Survivor

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Finally watched the finale last night. I kinda didn't mind who got to the final 3, obviously Jay and David would have had to pull some more rabbits out of a hat to get to the end. The fake idol was epic and Jay fell for it pretty good. Hannah being socially awkward did a good job staying on the border of every group and mostly voting on the right side and not upsetting anyone, her wanting to get rid of Bret before David made sense, she still had Ken as an ally to the end. I don't blame David for not voting for Ken because frankly after that tribal and the mom and cancer stuff came up, who wasn't going to vote for Adam then? All the votes would be shown and who wants to be the one who didn't vote for the guy and his dying mother?

It's a really sad story, he went on there for him and his mothers dream of being on survivor, she dies like an hour of him coming back. Unfortunately to me it tainted things a little in the end, they all worked their butts off to get to that point, everyone plays for their family and future when they go out there, then they find out his mother has cancer in final tribal, well here take the money no one else matters. But in any case he did work his way to the final 3 without it, just doesn't seem fair to reveal it at final tribal, Hannah - I did this to get over my fears, Ken - I did this for my daughter, Adam - I did this for my dying mother.... at that point both Hannah and Ken probably sat there thinking they should have kept David. I just don't want to see any more players coming on there with dying family waiting for them at home, while the emotional stuff might be good in the tv execs minds, it messes with the game.

As for next season, that cast doesn't excite me. I hope Sandra gets voted out early.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would absolutely vote for the best player over the sob story. Fuck that, Survivor isn't about Adam's mom. It's about him and his game play. Does he deserve to win for his game play? Sure, I can buy it. And I probably would have voted for him. But his mother story? Give me a break.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I would absolutely vote for the best player over the sob story. Fuck that, Survivor isn't about Adam's mom. It's about him and his game play. Does he deserve to win for his game play? Sure, I can buy it. And I probably would have voted for him. But his mother story? Give me a break.
he never said my mom dying of cancer, but i'm pretty sure he was smart enough to tell jay, so jay would blab to the jury.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah he did. At the beginning of final tribal, Jay was talking to him and he broke down and cried and said he wouldn't talk about it. But then a few jurors later and he was like, "I found out my mom has stage 4 cancer before coming out here and she's dying" or something like that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Adam won because he brought two people who were terrible in the game. He didn't play a perfect game of Survivor but he played well better than the two goats he brought to the jury. Ken probably should have recognized he couldn't win and just brought David.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure I like this change.

Survivor Game Changers First Twist Revealed: There Will Be No Revote After The Tie

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So do they just instantly go to firemaking?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not super excited about this season in general. Tired of seeing a lot of these people. Sandra and Cirie? Fucking yawn.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah not going to watch this season. I kind of hate these all star seasons.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I'm not super excited about this season in general. Tired of seeing a lot of these people. Sandra and Cirie? Fucking yawn.

This is spot on. Tired of seeing these same people season after season, especially Sandra and Cirie.

After one episode, those two have done exactly what we expected of them. I was sorry to see Tony go, he's entertaining. Mostly, though, I wanted him to stay because that'd have meant Sandra being voted off. "The Queen stay The Queen." Already tired of hearing that shit.

Debbie is a riot, she works for the military, but doesn't get paid in dollars. Instead, she gets paid in military training. Fucking LOL.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Editing was kinda fucked unless I was not paying attention, Malcom and Caleb locked in the Tony camp right, but jump ship without a word? I'm sure there is an extra confessional on youtube that covers this, I could understand editing out Michaela's final decision if it actually mattered as the swing. Tony was playing rather retarded tho, fucking spy bunker with a bunch of twigs and leaves... troll idol hunting... the two back to back looses didn't help, his original season he had 11 days to assemble a semblance of a majority and establish himself before having to go to tribal.

It was looking so good as well, Ciera gone with Sandra up next.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Editing was kinda fucked unless I was not paying attention, Malcom and Caleb locked in the Tony camp right, but jump ship without a word? I'm sure there is an extra confessional on youtube that covers this, I could understand editing out Michaela's final decision if it actually mattered as the swing. Tony was playing rather retarded tho, fucking spy bunker with a bunch of twigs and leaves... troll idol hunting... the two back to back looses didn't help, his original season he had 11 days to assemble a semblance of a majority and establish himself before having to go to tribal.

It was looking so good as well, Ciera gone with Sandra up next.

I came here to post this. I have never once complained openly about the editing, but I really think they missed the boat trying to build suspense around the actual tribal council vote. I hated Sandra in Heroes vs Villians, and thought she was totally an undeserving winner. But in last night's tribal, she was not only able to convince Caleb, Malcom, Varner (to a lesser extent), and (possibly) Mikaela to vote for Tony, she also convinced the man gunning for her to vote someone else. That means the story was in the actual scrambling not the final vote, and they totally skipped over it for some cheap suspense thrills.

I am actually really excited for this season. Yeah there are some duds, that were obviously plan b's or even plan c's in place of some plan A's who declined coming back. But there is a shit ton of hard core players coming back. Too bad one of them was too over the top for people with any inkling of gameplay sense and he got ousted early. Unless these people get way too much credit, Sandra and Cirie should not make the merge.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was disappointed to see Ciera go first. I like her and wanted to see her play again but the first vote is a crap shoot. She played to hard too fast which does in a lot of people. Tony fell victim to what a lot of returning players that were a big character on their first season do. They think they have to live up to their persona from the previous season and they wind up being a retarded parody of their previous character. I thought he would be out quick and he was.

Everyone is terrified of Cirie and they should be. It was pretty entertaining watching her turn Tai into a puddle in about 3 seconds when he tried to lie to her and she saw right through it. Tai is definitely not the guy you want to tell any secrets to. Cirie is a great player but as I said before the season, she has too much baggage/reputation and people are not going to work with her. I'd be surprised if she makes it through the first tribal she goes to. I think if I was her I would have gone with the "this is my 4th time playing survivor and I'm just on vacation this time, I know I can't win and I'll do whatever you guys want me to as long as you let me hang around" attitude. When she shows up and starts acting like Cirie then people are going to get scared and vote her out.

I don't know WTF Sandra is doing. Running the show was never her game. She always sat back behind the scenes and made sure she didn't get targeted but now she's bossing people around and although she won this week, I doubt she will be around long. I'm not as confident with her as Cirie, but I'll be surprised if she makes the merge.

It's pretty surprising how much people are just assuming they have no chance of beating Ozzie at anything. It was pretty lame that they barely even tried to compete with him to get the tool kit at the beginning, even though that challenge was tailor made for him.

Jeff Varner is certainly looking old and fat. It was pretty amazing how useless he was in the snake challenge. Him yelling out "I'm putting all my weight on it" was pretty hilarious.

Michaela is looking just like last time. She is awesome, but she can't control her emotions which is pretty much a death sentence in Survivor.

I don't know why Sierra is here. I barely remember her, let alone see how she was a "game changer". She is hot as fuck though, so I'm okay with it.

My early favorites are JT and Andrea. Andrea is looking hot as ever, and she has steadily gotten better every time she's played. JT grew a bit of a paunch which is probably good for him on Survivor. I have heard people say that the reason Caleb passed out and had to be medivaced last time was because he was training for some bodybuilder thing and then went on survivor at the last minute and he had like 2% body fat which is not a good plan for Survivor. JT seems to be as charming as ever and with so many physical threats on this season, I think it will be awhile before anyone gets too serious about voting him out. With his awesome social game and athleticism I think he's got a good shot, but he needs to find someone strategic to work with since he proved to be terrible at strategy in his second season.

I'm a little annoyed that Debbie and Tai are back. They didn't change the game and they were interesting characters, but I got all I needed of them in their previous season. JT had the line of the night with "Tai needs to decide if he's here to win a million dollars or just marry these chickens." I am guessing that they will probably just vote him out at some point so they can eat the chickens. He is a pretty terrible survivor player and not very useful in the early physical challenges. Debbie would be okay if there weren't so many confessionals of her blathering nonsense. Between her and Tony this episode was chock full of people blathering nonsense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Jesus christ Tony when Jeff said this was about game changers doesn't mean you go fucking full retard from day one. Running for the idol 10s into getting in camp isn't a good "joke" it paints the biggest target on you from day one, and the first half of the game is about the team and building alliances not so much yourself. Trying to do the spy bunker crap actually worked against him, didn't even hear the conversation with sandra and troyzan properly, jumps out at them to force them to tell lies and then gets all paranoid. Sandra is pretty full of herself, sure two time winner, but laying that queen shit on thick in the confessionals and mouthing off so much. Troyzan and Varner are pretty damn useless, don't even remember what they did was special to be on here, but don't care.

And holy fuck the editing... how did the two supposed main targets, head of their alliances, both vote for Aubrey and the rest of the tribe voted for Tony? It's like they were both duped to vote for Aubrey by the rest of the tribe.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure Sandra voted for Aubrey just in case Tony voted for her and then played the idol. She wanted to be sure at least one other person had a vote. That would have been an interesting scenario though, with the new rule. If that happened, it's a tie and to avoid drawing rocks, they would have to all agree to vote for Aubrey. It's not clear whether Tony would have a vote since he has immunity, but if he did then he could say "screw you guys, Aubrey is my ally, vote out Sandra or draw rocks." and there would be no risk to him because of immunity.

This might seem like a bad deal for Aubrey, but she voted for Tony and the alliances barely exist at this point so I doubt she needs to think that she's on the outside of an alliance that includes everyone else in the tribe.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even Tony didn't vote for Sandra. I don't care for the queen bullshit she spews, but she did a masterful job there.