Summer 2024 Anime Thread

velk

Trakanon Raider
I keep getting spammed for this tower of god show. Is it ass or what?

I vaguely remember season 1 being decent, but I started watching s2 and I have no idea what is going on. Maybe it'd make sense if I'd watched s1 recently, but I have no idea who any of the characters are, what they are doing or where the plot is going.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After re-watching MHA I really started to think Jiro's voice actress was the same one who voices Mordred in Fate, so I looked it up and I was wrong.

Except she DOES voice a character in Fate/Apocrypha, she voices Semiramis which is kind of ironic considering I thought she voiced Mordred.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I keep getting spammed for this tower of god show. Is it ass or what?

I liked the first season. It's faithful to the webtoon. They nailed the characters.

That being said. Wistoria: Wand and Sword is pretty amazing so far.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
I liked season one of tower of god, but episode 1 of season two was pretty bad looking. Maybe it’ll get better…

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Viral Vtuber is pretty funny. I did think that Vtubers were supposed to be like... CGI girls but this one looks exactly the same as her CGI model does?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I liked season one of tower of god, but episode 1 of season two was pretty bad looking. Maybe it’ll get better…
I feel like I missed a season or something. Was he a weird emo dude at the end of season 1?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know we don't discuss much One Piece here but it was fun finally watching the anime adaption of Useless Mid getting what he deserved.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tower of God post time skip takes a while to find it footing imo, and it never lives up to the promise of pre-time skip.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Viral Vtuber is pretty funny. I did think that Vtubers were supposed to be like... CGI girls but this one looks exactly the same as her CGI model does?
It's a strange show. Also, that StroZero they're always talking about is actually Suntory's Strong Zero, a alcoholic seltzer. Not really any different than White Claw or High Noon.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
I liked the first season. It's faithful to the webtoon. They nailed the characters.

That being said. Wistoria: Wand and Sword is pretty amazing so far.
Wistoria is definitely shaping up to be this season's gem. Both episodes have just flown by so far.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far S2 of the anime is 1:1 with the webtoon, and has a different artstyle than S1. Sadly, it took awhile in the manga for S2 to get going, but when it did, it was really good. So I expect a lot of anime only watchers to find S2 to be boring.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Wistoria's animation slaps.

elusive samurai is going to be good.

Pseudo harem, days with my stepsister (not what you think at all) and Alya are all excellent.

However

HOWEVER

My deer friend .....holy fuck.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finished up book 6 today. The next chapter tells what happened to Roxy while all that was happening. She, Talhand the dwarf and Elinalise the elf were wandering around the demon continent. They were relaxing at a bar, and Talhand started a drinking competition with the demon eye emperor girl, and he lost. She was going to be sold into slavery because she owed so much money, so Roxy paid the bill to get her out of a jam. As a result, Emperor girl was going to also give Roxy a demon eye, but instead she asked where Rudy, Zenith, & the maid/daughter were located. Paul was with maid + daughter by this point, so Roxy and Talhand decided to go visit Paul and tell him where Zenith is located (in that labyrinth), and Elinalise went to go tell Rudy what was going on. Turns out that Elinalise and Badigadi (the 6-armed demon) fucked the night before, so he also went with her to go meet Rudy. Turns out his betrothed, the Demon Eye Emperor, was telling him all these good things about Rudy, so he wanted to meet him also. And that's where the 6gh book ended.
Finished book 7 last week. I'm already 25% through book 8. Anyway, 7 told the story of Rudy becoming well known as Quagmire Rudius. He set off on a solo adventure to find his mother in the northern part of the Central Continent. At his first base of operations, he decides to help out other parties one by one to raise his name in hopes that his accomplishments will teach his mother's ears at some point. He's still completely crushed that Eris left him, but he thinks it's his fault and can't get his confidence back as a result. This begins Rudy's struggle with Erectile Dysfunction. He befriends a small party of A-class adventures, all the while mopping around and being down on himself for losing her. His mopping attitude also answers the local s-ranked party, and the leader gets in a fight with Rudy. They eventually resolve their differences and he even goes to a brothal with the leader, but ED doesn't allow anything to happen. The close of that book is when he helps the S-rank party to take on a very difficult quest that takes him to another region of the northern central Continent.

I'm happy to be rereading this story again. Anime wise, it's pretty early season 2 now.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the death of his dad might be the most brutal gut punch I've ever seen in an anime. No moment, no final words, just brutal death in gory fashion. Fucking A

Leon

<Silver Donator>
the death of his dad might be the most brutal gut punch I've ever seen in an anime. No moment, no final words, just brutal death in gory fashion. Fucking A
That episode aired on father's day.