TERA

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Which attack is that?
Arcane Barrage. It is reset by Replenishment. On top of its insane damage is the fact you can detonate the orb behind the target to get back crits from any position making it even more op. Funny thing is that the ability was already nerfed a bit in the last patch and it is still absurdly powerful.

The nice thing is that they do seem to be going back and buffing up the old classes to at leeast somewhat keep pace. Zerker and warrior just got some massive buffs, and Sorcerer and Lancer got some major buffs in K-Tera and should be coming over here at some point.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm. Might have to give this game another look...
Seems to be doing well. They opened a new server when it went FTP and the servers seem to be packed quite a bit. I'm enjoying myself good combat. I always liked barrens chat and each server has a global barrens chat, so I'm generally laughing quite a bit as I play.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ended up downloading this the other day and rolling on the roleplay server... so far I am disappoint with the maturity level and whatnot on a "roleplay" server but eh, maybe it's better than the regular servers, I dunno. Rolled a warrior, been fun so far, ran the first dungeon last night with a lancer and one other warrior. Not sure if i'll be able to stick with the game past the first month but even if I don't it's hard to complain about a month of entertainment for $15.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
It's a free game? What the heck did you spend 15 dollars on?

I have a set of healers that I used to play a shit ton before I formatted my computer. I really enjoyed the healing class in general but TERA is fun for surenfor a free game.

Did they change something in the past month?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was thinking of giving this a try with some friends.

Whats a good healer class to play? How do they play in a combat system like Tera?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Priest is the "pure" healer class and Mystic is a hybrid. With Priest almost every spell you get consists of some type or variation of single target heal/group heal/regen and all you really do is spam them and buff your group, dispel hostile debuffs, and debuff bosses. You get a couple of single target nukes, a single target sleep/cc ability, and I think a small melee AoE and maybe a DoT. They'll get you through solo leveling easily but in groups and PvP all you're really going to be doing is running around mashing your heal keys with the occasional rez and AoE mana replenishment thrown in.

I haven't had much experience with a Mystic but one of their primary heals consists of dropping health and mana globes that people have to run over to and pick up. I think they get a couple other different heals later on that work pretty good but have longer CD's than priest. They get a pet and they can do more damage.

The Tera community has always bitched about Priest vs. Mystic and how good their heals are compared to each other, but I've always found Priest far and away the best pure healer that's practically idiot proof while Mystic takes a bit of finesse. Before I took a break most groups preferred Priest over Mystic too, but to be honest with the addition of the laser tits class shit tends to die so fast heals are hardly needed with most instances till possibly end game.

Mystic definitely seems to be more battle fun, but Priest can carry a group of retards while masturbating most of the time.

Edit: The Regens mark the ground with an AoE and everyone in them gets healed, while the group and other heals requires you to "activate" the spell by using it, using your mouse to highlight the other players running around (once you mouse over them they get "locked in" until they run out of range), and then you press the skill again to cast the heal that hits everyone locked in. You'll have to do this entire process each time you cast the ability. I think you can heal everyone but one or two with this spell so it's not a true group heal, but with it being spammable and the large amount it heals for you'll be able to switch people in and out fast enough. It's really strange at first to get used to and the only issue I have with it is that every now and then you'll get a low hp class that stands in front of a boss and stacks on top of the tank making it really hard to target one or both of them, but this usually only happens in really bad PUGs and by end game is mostly non-existent.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
last time i played seriously (long before the reaper class), skilled groups prefered mystic over priest due to the increase dmg output for the group (think to remember they had some increased power group buff, while priest had not). Also generally speaking considering the absence of white dmg, and the fact that even in a group dungeon you can avoid most of the dmg (there are some inescapable aoe in certain event), if the group is skilled enuff the healing output of the priest isnt really needed, so the more dps the better.

Now i have no clue if things changed, i come back every once in a while to check new classes and thats it

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I fired this up again and started over. They changed the leveling curve immensely. While taking it kinda slow I hit 25 in like 3 hours without paying for the elite membership. Combat is still fun and now that the leveling curve doesn't suck maybe I will get to max. Why the fuck are certain classes female only? Boo on fanservice boob physics bullshit
frown.png

I love this game, I recently cleared everything with my old warrior dps and as a tank, and with a lancer tank. Game is fun, the content is fun, but it runs out very fast =-( I tried clearing everything a third time as a healer and burned out. Waiting for the next patch to get bored again, but the game is solid for the ride it gives.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Mystic can solo bams and it's one of the safest classes to do it with since you can just Thrall tank it and sit back, but it's going to be slow 40+. Avatar weapons and the really common drop rate of relic pieces trivializes a majority of the game, tbh. But yeah, you shouldn't have a problem at all.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I was doing great up to 49 on my warrior (where I am now) but now the lvl 45-46 BAMs in the area i'm in are kicking my ass. Even if I go in to each fight with 3 charms + the elite daily pot with 12% damage bonus and whatnot it's 50/50 if i'm coming out alive or not. I'm in Arachnea or something. I'm probably going to grind out lvl 50 and the rest of the lvl 50 relic pieces I need but i'm kind of sad because I usually end up too high of a lvl to do the story quests in the dungeons through dungeon finder by the time I get to them (had to skip 4-6 whole sets of quests to be able to use dungeon finder on the last dungeon because I was half a lvl away from not being able to queue).