SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also, having to create new characters over and over simply to get the decoration is retarded.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
SWTOR Fallen Empire: Story, Chapter Lengths and New Content

In a new video published by Lady Insanity, several details of the chapter length, romance choices, and an unspecified new content have been revealed directly from Bioware.

Here are the key points from the video.

The free level 60 character that all subscribers get will have sufficient gear to beat enemies in Chapter I but won?t have any credits.

Chapter I will act as a tutorial chapter with several of the abilities locked. Abilities will be unlocked and new abilities obtained as you progress from chapter I.

Chapters are at least 1 hr long in term of story content (cutscenes/convos/choice wheel) with some chapters longer than others. (Since we are getting 9 chapters we can assume there is at least 9 hrs of story content).

Companions/love interests you are involved with now know if you romance another character and there might be potential for permanent breakups

There are no specific class missions, just one epic story.

There will be new content in Fallen Empire besides the rehashed flashpoints/operations and the story. This new content is different from what we have currently and Bioware is tight lipped about it until closer to the released date.

Togruta is confirmed to be coming with patch 3.3 (July 21)

Referenced video is at the link.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmmmm, I want to say red flag. 9 hours is a good bit, but the fact it's the same for every class means the only differentiation will be companion stories/interactions most likely.
Different paths perhaps? and endings? Otherwise replay value is low for the story folks.

Merrith

Why is that a 'red flag'?
See Grim's post above. The whole cool part of the original leveling process was 8 different class stories. Makeb/Rishi/Yavin while they extending the main storyline were essentially just 2 stories, 1 from each faction's side. Sure you had a little tiny class quest thrown in on Rishi, but it was hardly enough to really further anything from the original class storyline. I'd rather 8 shorter but different story lines to go through than two 9 hour ones, just one for each faction.

moontayle

Golden Squire
See Grim's post above. The whole cool part of the original leveling process was 8 different class stories. Makeb/Rishi/Yavin while they extending the main storyline were essentially just 2 stories, 1 from each faction's side. Sure you had a little tiny class quest thrown in on Rishi, but it was hardly enough to really further anything from the original class storyline. I'd rather 8 shorter but different story lines to go through than two 9 hour ones, just one for each faction.
Yeah, it's a little disappointing but not too much. I think it depends on exactly how much variance is allowed. The knock on the original class stories is that the important beats ultimately mean little. See: Sith Warrior. You know the part I'm talking about. Your predilection toward DS or LS choices actually do end up influencing which "flavor" of class story conclusion, but the ending is still the same. And actually, the only real tangible difference LS/DS ever makes in the entire game is, again, with the Sith Warrior and which Jaesa you get.

If what they're talking about is closer to, say, Witcher 3 choices which wildly vary the path of the overall story, then that might be worth it.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
See Grim's post above. The whole cool part of the original leveling process was 8 different class stories. Makeb/Rishi/Yavin while they extending the main storyline were essentially just 2 stories, 1 from each faction's side. Sure you had a little tiny class quest thrown in on Rishi, but it was hardly enough to really further anything from the original class storyline. I'd rather 8 shorter but different story lines to go through than two 9 hour ones,just one for each faction.
Do we even know if there are different stories per faction? I havent read everything about this expansion but the fluff points towards Empire and Republic being a thing of the past and you are waking up in a different setting that takes place decades after the current war (assuming decades based on the lifetime of your companions, if they are also frozen it could be hundreds or years even). I read somewhere that the prologue takes your character into the new lvl60 "world" and you cant go back, either. Sounds very much like a full reset of their world if that is true. Their plan going forward is pretty much the GW2 living story, with monthly or so new chapters.

Merrith

Do we even know if there are different stories per faction? I havent read everything about this expansion but the fluff points towards Empire and Republic being a thing of the past and you are waking up in a different setting that takes place decades after the current war (assuming decades based on the lifetime of your companions, if they are also frozen it could be hundreds or years even). I read somewhere that the prologue takes your character into the new lvl60 "world" and you cant go back, either. Sounds very much like a full reset of their world if that is true. Their plan going forward is pretty much the GW2 living story, with monthly or so new chapters.
I admit I was just assuming they'd have a story for each side, even if it is a time jump and if they have some "common enemy" I'd assume they'd still split it into their own flavor. If it's just 1 that's even worse.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey folks!

We are running into some issues with Game Update 3.3, and so we are going to be delaying tonight's scheduled maintenance. It is still our goal to get out Game Update 3.3 as soon as possible. I will pass on more updates tomorrow. Again, there will be no maintenance tonight which will delay the launch of Game Update 3.3.

This does have an affect on some other things as well:

Bountry Contract Week is delayed until Game Update 3.3 goes live, and will only run until next Tuesday.
The Outer Rim Explorer's pack will still go live tomorrow.
The next Conquest will start on time, tomorrow.

Thank you for your understanding!

-eric

Malakriss

How to win a free Crest of the Dread Master: completely forget there's a giveaway, see them advertising in fleet 7 minutes after the supposed start time, load up the stream on 2nd monitor and remember you can quick travel to Ziost Shadow.

rrr_img_104752.jpg

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Why do designers bother with these stupid gimmick one hit kill fights? Does anyone like that sort of thing? Like I have time to try to mouse over some little icon to stop some retarded event.

Malakriss

You mean death touches or void zones? No one liked those since before EQ. It also makes old content stupid when you want to solo/duo things like EC tanks.