Survivor

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When he was making it, I was just like, "Ugh, another fake idol play. Seen this one before."

Then he found the coconut and started hiding it and I was speechless at the genius of it. My only qualm was he made it WAY too obvious. Had Adam found it I think he would've been immediately suspicious. But Jay bought it bigly.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I find it funny Bret thinks he's a better player than Ken which I don't think he is. He didn't do much of anything other than talk shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So i didn't pay attention, how did Adam do a clean sweep, to the point that No Game Ken and Butterface Hannah got tied for second? I thought at least Ken, get'd a buddy vote from David to get more money, tied for 2nd means 2nd + 3rd place monies get pooled together and divided up evenly.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a meh ending and a meh winner. Ken was screwed either way going into the final three. His best chance was to force a tie and pray Adam won. That way he could practice what he endlessly preached and had somewhat of a chance.

While not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, I did feel Hannah had the best game of the final three, and I felt she owned the tribal. However, it was too hard to beat the my mom has cancer card.

I get it. Adam's story really was touching, but in the end the dudes gameplay was terrible. He rather ran too hard, too fast, or was on the wrong side of the vote, or needlessly played an idol. Not only that, his tribal was about as bad as Ken's.

It was a great season, filled with crazy gameplay midway through post merge and onward. So it was kind of expected for the final three to be flat with all of the big players taking each other out. Adam was a big player whose big moves failed with the lone exception of the most important one, I guess.

Next season looks amazing. I just hope they see through Sandra's bullshit early and vote her off before the merge.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Next season looks amazing. I just hope they see through Sandra's bullshit early and vote her off before the merge.

Sandra failing at everything and failing into a Survivor win x2 is the only thing telling me that we're not in a simulation, that this is real, cuz her chances at winning once, were far... but twice? holy shit, but she's gonna be final three, guarantee she'll be the best goat to take.

Then again Russel probably thought that too s20, depends how butt hurt the Jury is.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Russel's game play was pretty bad in HvV though. He was robbed in Samoa for sure, but in HvV, it was Parvati who should have won that one. Sandra just floated all the way to the end, and then stirred the shit a little from the distance and scored a win from a butt hurt jury. I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm still pissed about that pair of seasons, and how they played out. Some of the best game play in the history of Survivor, and both awarded two of the most non deserving players in the history of Survivor the money. However, just saw the entire cast of the next season (Game Changers) and it looks phenomenal (outside of Sandra), so I am very pumped.

Survivor: Game Changers - Tribe Names and Divisions | Inside Survivor

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does anyone else think Probst may have had a bit too much influence on the day 36 immunity challenge? He was really going hard on Jay through the entire thing.

They talked a lot at that tribal about how mentally fucked these people had become, and to have someone yelling for the entire challenge, "Holy shit, you sure did fuck that up!" has to be distracting when you're solving a puzzle.

I'm not saying he cost Jay the immunity, nor that Probst needs to be less involved, but during the challenge I just kept thinking about how that sure seems like it'd screw with someone's concentration.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Russel's game play was pretty bad in HvV though. He was robbed in Samoa for sure, but in HvV, it was Parvati who should have won that one. Sandra just floated all the way to the end, and then stirred the shit a little from the distance and scored a win from a butt hurt jury. I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm still pissed about that pair of seasons, and how they played out. Some of the best game play in the history of Survivor, and both awarded two of the most non deserving players in the history of Survivor the money. However, just saw the entire cast of the next season (Game Changers) and it looks phenomenal (outside of Sandra), so I am very pumped.

Survivor: Game Changers - Tribe Names and Divisions | Inside Survivor

I'm team Mana, my fav rankings of both teams

Mana
1.Tony Vlachos
2.Caleb Reynolds
3.Michaela Bradshaw

the rest, don't give a shit
Jeff Varner
Malcolm Freberg
Troyzan Robertson
Aubry Bracco,
Ciera Eastin
Hali Ford
Sandra Diaz-Twine.

Nuku
1. Cirie Fields
2. Andrea Boehlke

the rest, don't give a shit

Debbie Wanner,
Sarah Lacina,
Sierra Dawn-Thomas,
Brad Culpepper,
JT Thomas,
Ozzy Lusth,
Tai Trang
Zeke Smith.

Yea, even Ozzy, too much Ozzy, yawn

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
God damn it. The board update ate my big survivor post.

I was disappointed with the Adam win. I thought he played an active, but pretty poor game. I was rooting for Hannah at the end. I think in the end, the million dollars usually goes to the person that the jury likes most. They look at gameplay, but then they just rationalize that whoever they want to vote for played the best game. Chris' speech at FTC was a good example of this. Ken was right to point out that Adam didn't have a damn thing to do with him flipping on David, but Chris invented that narrative to rationalize who he wanted to vote for. In the end, survivor is about relationships, not "big moves". You have to be strategic enough to get to the end, but you also need the relationships to get people to vote for you. I'm sure the Mom story had an effect as well. I imagine Jay told everybody about it at Ponderosa.

I wonder if Adam had known that he would be missing his Mom's last month alive if he would have played. Seems like spending time with your loved one is more important than playing Survivor, especially since they told him he could play next year instead, but of course they didn't know that she would die that soon.

David's fake idol was amazing. Jay's confessionals talking about it were so hilarious.

With regard to Jeff talking shit, he always does that when people fuck up. I'm sure it's distracting, but he does it in every challenge and I'm sure that making it harder to concentrate is part of the reason he does it.

Disappointing winner or not, it was a great season. Looking ahead to next season, I can't believe they are bringing Sandra back again. She should really be the first boot if there's any justice in the world. Even though I am on record for years saying that Russell was an entertaining but terrible Survivor player, she was still a million dollar goat.

I liked Cierra's game when she played before. Looking forward to what she's like now that she's a bit older. Ditto for Andrea. I don't think Tony's strategy that he won with would have worked in any other season and I don't expect much from him. Tai coming back was inevitable. I think of him kind of like Rupert though, he's weird and funny and we like him but we've seen him and don't really need to see him again. Michaella will be entertaining again, but I still don't think that she can win. Not sure what the point of bringing back JT and Ozzie was. They are likeable and great in challenges, but neither of them had any game outside of that. I suppose it will be fun to see them going against each other, although Ozzie is getting some years on him now and has to have slowed down a bit. I'm glad to see Aubry getting another chance. I'm not sure how she will do, but she has a talent for connecting with people which is pretty valuable in Survivor. I think that Cirie has too much baggage from prior seasons, especially since some of the people on her tribe played with her before, and she will probably get booted early.

The rest of them don't interest me that much. Hali Ford and Sierra Dawn-Thomas I don't even remember but they could have played during the period that I didn't watch.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weird, no Ponderosa vids have been uploaded for any of the 3 voted out before the final TC.

I don't hate on Adam as much as you guys do. The guy legit was torn about being away from his mom. I don't think he played it up at all. In fact, he only confided with Jay about it. Him and his mom were supposed to be on Survivor together. It's gotta be on his mind all the time. The fact she died within hours of him returning home says a lot too. Must've been heartbreakingly bitter sweet.

I also think Adam played far harder than the other two. Ken surely did well in immunity challenges, but his 1 dimensional "honor" game play was a fluke getting him as far as he did. The fact there were so many good players this season, all rightfully target one another let him fly somewhat under the radar. Hanna? Sorry, it is a great journey that you found a little bit of backbone, but you bumbled your way through most of the game and were never taken seriously. Again, bigger fish to fry.

Great season overall. It was said earlier in the thread, but this group played like superfan veterans. Glad Adam won of the 3. A good finish to the season. Next season? I don't know.. I am kinda over the gimmick of returning contestants. We have found some amazing new players the last few seasons. Take lesson in that. Leave the "memberberries" alone.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Weird, no Ponderosa vids have been uploaded for any of the 3 voted out before the final TC.

They don't get Ponderosas, I think they just shuffled off to the main house for a meal then off they go the next day

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pizoi

Golden Squire

They were put up last night. Really enjoyed Jay's, seems like a really good guy. Wouldn't mind seeing him in another season.

Jay - Bret - David -

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I would bet a lot of money that Jay will play again. Probably David too.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I liked Jay a lot and felt pretty bad when he got "got" with that fake idol. The fake idol was awesome, though.

I'm ok with Adam winning. I was ok with any of the final 3 winning, really. This was a really entertaining season.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I loved Jay's attitude when he realized he got suckered with the fake idol. Would have been real easy to be mad as fuck and bitter but he appreciated it. I doubt I would have been so gracious. Great season.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So did Zeke ever come out and say he is really a woman and I missed all that? Or were you guys just fucking with me? If so, well done I totally bought it.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Yeah I kept waiting to hear something about that too. I have no idea if it's actually a thing, but he does look like he has scars on his chest that would indicate some sort of tissue removal.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
David not voting for Ken is the saltiest bitch move

He effectively robbed Ken's daughter of extra Barbie money.

While i'm not disagreeing that Ken's a goat, he is, but ken and dave had the top 5 non family bond i've seen in survivor.

Ken voting out Dave day 37? come on he had to, and if Adam didn't bitch cry "My moms dying, give me a million!!!", Ken stood a good chance at final 3.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So Hannah and Zeke are trolling or a thing? My girl Michelle looking good at the finale. Pretty crazy about Adam's mom dying an hour after he got home, but still think he played a shit game and didn't deserve to win.