that'd be similar enough not to hook me.

Any other suggestions? Appreciate it!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Good to know. Might pick up that with all the DLC and try and burn through that this next week and a half while I'm stuck in a hotel.

If Witcher 3 doesn't grab your attention I don't know what will, that game is excellent.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It took me a bit longer to get into The Witcher, as compared to Fallout. But it's just a more complex game, Fallout is kind of mindless fun. Horizon Zero Dawn would be a great option if you have access to a PS4.

Oldbased

> Than U
Guess Dungeons 2 free game marketing worked. I beat the campaign last night and now I want Dungeons 3 but it isn't coming until the fall.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user