Stranger Things

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This was the first time I binge watched a show and wanted to immediately start over from ep1 and binge watch it again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Langemede

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finished binge watching the entire season myself a few nights ago. As much as I love Netflix, I'm always a bit sad knowing there is a long wait ahead of me for the next season of whatever I've finished watching. Can't wait for more of this.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that I finished watching this show, I can come and look at this topic.

The show was excellent. As many have said, if you were raised in the 80's, this show really puts you back. Even the way they do the intro is 80's like. The story was fun without being overly campy. The acting was damn good, as was the dialogue. The story was not based on reality but the characters certainly reacted the way I would expect them to given the situation. It has been a while since I watched a show that had me trying to figure out the why's and how's. I certainly agree with the premise that Eleven was the monster. The premise that all the LSD experiments actually did work is interesting. Net Flix must have asked Marvel for some help with the casting because that was dead on target.

Show gets a solid 9/10 and I am very interested in the next season.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read an article recently where they said they interviewed something ridiculous like 1000 kids for the boys' roles alone. Kudos for being thorough and hitting the mark!

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
RLM guys were surprisingly tepid with their review. I though Jay was going to go nuts for this since he's the big Carpenter fan.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2 things i didn't understand.....when hop left food in the end, was that for Eleven?
And now Will is the new monster?

Great show btw. Creepy as fuck. The music, environment.....man, i love the 80's.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Given the Eggos, I would assume yes. And, I don't think Will is the new monster but he might be infected or something akin to that.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Enjoyed this more than I expected. Binged the whole thing, which isn't normal for me. Brought back a lot of memories of old 80's movies like ET, Close encounters, with some Steven King and X-files blended in.

Quite a few unanswered questions, looking forward to the next season if its being made.

Black kid was annoying as fuck, dunno why his character bothered me so much, liked him better towards the end.

Was kinda hoping the douchebag Twilight wannabe boyfriend was gonna get eaten, but disappointed there.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Black kid was annoying as fuck, dunno why his character bothered me so much, liked him better towards the end.
Cuz you racist AF, duh.

Black kid was the smart one, he like, "WTF, we can't be messing w/ no crazy bald headed white bitch"

then he's like
"This white bitch be lying to us, throwing us around in circles n shit"

then white bitch legit attacks him and throws him with enough force to knock the wind out of him
"WHITE BITCH BE CRAZY!!!"

Black kid is the voice of reason, these 2 other white boys still think they playin DnD, dragging along an OP pet.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got around to watching this after all the hype, glad I did. It's a pastiche of many 80's films but it's still has a fresh enough twist. However I think winona is miscast as the mom. I never bought her as being a mother to two teenage boys. Guess not having kids in rl counts for something. Hope they make the monster a practical effect next season if they do get picked up. It would have added to the atmosphere a whole lot more. And also make the black kid less annoying, sheesh.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Finally got around to watching this in a binge this weekend and can only echo the overwhelming consensus of the thread so far as to how incredibly good it was. Total 80's nostalgiagasm. The series really was an amalgamation of so many movies and tv shows from that time. Aliens, The Goonies, Mazes and Monsters, Close Encounters, Poltergeist, Firestarter, Stand By Me all blended together so well as to be almost seamless.

The music was perfect and even the color saturation matched the way shows looked on TV back then.

And the casting. My god they hit gold in so many roles with that, especially the kids. I actually have a hard time deciding on any one character as my favorite.

The big boy networks need to take notice. Netflix is playing for keeps. After watching it how many would guess that the show runners got turned down 15 times while they were shopping this around for production before they went to Netflix and got the green light?

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Possible spoiler for S2:

Newpaper clippings from the end of Ep 8:
aQ0FTFC.jpg

Could be a family member or possibly part of a coverup by Hawkins Labs but the last sentence hints that Brenner (Matthew Modine) survived.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
First 3 episodes were slow but then this really turned out great.

Winona Ryder's acting has been all downhill since Heathers.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
What do you guys think is the minimum age limit for this series? I'm absolutely certain my sister and brother in-law will love this, but not sure if my niece can handle it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have some millennial friends who were born in the 90s but who are nevertheless unabashed John Carpenter fans who are absolutely beside themselves over this series. When talking to them it is clear one reason, beyond the obvious quality and 80s tropes, is that it is something they can see new.