Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Shit you changed your avatar, if I saw the name I would have ignored the post entirely. Pretty sure we have never agreed on anything.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why you gotta be like dat?

I mean it wasn't awful, but it sure was a monumental disappointment to see the series go from a hyper-violent Soul Reaver/Zelda type to a meandering 'sort of mmo, sort of open world, sort of zelda-ish' mishmash. DS2 was super forgettable, the only part I really remember thinking was cool was traversing Sammael's keep.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Why you gotta be like dat?

I mean it wasn't awful, but it sure was a monumental disappointment to see the series go from a hyper-violent Soul Reaver/Zelda type to a meandering 'sort of mmo, sort of open world, sort of zelda-ish' mishmash. DS2 was super forgettable, the only part I really remember thinking was cool was traversing Sammael's keep.

I disagree the characters were cool, the forge/maker stuff and how it was tied to the tree of life was unique. Had humor, diablo style loot, weapon sets, and a skill tree! Granted I am a sucker for a skill tree. Was also filled with bad ass cut scenes like this one.

Last edited:

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Darksiders II was fine for what it was, but I vastly preferred the style of DS1, so going from 1 -> 2 (since I didn't play either until both were out) was a bit disappointing, as it's a very different game when you get down to the feel of it. I also felt like there was an excessive amount of time spent moving around, and this coming from someone who loves Shadow of the Colossus, where most of the game is just moving around.

In other news, Bayonetta 1 is out now, can buy on Steam, Humble Store (10% if a subscriber), and a bunch of other usual suspects. $20 base price, port appears to be quality. I've never played it before but played the prologue yesterday and seemed amusing.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Endless space collection $1 until 4/17

Jesus, guess they're getting crushed by Stars In Shadow, huh?

It's a fun game and if you're looking for a MoO2 successor, this comes pretty close. On mobile right now, otherwise I would provide a link if somebody already hasn't.

EDIT : Here's the link that I promised earlier. Haven't checked if anybody's made a thread about it yet.

Guess it would be kind'a good to include the link, no?

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Back in the day there was this game called Beach Head I played the hell out of on the C64. They released another version called Beach Head 2000 that was dog shit. Anyone play anything similar? Kind of want something in this genre and figure some indy studio would pull it off. Just a fixed position, 1st person shooter style mindless game.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got a bunch of keys/gifts/discounts that I have no interest in:

+ 25% off Torment Tide of Numenera.
+ David full game gift.
+ Half Life 2 full game gift.

+ Orburon key.
+ The Black Death key.
+ Corporate Lifestyle Simulator key.
+ Three Zed Dead key.
+ Huntsman The Orphanage key.
+ Reverse Crawl key.
+ Road Redemption key.

PM me if anyone want.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All the Transformers games are on sale on Steam. I haven't played Devastation or War for Cybertron, but Fall of Cybertron is fucking amazing. The gameplay is pretty much spot on for how you'd expect giant shapeshifting robots to fight, and in particular there's a level where you control Vortex assaulting a bridge being defended by autobots. You can freely transform between humanoid, helicopter, and jet forms, and it feels absolutely perfect. Like I could be running around in humanoid form blasting at some autobots, run and jump off the bridge, switch to jet form, fly under the bridge and come up behind the autobots, then switch to helicopter form and blast the shit out of them.

Also get to control Grimmlok for a level or two. SMAAAAAAASH

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Devastation is a Platinum game and is tons of fun, I think it's one of their better ones but I also like Transformers so that helps. The combos are hella satisfying though. Fall of Cybertron is follow up to War and is mostly better in every way, but War was very solid to begin with so that's by no means a rip on War. Rise of the Dark Spark is generally the only one that gets panned and I've never played it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could never get into Bastion. Maybe it's time to give it another shot?
The Japanation with the gravelly voice announcer were just way too try hard. It never clicked with me. Even If I could get passed the style choices, the gameplay was pretty run of the mill.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Twitch offer

Up your game with VC and MyTEAM Cards in NBA 2K17
NBA 2K17 In-Game Loot: April 25th – May 22nd

1. After you create your MyPLAYER account in NBA 2K17, select "Options/Features" from the main menu
2. Select "Locker Codes"
3. Enter the Locker Code you received

DO7D8-LHN16-08ANG-IQLUI-KFWYD

enjoy