Summer 2024 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Solo leveling s2 confirmation at anime expo. No firm date yet.

erection GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Raising Kids While Adventuring is just as fluffy and wholesome as it sounds. From a good manga.
Wistoria - Good sword and sorcery trope show, animation seems better than most.
Dahlia in Bloom - Crafting isekai.
Failure Frame - Revenge on shitty goddess isekai.

Eagerly awaiting Isekai Shikkaku.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I haven't had time to binge my anime, but I caught up on Demon Slayer. OMFG that last episode!! Might be the best entrance ever by a character in ANY show, never mind anime!

OMFG.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I haven't had time to binge my anime, but I caught up on Demon Slayer. OMFG that last episode!! Might be the best entrance ever by a character in ANY show, never mind anime!

View attachment 535797
My boy wasn't even running, he was fucking GLIDING through that shit.

Such a cool ass scene.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The series may have ended on a pretty hype moment but I'm guessing the Infinity Castle arc is gonna get pretty fucking dark and bleak. Like I think we all know that there ain't no way the protagonist of a shonen doesn't end up winning in the end but there probably won't be a Demon Slayer Corps left to disband after Muzan dies. Aside from the emotional gut punch of Rengoku's death the show has been remarkably light on casualties considering the stakes. Upper 6 was killed at the cost of Uzui being crippled and forced into retirement but Uppers 4 and 5 were unbelievably clean kills. Mark my words, the Infinity Castle arc is going to be a Hashira bloodbath, I'd guess at least half of them are gonna die (there are 8 left right?).

Akaza was clearly toying with Rengoku. Obviously power levels have gone up a lot since then but we have no idea what he's really capable of and he is presumably the weakest of the remaining original upper moons.

Mitsuri was not a match for Upper 4, even if Zohakuten had most of Hantengu's power there was still clearly a substantial amount of power left in his main body (if I were to try and quantify it I'd say that even with Zohakuten siphoning most of his power his main body was still on par with or stronger than Upper 6 considering how hard it was to decapitate him)

So we have 3 Uppers stronger than Hantengu, whatever replacements Muzan has dug out to bolster his losses (Biwa player has 4 engraved on her eyes now), and of course Big Daddy Muzan himself.

I would say that Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao are safe. Mitsuri too considering the reveal that she was Rengoku's Tsugoku. Mist Hashira probably safe due to being related to Kakashi (I assume it's Kakashi he's related to) and maybe he even adds some sun breathing techniques to compliment the mist. The rest? Aint nobody safe imo.

BoozeCube

The Wokest
<Prior Amod>
Didn’t someone say it was planned as 3 movies? The manga was great and there are some amazing fights ahead, with the animation style some of the upcoming fights will be insane.

I so much prefer when they make a story like demon slayer that has a proper ending rather than stretching out 60 seasons of ass because it’s popular and ruining the show when it goes on clearly in ways the story was never intended.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
pretty sure i dumped season 1 a few episodes in. it just.... wasn't good?

Tower of God would be really good if they cut the dumb Japanese "humor". It's actually not very different from Demon Slayer in that regard except Demon Slayer has UFOTable saving it with insane visuals.

Both series have similar visceral characters and moments.

Demon Slayer is a C tier story. The characters are mostly fucking annoying, until they go off. Tower of God is similar but without the exceptional animation to make you forget how insufferable and annoying they can be.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'm not a fan of the crying lightning guy from Demon Slayer. He's really annoying.
Funny you mention that because he's a fan favorite.

Not because of his antics, everyone hates the crying shit.

it's because to couter balance that he has some of the most hype moments in the series. This fucker got some of the best reactions out of people by just diving in the infinity castle with his eyes open because people are getting hyped up at the potential of a 'serious time' zenitsu.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
No longer allowed in another world MC is lulzworthy 9/10
Evil Lieutenant 10/10

This season is finally shaping up!

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Book 6 has been really good as well. Rudy, Eris & Ruijerd make it all the way back to Eris' home town. Ruijerd explains how much she's grown as a swords woman, and explains that she's much stronger now than when he first met her. They make it to the first large city of the continent, and man-god appears in Rudy's dream, telling him how to save his other sister and maid. He stops his sister from being captured by the castle guards, and then sends a letter to Roxy like the man-god suggests. Roxy isn't at the palace any longer, and the 6th prince intercepts the letter, who wants to turn Roxy into a sex slave. He lures Rudy to the castle, under the pretense that he'll get to see Roxy that way, and is trapped inside of a magic chamber that doesn't allow him to finish casting any spells. He encounters the Prince's older brother, the 5th prince, who is the super strong guy from later in the Anime. The older brother discovers Rudy's Ruijerd statue, and decides to become Rudy's student. He frees Rudy from the magic chamber before they decide to meet up again in the future. A little further on the journey, they encounter the Dragon God, Orsted. He somehow knew exactly who Eris and Ruijerd were, says that Paul never had a son before. Rudy tries talking to him, and Orsted asks him if he's ever heard of the man god. When Rudy says he's appeared in his dreams, Orstead quickly punches him through the lungs, then knocks out Ruijerd and Eris. While walking away, Rudy hits him with the hardest, fastest stone cannon he can summon, before actually dying. Rudy awakens with the man-god again, and still has the hole in his chest. While talking, the man-god says that he isn't dead, but also says that Orsted is cursed, so the man-god doesn't have the ability to see where he is. That's why he never warned Rudy earlier about mentioning his dreams with Orsted. Turns out the girl walking with Orsted suggests that Rudy be saved, so Orsted heals him completely before continuing his walk. Once the three of them are back to normal, they decide to continue the journey to take Eris home. Right outside of the village, Ruijerd decides to go on his way so that Eris & Rudy can return to their village without him being a distraction. When they get to the village, they see that it's completely different than it used to be. Where the previous city and Eris's home was is now a field, and people have set up a small community living in tents and basic wooden structures. The "new" liege lord of the town decided that Eris's grandfather is responsible for the teleportation crisis. Then he is executed. Eris's mother and father are discovered dead by Ghislaine, in the outskirts of the war zone that she was teleported to. They were both dead and she noticed their bodies while walking through. Eris demands that she be left alone for a while, so Rudy and Ghislaine meet with the butler to discuss the future. The butler wants Eris to become the new side piece of her uncle, who is the current liege lord of the area, so that way she can secure the city being rebuilt for all of the people who were teleported away. Rudy isn't interested in that, and Ghislaine says she should just be with Rudy and far away from the area. Nothing is really resolved by the meeting, and Rudy goes back to his room alone. Later on, Eris drops by in a black night gown thing. They have sex and then the story turns to Eris's view point. It looks back over how she was so happy to beat a distracted Ruijerd in a sparring match, and then is quickly beaten herself with the new demon eye'd Rudy. She realizes just how helpless she is against him, so she's always trying to make herself stronger so she can stand by his side without burdening him. She wanted to finally have sex with him because she knew she was leaving the village to continue training where Ghislaine became a sword saint. She wants to be stronger so she doesn't embarrass Rudy. The next morning when Rudy wakes up, Eris is not around. She left him a note saying they are not ready yet, so she will go train and hopefully meet him again in the future. He's horribly depressed, and goes off to try finding other survives from the teleportation incident.
That's where I am right now. This book has been very good, and helping fill in the story even more. I should be done with it and onto book 7 by Monday.
I finished up book 6 today. The next chapter tells what happened to Roxy while all that was happening. She, Talhand the dwarf and Elinalise the elf were wandering around the demon continent. They were relaxing at a bar, and Talhand started a drinking competition with the demon eye emperor girl, and he lost. She was going to be sold into slavery because she owed so much money, so Roxy paid the bill to get her out of a jam. As a result, Emperor girl was going to also give Roxy a demon eye, but instead she asked where Rudy, Zenith, & the maid/daughter were located. Paul was with maid + daughter by this point, so Roxy and Talhand decided to go visit Paul and tell him where Zenith is located (in that labyrinth), and Elinalise went to go tell Rudy what was going on. Turns out that Elinalise and Badigadi (the 6-armed demon) fucked the night before, so he also went with her to go meet Rudy. Turns out his betrothed, the Demon Eye Emperor, was telling him all these good things about Rudy, so he wanted to meet him also. And that's where the 6gh book ended.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No longer allowed in another world MC is lulzworthy 9/10
Evil Lieutenant 10/10

This season is finally shaping up!
After watching both of these shows yesterday, Fate of the Remaining wasn't nearly as good as the first week. I dropped it from my list.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Failure frame feels like its gonna be this season's absolute trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user