SWTOR

moontayle

Golden Squire
I can get behind that list as well though I would put INQ at the bottom. I just can't get over the shitfest that is the beginning of Chapter 2.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone have any suggestions for a PVE imperial guild on The Shadowlands? I'm liking the playstyle of my op healer enough I might try to check out some end game content.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
You can check out Midnight Company. We've got a few different raid groups running at different times/difficulty levels throughout the week and wound up 4th on Alderaan in Conquest points, for what it's worth. Send a tell to Adderr/Raijin/Kanwolf/Bellaa/Zepertix for more info. I don't have many more specifics, I work evenings so I generally only get to play really early or really late, way after everyone is finished raiding.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I could use an Imp side guild on Shadowlands as well. Starting to get a couple toons up over there now that I have almost 3 55's on Republic side. Truth be told, we need to find a new guild on Republic side as well. Our recruitment is shit, no direction for the guild, guild leader is never, officers don't have access to most of what we need, and to date we've raised a whopping 1.5mil for our guild flagship.... I make more than that a day typically, but I'm not putting shit in that guild bank till I know what it's being used for, especially given lately that our guild chat has turned into lvl 1-30 begging for money, gear, etc chat. We don't have a lot of active 55's, something like 18 or 20 in guild, but really just my group ever doing anything end game.

sukik

You can check out Midnight Company. We've got a few different raid groups running at different times/difficulty levels throughout the week and wound up 4th on Alderaan in Conquest points, for what it's worth. Send a tell to Adderr/Raijin/Kanwolf/Bellaa/Zepertix for more info. I don't have many more specifics, I work evenings so I generally only get to play really early or really late, way after everyone is finished raiding.
I've seen them around, I'll check them out over the weekend. My imp character name is "Swico".

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got moved into a new guild and the same night was already having more fun than I thought possible. Actually got to queue some GSF with a group. Raped faces. Did some old 16 man Nightmare raid. Raped faces and had a blast doing it. I forgot how much better a good guild can make an MMO, been a long time since I've been in one that wasn't fluff.

The conquest stuff, now that I have a reason to do it, is awesome. We're 4th on Corellia last I checked. Something as simple as some basic rewards and a leader board for a planet conquest, and they've magically tapped into the addiction center of my brain. Stayed up till 4 am last night doing conquest objectives.

moontayle

Golden Squire
BW fucked up with this last one though. Currently the Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, Black Talon, and Esseles flashpoint conquest objectives are repeateable, and the bonus boss objective for those FPs in HM is repeatable as well. If, like my guild, you're trying to conquer Ilum, the first two are 3k points for the FP and 3k for the Bonus. 6k per toon, 24k if the group if full of guildies. Ilum takes 20 minutes. So basically we've been chain running FPs but even still we're neck and neck with other guild that's also been chain running FPs. But they have more overnight people and have pulled ahead.

Now we find out that it's not intended to be chain run. They're supposed to be one time only.

Fix coming tomorrow, which basically means if we're not within a reasonable distance of them when the servers go down, we're going to have a really hard time catching up.

Suuuuuuuuck.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ug, yeah, that blows. We are neck and neck with a guild and keep alternating 4th and 5th, but have been steadily pulling towards overtaking current 3rd. If we keep up the guild sponsored runs on GSF, etc, we may be able to pull off first.

Langemede

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone on Jedi Covenant Republic and in a guild with room for casuals? Helped someone start what appears to be an alt guild, and it sucks being the only person online 90% of the time I'm on.

Qavlae is character name, holla!

moontayle

Golden Squire
I will say this. Conquests have done more to encourage world PvP than anything since the Ilum central area during the Gree event. I've done more killing outside of warzones in the past three days than I have in months. Just defending the Commanders. It's pretty damn awesome.

My guild took on one of the named commanders today on Ilum, at the Imperial Waystation. Had to try three times. First time flagged imps jumped our flagged people and things spun out of control from there. Then the second attempt we tried to stay unflagged (you can pull that one outside of the auto-flagging area) but they started healing it and it was enough to cause the commander to build up his buff to 50 stacks (the max) and start doing too much damage to keep up. Third attempt we broke off a group just to deal with the Imps and ended up downing him and then spending the next half hour killing imps.

Then later my wife and I and a bunch of random pubs just beat back several attempts at taking out the named commander at the main Pub base.

Good stuff.

sukik

I finished chapter 3 of the Agent Story line and it ended as strong as it began. Kinda dabbled with starting Makeb and haven't really decided if I want to do another storyline or try ops/raid route. I'm going to at least go through all the regular group instances once.

Arterial

N00b
The raids are fun, the only ones i didn't care for was Scum and villainy and Karagga's palace, you can do some of them in just over a hour with a good team. Conquest stuff has been fun, the last one was fun on JC one guild ninja one of the conquests at the 11th hour by mass crafting some items just before the event ended to surpass another, it ended up being like 25 million to 22 million, now my guild will most likely be the first to achieve the conquest title on JC
smile.png

sukik

It seems like the quality of of the writing went downhill in Makeb. I'm probably one third to half way through the story and the overall theme is decent, but light/dark choices are kinda lame. It's similar the problem I had playing Shepard as Renegade in ME2/3 in that the light/paragon choices are smart and kind and the dark/renegade options are dumb and evil. It's like my agent went from someone who would murder as a necessity to a psychopath who wants to kick puppies see everyone die. It just feels lazy. Part of the fun in the first three chapters was that the choices were often well thought out and morally ambiguous. Taking the light option wasn't always the right thing and choosing the dark option wasn't always evil.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It seems like the quality of of the writing went downhill in Makeb. I'm probably one third to half way through the story and the overall theme is decent, but light/dark choices are kinda lame. It's similar the problem I had playing Shepard as Renegade in ME2/3 in that the light/paragon choices are smart and kind and the dark/renegade options are dumb and evil. It's like my agent went from someone who would murder as a necessity to a psychopath who wants to kick puppies see everyone die. It just feels lazy. Part of the fun in the first three chapters was that the choices were often well thought out and morally ambiguous. Taking the light option wasn't always the right thing and choosing the dark option wasn't always evil.
The problem with Makeb was it was merely an extension of the Imperial or Republic storyline, not of the individual class storyline. Made it much less satisfying, even if the overall story wasn't that terrible. The second they actually extend the class storyline I'll resub in a heartbeat.

Arterial

N00b
The problem with Makeb was it was merely an extension of the Imperial or Republic storyline, not of the individual class storyline. Made it much less satisfying, even if the overall story wasn't that terrible. The second they actually extend the class storyline I'll resub in a heartbeat.
they pretty much said that wasn't going to happen, costs too much moolah

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think the ultimate problem with Makeb is that the Hutts just aren't that interesting of an enemy. Plus the scope seemed limited. I would have preferred more than just a single planet being threatened. Plus the story quickly shifted away from them and back to the Dread Masters. Almost seems like a waste really.

Finished off Forged Alliances on Tuesday. I guess I would like to see what the focus on the next expansion is going to be before I jump to any conclusions but the Legacy of the Rakata flashpoint was lazy design at its finest. All the boss fights are tank and spank with like one additional mechanic thrown in for good measure, there's a lot of running from trash to trash with gobs of open space in between. There's no real "story" to the planet, it's just where you go next and happens to be the home of the Rakata. Big whoop, the society has devolved into tribal state. Yeah, overall it the visuals are pretty fucking great but from a gameplay standpoint it's just bad. It's like they blew their "interesting flashpoint" wad on Manaan (which is an awesome flashpoint). The ending of FA is... odd. It just seems off to me. It's the lead in to the next expansion but we're months away from that so basically, there's nothing left to do until then.

With there literally being nothing new for a while I think now is a good time to jump in if you want to "catch up". If you're caught up, like me, then hey, may I suggest Archeage?

Arterial

N00b
All of the tactical flashpoints are pretty much tank and spank, manaan was the first one I wasn't able to solo the second boss gave me a bit of trouble, KDY/Czerka/Tython are all easy to solo on an op, the 2nd boss on the korriban FP can be a bit of a pain. They need a HM version that is a bit harder like LI was and have it drop 180's and elite com's.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Rakata wasmoretank and spank than any of the others. For two of the fights I literally stood in one spot and didn't move the entire time. At least the other Tacticals still require a bit of thought for the bosses.

Arterial

N00b
Yeah you are right, it played more like a 4M heroic than a FP, but I will say it had some nice art. Hopefully that team was too busy making a new operation its been almost a year now which is totally unacceptablefor today's market

sukik

Is Story mode like LFR in WoW? Something I can herpderp with randoms to see the encounters/storylines? Or is it something I should watch videos for and read strats before I go try to do them. I think I've figured out how I should gear my character for atleast hardmode fp's.

I did a pass through all the daily zones to check them out.
  • Ilum is cool but I don't think I'll go back for anything but to explore.
  • Black Hole/Section X were ok, clearly designed as a way to get quick currency.
  • Makeb was, like someone said earlier the Hutt's just don't make good central villains. On the peripheral they're ok, but they're just too silly if they're in the lime light. It was hard to suspend belief that I would wait for some one ton slug to slowly slowly slide over to his super duper power suit for the big bad boss fight. It was comical.
  • Oricron was cool. The zone is cool looking, the mini story was fun and compared to the derpfest of Makeb there were a few fights that were mildy challenge. Meaning I had to replace my companions level 50 gear and use interrupt during the fights.
  • I even tried the PvE starfighter for about an hour last night. I've skipped it up until this point but thought I'd at least try it. On rails but it's actually kinda fun for a short time. Easy to sit back Al Bundy style and feel like a space combat god with little effort. My pride wants to tell me that all that time I spent playing X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Wing Commander games as a kid made me so good that it's trivial, but actually it's just really easy.

I still have CZ-198, GSI stuff, the level 55 FPs and Ops stuff left to try.