Terminator Genisys (2015)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The entire setting was screwed up and made little sense. You had little kids killing terminators for fuck's sake. As if they had been around for so long that they were broken down junk that was easily dispatched. Yes, it was supposed to be leading up to the point where Skynet was suddenly able to mass-produce them and turn the tide. But Skynet seemed to have few resources at this point for some nonsensical reason. What's the fun in that? The movie was basically stuck in the middle between two interesting events - Judgement Day, and all out war vs armies of Terminators.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I agree they could of done way more with the franchise than what they did, but for the most part I still enjoy all the movies.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You have to remember, the future you saw in T1 was 11 years LATER than the future we saw in T4, which is plenty of time for all the nice hardware and vehicles humans had to be destroyed, and for humans to be in a worse situation such that they were hiding (literally) underground and shit. You assume that every military vehicle and weapon would be destroyed in a limited (I say limited because if *all* nukes were launched the planet wouldn't harbor life, and the sky would be full of debris) nuclear war, yet you must be forgetting the large amount of national guard armories we have - Washington state ALONE has 21. And that's assuming that's all we have because all bases and storage facilities are hit.
I understand that TS scenario is plausible but like in star wars, the technology looked like it downgraded through time, which is quite odd.i know it's the problem of making prequels decades after the original movie(s) due to better technology and special effects techniques but in TS ,sam worthington looked like a better, more advanced infiltration unit than arnie in T1 ,imo.
But the most important thing is that since T1, we all wanted to see a terminator movie in the future, with the war that kyle pictured it. That is why TS was a big disappointment (among other things).

I think now it's too late to make a prequel before arnie and kyle are sent back to 1984.for me that would be the most interesting story because you would see the war scenario we all wanted to see, watching kyle growing up, t-800 being made and perfected, john connor becoming a leader and ,like kyle said, they (humans) won so there is nothing more to tell after that.
Why is too late? Michael biehn is too old to be kyle reese again (for me he's the only kyle that matters), arnie is too old to play T-800 for the 4th time (that TS cgi attempt was laughable) and cameron is already fed up with terminator (the only capable director to make anything good out of this saga).
In my mind, i think it would have been better that T2 was the movie in the future and not the same time travel routine from T1.

j00t

there was a throwaway line in TS that mentioned something about the timelines already being altered in that skynet had energy weapons almost 15 years early because of all the time traveling. while you're watching the movie it never really clicked but I think that's why marcus was functionally a much better terminator.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Its been a few years since I saw Salvation but wasn't Sam Worthington a human who was turned into a cyborg? The T-800 is full on robot with human skin. they didn't make more of the cyborg terminators because he broke the conditioning and became a liability. Arnold was reprogrammed by Conner.

Goatface

his brain and organs were put into a terminator endoskeleton, referred to as Hybrid/T-H

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
You have to remember, the future you saw in T1 was 11 years LATER than the future we saw in T4, which is plenty of time for all the nice hardware and vehicles humans had to be destroyed, and for humans to be in a worse situation such that they were hiding (literally) underground and shit. You assume that every military vehicle and weapon would be destroyed in a limited (I say limited because if *all* nukes were launched the planet wouldn't harbor life, and the sky would be full of debris) nuclear war, yet you must be forgetting the large amount of national guard armories we have - Washington state ALONE has 21. And that's assuming that's all we have because all bases and storage facilities are hit.
Actually you've got a good point there. The time between the 2 future periods shown could allow for a big change of the combat strengths, and the gear wasn't all modern stuff even from our perspective. They were getting around in Vietnam era Hueys and even the A10 is quite an old plane for us. So likely the stuff was the remains of what was left over after the prime stuff got eliminated.

And there is a line in Terminator ( the first one) where Kyle talks about the future after the nuclear strike not going well for human's along the lines of: "We were this close to going under for good" which is a reference to many things, and could also be talking about the years of war after judgment day going from poor to near critical.

I think this explains better what I wanted:

. . . But the most important thing is that since T1, we all wanted to see a terminator movie in the future, with the war that kyle pictured it. . .

OneofOne

That really is the crux of the issue for most of us. Here is this incredible storyline/IP, and they are just doing jack and shit with it. Both T3 and T4 were just a waste of what could of been (even though I did like T4, it was kinda like, well that was nice, but didn't move the story forward). Even T2, which I loved as a kid, I saw again recently, and I was kinda bored /shrug TSCC did far more for the IP than T3 and T4 did, together. And that's with a handful of really shitty episodes.

Who knows, maybe with this reboot they are going to do it all the way it should have been - but frankly I LIKED Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn in the roles they had, so these new actors really better step up.

Brad2770

There is a prequel book for Salvation. It sets the movie up well. I actually enjoyed the book more than the movie. It also explains that the A-10's could take a beating and were easy to patch, though they didn't have many left.

j00t

A-10s are the best planes ever created... I've seen them fly home and land unhindered while missing 3/4 of a wing. The pilot got out and said "huh... Felt a little sluggish..." I've also seen them beat f-22s in a dogfight simply because their cruising speed is so low. That can outmaneuver all the new high tech jets

j00t

If an f 22 flew as slow as an a10, it would stall. They are also fly by wire whereas all the other big name jets are controlled through a computer. A ding in the wrong place can knock out the controls. But in an a10 you'd have to actually sever the stick from the wings. A10s are beasts. It was supposed to be retired like 30 years ago but they can't build anything to replace it

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
As someone with a rocket scientist degree gathering dust, I agree that the A-10 is the single greatest airplane ever created. My college senior group project was designing a plane to replace it, actually. If the machine apocalypse does come, I guarantee A-10s will be one of the last planes standing.

However, I wanted to clarify that you mixed up your wording a bit there. Fly-by-wire IS computer control. Mechanical control is what you were looking for.

And to contribute something actually about this movie...I'm not very optimistic at all. T3 and Salvation were bad enough, but this might be the final death knell for the franchise if it ends up really sucking. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be awesome, but a reboot? Really? I'm preparing for the worst.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
+1 about the A-10 beasts. Check out this link for the most recent on to take on significant damage and remain flyable under mechanical control to return to base.

Story about Battle Damaged A-10

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

j00t

He was pretty good in jack reacher. And while die hard was a joke, I didn't think he was that bad in it. And again... Don't hate on Varro