Darkhorse Plead the 5th Imperial Stout
Darkhorse Reserve Black IPA
Heathen Bourbon Barrel Aged Epitaph
Lord Hobo Steal this Can IPA
No-Li Big & Juicy
Stormbreaker Triple Double IPA
Three Magnets Little Juice
Toppling Goliath Rover Truck Stout

The Darkhorse Crooked Tree is decent but not something I will order again. I like the Lord Hobo but again probably not something I would order again. Going to age the Epitaph for a bit and see how that turns out. The bottle shop I go to got their bi weekly Pliny shipment in so I picked up a bottle for football. The beer fridge is full #firstworldproblems

Akeema

Trakanon Raider
How is Tavour?

I am really liking it. It's free to sign up. You will have access to the beers they have available at that moment. Every day you get 1 to 2 notifications on new beer available. I've seen everything from Strong Ales to Sours to IPA's. You pick what you want and then it gets shipped to your door. It's $15 shipping no matter how much you order. The one complaint I've seen is that there is no menu list so you have wait for the notifications to see what new beers they are offering. To me it's been a great way to find beer I wouldn't normally be able to get (PsuedoSue) and to try new things. Some have been good and then there has been some that has been meh. I would say check it out, there is no risk because there is no monthly fee and you don't have to order anything if you don't want to. Prices seem pretty reasonable as well. Overall I am very happy with it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
The double barrel baptist was better than the hype around it. I'm sad I didn't get more than two of them.

Had it on tap yesterday, confirmed delicious. Wonder if I can still find any on a neglected shelf...

EDIT: Yes. Yes I can, and did.

Last edited:

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm know there's a number of Texas bros on the board. What is your take on Karbach now that they sold to InBev? Torches & pitchforks? Still drink it like before? Drink less of it?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Do we have any Florida beer bros? Especially down by Miami. I know we had one person who was El Catador, but hoping someone closer to J Wakefield.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Do we have any Florida beer bros? Especially down by Miami. I know we had one person who was El Catador, but hoping someone closer to J Wakefield.
I'm actually vacationing on the other side of FLA from Miami right now and contemplating a drive up to Cigar City... I might just see what's going on around Ft. Myers instead though. There's a rum distillery and what looks to be a few breweries in the area, so I think I'm gonna sit close.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I will be down there in a few weeks, but my girlfriends all time favorite beer is being released again in a week or two and I will certainly miss out on the release. Was hoping for proxy or trade.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Alex Alex , let me know what you are planning on hitting up for beer week. I am sure the wife and I would love to make it out to a couple. I may drag my cousin out with us as well if he can make the time.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just got back home from being overseas for the past week. I'll check out the finalized itinerary this weekend and let you know.

kudos

<Banned>
I'm actually vacationing on the other side of FLA from Miami right now and contemplating a drive up to Cigar City... I might just see what's going on around Ft. Myers instead though. There's a rum distillery and what looks to be a few breweries in the area, so I think I'm gonna sit close.

Don't bother with Cigar City. They haven't been that special for a few years. There is better beer on store shelves now and way better local Tampa breweries to spend your money on (Angry Chair and Coppertail come to mind immediately).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Don't bother with Cigar City. They haven't been that special for a few years. There is better beer on store shelves now and way better local Tampa breweries to spend your money on (Angry Chair and Coppertail come to mind immediately).
God damn it you should have posted that weeks ago. I did catch onto Coppertail though.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Was pretty good. After the initial swallow I thought it was going to end up being just a little too sweet but by the end that impression melted away and it turned out fairly well balanced. I didn't pick up any maple flavor though, just the vanilla and cinnamon.

15877295_1838474026396141_6591663833054445568_n.jpg

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Wicked weed is great, haven't had that one but if you get a chance to grab any of their angel series I'd go for it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

I've tried about a dozen different Wicked Weed brews. I've yet to have a bad one and several have been glorious. I haven't seen any of their angel series around here yet though. I live on the opposite end of the state from their brewery and I don't think they have a very large distribution range as of yet.

Last edited:

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
If you have time for a tasting & tour in a micro brewery, don't pass on it. Something about the fresh brewed beer, before setting in containers, will spoil you.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So I flew down to Miami this weekend and went to Wakefest. Won a bottle in the raffle and sold it before I even left Miami for $1000... sometimes craft beer is ridiculous

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Nice, Wicked Weed will be at the Firestone Walker Invitational. I'll have to check them out.

They're best known for their sours, which are actually balanced and not just tongue encaving sour, so I would definitely hit up that Golden Angel. But I have liked everything of theirs I've tried. Even their IPA's and I'm not typically an IPA lover.