Suicide Squad (2016)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Deadshot is an anti-hero now, not a villain. And the clean cut white guy is Rick Flag, he's not a bad guy he's a member of the military who frequently leads the squad for Waller. He's a volunteer, he doesn't have the explosive chip in his head. My guess is that Flag dies or is otherwise incapacitated and Deadshot takes over as leader of the squad.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
To be fair, I was skimming, so this may be true. I just didnt want to miss a chance to post a picture of Ronin, cause I thought he was a pretty sweet variation on Clint Barton, especially considering the rest of the stupid shit they did during Dark Reign.
Don't forget how he became Ronin, he was magic'd back to life (i think? i forget), shagged up Echo who was wearing a man suit to become Ronin, she died and they're like "there's this costume, since we can't use daredevil..."

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That whole torturing Harley into existence just seems so off. Like the whole tone it sets is just not right for a superhero collaboration movie.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Sorry. The last I heard about arrow is that he really really really wants to be Batman.
That's...actually pretty close to the comics:

t1khNvX.jpg

That whole torturing Harley into existence just seems so off. Like the whole tone it sets is just not right for a superhero collaboration movie.
"See, Harley's not all bad - she didn't chose this, the Joker turned her into it"

Not that I necessarily agree, but I'd imagine that's the reasoning.

Caliane

While I prefer Harley being lured by Joker's personality as her origin, I can understand why they'd choose to go with torture in the movie. That's a much faster way of explaining how Dr. Harleen Quinzel becomes Harley Quinn. And it doesn't completely eliminate the possibility that we'll see some infatuation developing prior to Joker breaking out (which could be why he chooses not to kill her).

I wouldn't be surprised if Will Smith has a smaller part than the trailers would lead you to believe. The only reason Will Smith is in this movie is to minimize risk. The studio likely insisted they have at least one A-lister so they could put him front and center in all of the ads.
I would.
Deadshot is likely the audience insert. There is a reason Assault on Arkham also focused on him. Everyone else is a crazy asshole. Deadshot is a family man, and "honorable" assassin.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Yeah, seeing the trailer it's obvious Will Smith is the misunderstood hero battling against a raw deal who just wants to be a good father to his children.

Presumably so they can grow up to wear Batman outfits to weddings.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The Arrow and Flash shows are probably the best live action thing DC has ever done.
I might be judging early, but it's shaping up to look like DC does it better on TV and Marvel does it better on the big screen. I mean sure, Marvel's TV stuff is pretty good, and DC has done decent movies. But some clear wheelhouses are shaping up and they should both consider sticking to their own.

Column_sl

shitlord
I posted that earlier in the thread, there is no way that is happening btw, but I like the theory.

Essentially they did something similar in the Batman Beyond movie. Suprised they haven't tried this in the comics yet on one of their reboot titles, but they already did Hush so it's basically a similar twist.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Actually wasn't there a line in TDKR about the Joker killing Jason Todd? If that is serving as the inspiration for Superman vs Batman I think they may have taken that and ran with it.

Add in the line from the trailer... "that turns good men cruel." So perhaps an older Batman, bitter at his past failures and inability to protect those he loved, also probably incredibly paranoid at this point, watches what he assumes is the arrival of an alien threat and decides Superman must die...

Eh I think it could work.

Err anyway Suicide Squad... loved the tone of the trailer. I prefer a darker edge to comics/fantasy stuff.

Column_sl

shitlord
The Joker did kill Jason. He blew him up.

It happened in Death in a Family, and the readers got to vote if they wanted him to die, or not.

I wish we could have voted to keep Damien dead. I hate that cunt.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm

It happened in Death in a Family, and the readers got to vote if they wanted him to die, or not.

Actually the circumstances around Jason's fate in TDKR is kept vague but it is heavily implied that he died. This was several years before Death in The Family.
Deconstructing Dark Knight Returns: What Happened To Jason?

Column_sl

shitlord
In continuity, Joker killed Jason Todd. That's the story they have been using since "Death in the Family".

Considering He has The jokers writing on his costume in the movie it's a pretty safe bet he died to the Joker unless they pull some twist.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
That actually would be an awesome backstory and explain a lot with all the weird/stupid changes they made to this version of the joker.
But seeing what hollywood is these days, I have little faith it's actually that and the suits just wanting to show how much more badass this joker is suppose to be to ledger's joker with dumb tattoos.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

Damian is great. The Dick/Damian batman and Robin run was one of the best runs in history. He died a hero...got a rez etc

The worst Robin was Jason and it sucks that they continually make one story for him over and over again. He blew up...now he's evil!!!!!!! Tell another story with Jason if you must. It was done best in the red hood movie.

Column_sl

shitlord
Read Batman incorporated, always hated Damian.

He's just a spoiled brat with ninja skills. That whole rezzing Damian was as retarded as when Batman came back as a caveman, and a pirate.