The "Am I stupid AF for wanting a motorcycle" thread.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, 3 wheelers should have the 2 wheels in the front. They're so much more dangerous if they're in the back.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'd love to try one of these bad boys. I bet they're a blast to ride.
I'm sure they would be for you. Just like cocks.

OP, if you do get a bike, remember one very important rule: never wave back to homos on trikes. Or scooters. They need to know their place in the world.

Szlia

From a risk perspective, how come bicycles don't have the same terrible reputation as motorcycles? Is it only because it's harder to kill yourself on bicycles and that you mostly drive them in places where others are less likely to drive at speeds that will kill you?

PS: And what does AF stand for?

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I'd be curious to see some actual statistical information on deaths per driven mile on motorcycles vs. cars, if just for curiosity. Here we go:Motorcycle safety - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's actually not nearly as bad as I would have thought it was. Not surprisingly it drops off quite a bit for riders who are 40+. Those statistics are also from the US, where there's a pretty significant minority of idiots who ride without helmets. That would certainly impact the statistics. In any case, yes there is risk in everything, but there's different levels of risk. Riding a motorcycle is a little over an order of magnitude more dangerous than driving a car. From my perspective, that's actually not that bad. But I also heli/cat/backcountry ski, downhill mountain bike, and run down the middle of the fairway with a 1 iron during a thunderstorm (If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a... - Lee Trevino at BrainyQuote).
God damn, I had no idea the statistics were that far in favor of cars. I knew bikes were more risky, but not to that degree.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I figured picturing a trike would catch some shit. That's cool, I still want one, and I'd be very surprised if someone called me a homo to my face for riding one. Always a first for everything though, I guess.

I drove a buddy's VW conversion trike down the main drag of Abilene, KS about 20 years ago, and it was so damn fun.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
From a risk perspective, how come bicycles don't have the same terrible reputation as motorcycles? Is it only because it's harder to kill yourself on bicycles and that you mostly drive them in places where others are less likely to drive at speeds that will kill you?

PS: And what does AF stand for?
Bicycles don't go 0 - 60 in 2 seconds. Bicycles don't usually split lanes between cars, as they stay to the right. Bikes are just easier to avoid, since they are usually in the same place. Motorcycles tend to be "within" the traffic, I guess.

AF - "as fuck" I think.

Don't buy a bike. You could be William Harley, Arthur Davidson or Evil Kenevil but that doesn't prevent a texter, coffee sipper, drunkard, teen, old guy or anyone else from slightly bumping you and ruining/changing your life.

A bump on a bike puts your head on the ground.

That's cool, I still want one, and I'd be very surprised if someone called me a homo to my face for riding one. Always a first for everything though, I guess.
I like to think you're also a big guy like me (6'3 245). Nobody can tell us shit about our choices. Ill drink a fucking Mikes Hard Lemonade from a purple coozy in a thong if i want to.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I figured picturing a trike would catch some shit. That's cool, I still want one, and I'd be very surprised if someone called me a homo to my face for riding one. Always a first for everything though, I guess.

I drove a buddy's VW conversion trike down the main drag of Abilene, KS about 20 years ago, and it was so damn fun.
I like to think you're also a big guy like me (6'3 245). Nobody can tell us shit about our choices. Ill drink a fucking Mikes Hard Lemonade from a purple coozy in a thong if i want to.
If you're fine with everyone who sees you calling you a homo that's fine. Really trikes are for 3 year olds and old men who can't handle a bike anymore.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
If you're fine with everyone who sees you calling you a homo that's fine. Really trikes are for 3 year olds and old men who can't handle a bike anymore.
What the fuck do I care what people say about me? That's on them.

Plus, I'm old, get off my damn lawn.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider

I don't seriously give a shit, I just like to make fun of them and those who drive them. I guess I just don't see the fucking point for an able bodied person to drive one. And if you're not able bodied enough to ride a motorcycle, then you probably shouldn't be riding a half-assed motorcycle. Get a convertible and call it a day.

But to each their own!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't seriously give a shit, I just like to make fun of them and those who drive them. I guess I just don't see the fucking point for an able bodied person to drive one. And if you're not able bodied enough to ride a motorcycle, then you probably shouldn't be riding a half-assed motorcycle. Get a convertible and call it a day.
EnamsHP.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
God I hate jeeps. You can't fucking talk or listen to the radio or anything. It's just hours of hearing the wind whip around the bars. Fuck Jeeps.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Haven't you posted pics of yourself before in the beer thread? There's no way you're 245.

Haven't you posted pics of yourself before in the beer thread? There's no way you're 245.
I got so fat
frown.png

And funnier is that you're referencing the thread associated with the reason why i fattened up.

But to tell you the truth i started taking a med called Citalopram for anxiety and i put on 45 lbs.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I started typing up a long post about my story, but I will just keep it short and sweet. This isn't to sway you one way or the other, but at least give some perspective.

I used to ride but was in a motorcycle accident that left me paralyzed from the chest down. I loved riding, the freedom I felt when I was out riding was like nothing else. Unfortunately it changed my life forever, for the worse, but I still loved it. However, much to the chagrin of my wife and family if I was miraculously healed and got up and started walking tomorrow, I would undoubtedly ride again.

Take it for what you will. Riding is amazing, but no matter how good you are it comes with risks.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Damn. Perspective can be a mother fucker.

I find it interesting that you'd ride again. I could drop dead tomorrow from the awful shit I've done to my body (unfortunately not kidding in the least), but I'm afraid I'd do the same stupid bullshit again if I had the chance. Humans are fucked up creatures.