SWTOR

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll probably resub for the expac like I normally do, spend a couple of days on the story, and then unsub until next year.

That's probably what I'll do if I get around to it. But I still have to play through Shadows of Revan and Knights of the Fallen Empire so I may not even get around to it this year.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Knights of the Fallen Empire story is done. I think non-early access people can finish up the final chapter tomorrow. I didn't do the previous one so I'll probably spend time Saturday running through the final two. I've head some early grumbling about the story not being self-contained, but I knew that the moment they announced the name of the next expansion/season/whatever they're calling it these days (Knights of the Eternal Throne).

No indication that there's anything new coming between now and the next story. I think I'm done. Was a good run.

Arterial

N00b
Yeah it looks like they will just release episodic content now which i have zero interest in, my guild no longer plays so i rarely log in anymore.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
The announced a few things yesterday.
New chapter (Shroud of Memory) comes out Sept 7th with you playing HK-55, have to have subbed since KotFE started, with no gaps, to get it I think.
Dark vs Light event will end a few weeks before KotET starts.
Full announcement for the expansion to be shared on New York Comic Con Cantina (October 6-9). Cantina will be around October 5 or the 6th and info will be released there.

Got the info from Dulfy.

SWTOR Archives - Dulfy

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I bought this game at launch and played to like 43 or someout 2 yerthing like that with a Sith Inquisitor. Then I quit, came back about 2 years ago and played a Bounty Hunter to a similiar level. Didnt finish any major quests or stories.

I have the itch to give this a shot. If I came back today, would it make sense to make a new character? I heard you can basically just crush the class story up to like 50, then do Shadows of Revan then the current expansion. That true? Or should I just pick up a past character and figure out where im at? With all the changes I have completely forgotten this game so it might make sense to just crush through a class story quick and relearn a class if thats the route im going.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I can't actually say much since I have not played in quite a while, but note that SWTOR is currently in the middle of a promotion that is several months long, Light vs Dark or something like that. It only applies to new characters created since summer. You might want to look into that to see if the rewards are worth starting over. That aside, I tend to start over when going back to it because I don't remember shit about where I left off story-wise (which is the only reason I play this from time to time).

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
IS there still that epic EXP boost on the story? Where I dont have to grind bullshit sidequests on every planet?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Last time I had played they had toned that down a bit so now you have to do both your story quest as well as the planet story questline to keep your levels up. You can still skip all the bullshit side quests though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
IS there still that epic EXP boost on the story? Where I dont have to grind bullshit sidequests on every planet?

The game has changed significantly over the years. The epic exp boost are no longer needed because they smoothed out the leveling.

There is now scaling of levels on planets. Each planet has a max that you will be scaled to. In doing this they also made main story quest worth a lot more.

You can level a character doing nothing but main story and using exp "potions". If you ever do fall behind for whatever reason, you can grab heroics from the fleet and catch up in an hour.

The game is also much easier. You can solo any heroic with ease. Give it a try.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Thanks for the info dudes.

I resubbed and started a Sith Assassin on Prophecy of the 5 to use my old Legacy things. Already level 10 in like an hour and a half. Just did only story, I see what you mean with the smoothing. Very cool. I also noticed my first companion Khem Val can play all three roles now. He used to be only a tank. Is this like that for all companions?

Name is Ashtone if anyone picks this up.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
pot5 was a dead server before I stopped playing, can't imagine how bad it is now. They needed to do server merges and release a new raid/dungeon ages ago.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the info dudes.

I resubbed and started a Sith Assassin on Prophecy of the 5 to use my old Legacy things. Already level 10 in like an hour and a half. Just did only story, I see what you mean with the smoothing. Very cool. I also noticed my first companion Khem Val can play all three roles now. He used to be only a tank. Is this like that for all companions?

Name is Ashtone if anyone picks this up.

Ah yes, sorry I left that out. Companions are massively changed as well. They no longer require gear as they have set stats. Any companion can play any role.

To correct myself from earlier: planets are level synched down to their max level. You will not be synched up at all. A level 18 max planet will put anyone 19+ back to 18, but a level 16 will be just a 16.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Started playing again.. Did the pre KotFE mission and it bugged out at the end.. can't finish it.. won't stop me from starting KotFE though so it's not a big deal.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll say this, they sure do know how to put together a cinematic.

Jesus, I thought those were live actors for the first few seconds. F'ing amazing, they are so close to being real. They should make whole movies like this and fire all the prima donna overexposed pisswads I'm tired of looking at (Yeah, I'm talking about you Matt Damon).

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
And then.. HeroEngine. Yeah, never going back.
Yeah, there's that thread about the most disappointing games and I listed this, but I was the only one which kind of surprised me. I mean it's not awful, but I bought the hype going in.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
That trailer is awesome and then you log into the game and realize why its a huge pile of shit.

Its like they are spending all the money on the trailers. Most disappointing game this decade.