Summoner's War - Sky Arena

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What he ^^ said. I also think Faimon rocks for the large amount of 2* and 3* mons you get, to help evolve the stuff you're leveling.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
What he ^^ said. I also think Faimon rocks for the large amount of 2* and 3* mons you get, to help evolve the stuff you're leveling.
Totally forgot about that aspect, you can literally drown yourself in fire hellhounds doing faimon 1 with the occasional salamander and inugami thrown in for good measure.

Speaking of the Light Army, which one is best to farm up first? I've never gotten around to it, mostly due to not playing when light dungeon is active, and am going to start.

OneofOne

Bearman > Inugami > Vagabond, are the 3 staples, but honestly it's get whatever you can as you can, since getting the SD's are a bitch sometimes

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
1. It depends on what you can auto, but generally speaking yeah, Faimon is still about the best. I mean, if you can auto Chiruka Hell that is probably better xp, but that's a tall order.
2. Imps can still work, because if you dot the giant he's still going to die the same as before, but it would take some finessing to work right. You're better off building a new team out of wind pixie, wind griffon, etc. as others will tell you better than I.
3. He's not going to do much for you now.
4. Yes, he's a beast from what I can see, and will go on a lot of Dragon auto teams in the future too.
5. Light Vagabond is always good to have. I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them.
6. Unless you are really light on monsters, not really worth it to work on either of those. Light Bearman and Inugami are going to be vastly better healers too, and since you have those, ignore the fairies.

Thengel

I could have sworn I had light vagabond, but I guess I'm at 20/40 pieces for him. Wind Griff I've had several and fused away, looks like I actually have 2 now. Just never got around to him since it seems like his role is pretty similar to light inugami, water witch, wind pixie, etc.

Edit: Kinda sucks I have a 5* dark elemental that appears to be completely worthless now.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I could have sworn I had light vagabond, but I guess I'm at 20/40 pieces for him. Wind Griff I've had several and fused away, looks like I actually have 2 now. Just never got around to him since it seems like his role is pretty similar to light inugami, water witch, wind pixie, etc.
What you should work on:

Assemble a team of the following:

LIGHT-
VAGABOND (DARION)
BEARMAN (AHMAN)
INUGAMI (BELLADEON)

WIND-
GRIFFON (BERNARD)
PIXIE (SHANNON)

Those will be your staple go-tos for team comp for Giants.

Ideally you assemble a giants team of something like Acasis (L) - Shannon - Bernard - Ahman - Belladeon, or some variation thereof. If you can get some stronger Wind monsters (like Briand/Wind Deathknight or Lushen/Wind Joker or Chasun/Wind Sky Dancer) supplement them in.
Your AD can be comprised of any mix of Darion / Ahman / Bella / XXX for a fairly strong armor break/violent/puppyrage/lolsometimesyoujustwin.

There is about 2 months of playing for you right there.

Thengel

Well I already have 5* Ahman, Belladeon, Shannon. My other wind stuff would be Copper, Shimitae, 9-tails, Pierret, Succubus, of which I think only Shimitae and maybe Copper are worth a damn. For arena I always did something with Shimitae lead and Megan, not sure if that's still legit.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mine is not a popular opinion, and for your level I am completely wrong, but I have found that the only people who use Megan in AD are those that enjoy having inanimate objects placed in their rectum. So, it is really up to you if you want to use her, no judgments here.

(You should use her, I just have an irrational hatred of her.)

Fiftyfour

Mine is not a popular opinion, and for your level I am completely wrong, but I have found that the only people who use Megan in AD are those that enjoy having inanimate objects placed in their rectum. So, it is really up to you if you want to use her, no judgments here.

(You should use her, I just have an irrational hatred of her.)
This made me laugh more than it should've.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why do i come across some guys in arena who are level 40 but have like a level 1 guy for defense. is that to entice me to fight him? (cuz i do)

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
why do i come across some guys in arena who are level 40 but have like a level 1 guy for defense. is that to entice me to fight him? (cuz i do)
Yes they are trying to get you to attack them. They get glory points for losses as well, so the more people who they lose to the more points they gain. Interesting aspect is you get the same points for a loss or a win on defense. The only downside is you tank your rating so you will end up getting less points (+3 if you are under 1200).

OneofOne

Since when do we get glory points for losing on defense? Losing on attack sure, but never heard of it on defense. The reason I do that lanx is because I end up with a list full of people I know I can beat, that know they can beat me, and I get a max 4 glory points every fight and never lose. I care about glory points, not rank. It's just mutual farming.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looking at my defense record it shows +4 for every loss I've received. I could be misinterpreting that though. Never really looked into it closely. I know I lose a ton but my glory points just keep going up.

OneofOne

If you look at the "Match-up" and "Rival" lists, they show the same rewards in the same places - what you get for defeating that opponent. So that+4 glory you see on your History is just what you'll earn if you attack them back and win.

Rothir

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you look at the "Match-up" and "Rival" lists, they show the same rewards in the same places - what you get for defeating that opponent. So that+4 glory you see on your History is just what you'll earn if you attack them back and win.
Yeah I guess I never really thought too hard about it and figured there must be some incentive to getting people to attack you. Seems odd that they will put the +4 glory next to every opponent since .. well .. it isn't like it ever varies except when you drop rank.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
well my guess is that, it's a nice way to have ppl on your "list"/revenge you can always beat easily for an arena win, both ways. I mean it's sad i literally have to find these types of guys hope they revenge me so i can revenge them again cuz i only have 4, 4stars and all my potential opponents are 5stars.

OneofOne

I use a 2*, 3*, 4*, and 5* as my AO team. Mind you I'm not ubber like some of these guys, but I do get my max glory. Another reason you keep a single mob (but a decent one) as AD is so you keep your rank kinda low so your opponents aren't too hard, but not so low you revert to 3 Glory a win. I keep my Arnold alone on D so that noobs can't just run my rank down too fast, but he's beatable by any team that tries. (I still get a lot of wins with him... but yeah lol)

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just picked this up recently, any advice for starting out? Working on leveling the few decent monsters I've picked up so far but not sure if there is an optimal farm location or order or something?