The Best and Worst States in the Union: Many Metrics

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, it looks like WV and Maryland are tied for shittiest states. California seems to get the top vote if you avoid most of the populace. I haven't heard any awesome Texas stories? ,I personally like NC but it is based on never seeing about half of the states. Mainly the eastern half but haven't been east past NY or to Minnesota. Seen Texas and Ok.

Edit- So, Iannis says I need to get past NY or go west, lol. Heard and understood.
If not for the people, California is just absolutely amazing. I might say the same thing about Utah, too (not sure how anyone deals with their winters though). But California is just gorgeous. Fucking everywhere. And it's super diverse.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
At least you're not Virginia

I was raised there so maybe that's why my standards are so low lol.

Gravel, I hope to visit there sometime soon. My wife fears flying so it really has limited me some. I keep trying Hannibal tactics to no avail.

iannis

Musty Nester
So, it looks like WV and Maryland are tied for shittiest states. California seems to get the top vote if you avoid most of the populace. I haven't heard any awesome Texas stories? ,I personally like NC but it is based on never seeing about half of the states. Mainly the eastern half but haven't been east past NY or to Minnesota. Seen Texas and Ok.

Edit- So, Iannis says I need to get past NY or go west, lol. Heard and understood.

lol.

NC is a sleepy state. My concern with the trend of southward migration (I very well understand wanting to get away from NE winters) is that it drives inflation within the state and it drives unregulated development.

We have a town, a satellite of raleigh. Cary, North Carolina. When I was a kid cary was an affluent but spacious part of raleigh (technically a different municipal government, and cary government has always been pretentious). There were still lots of farm fields out there. They didn't get planted, but they were out there. Cary was a very pretty town. Cary has turned into one giant strip mall. It's "Condo - strip mall - condo - strip mall - condo -- strip mall". It's like SimCity gone completely wrong.

So. Avoid cary. Avoid North Raleigh, it's even worse than Cary. Development is pushing mostly west and some south. North was last generation. The problem with going east is that the land is no good. That's why all the black people live over there. Shit floods.

If it were me and I was looking at central NC, I'd look at something south of Garner (the southern satellite of Raleigh). Or I'd go west of Durham. Burlington is actually a very nice area.

If I was looking at western NC I'd go to appalachia proper. I wouldn't be looking at eastern NC. Nothing over there but Obama's, Baptists, and Despair.

I guess Charlotte is OK too. I've spent very little time in Charlotte. It seems a lot like Raleigh.

• 1Like

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
As I see it, all demographics has an effect and can change your perseption of "Bad & Great" in all states.

Unless you've been a minority in a community, you could never understand what bad really is.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
What about Lake Norman? Is it sufficiently far away from Charlotte, NC to avoid chimpout collateral damage, crime, and falling property values?

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was raised there so maybe that's why my standards are so low lol.

Gravel, I hope to visit there sometime soon. My wife fears flying so it really has limited me some. I keep trying Hannibal tactics to no avail.

Does your wife fear it or flat out refuse to do it?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't even know what stats you guys are using.

2uhbuq1.png

North Dakota shouldn't even count. It's nothing but Scandinavians and Indians and those two groups drink like fish. Wisconsin is a mega drinking state and we have shit you can do like drunk swimming, drunk ice fishing, and drunk cow tipping.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
That will be one high school we try for. She will have a disadvantage because they have monority quotas now and she's half Asian.
What about tranny whateverism? She could identify as a female-to-female tranny between 7am and 4pm.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Does your wife fear it or flat out refuse to do it?

Both. She wants it by boat, rail, or car. I will see Hawaii in the next few years so she has to decide her next step. I'm not driving, then going by boat when I can get there so much quicker by plane.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
SF is fucking amazing.

Wife finally talked me into taking the ferry over to SF after 5 years of living nearby. It was sort of neat but with every little waft of air the smell of human shit would crawl up my nose. Even in tourist areas. Only reprieve was getting out near the water.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Both. She wants it by boat, rail, or car. I will see Hawaii in the next few years so she has to decide her next step. I'm not driving, then going by boat when I can get there so much quicker by plane.
Yeah, as someone who likes to travel, that would drive me insane. Maybe some therapy would help! Sucks to limit yourself over an irrational fear.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wife finally talked me into taking the ferry over to SF after 5 years of living nearby. It was sort of neat but with every little waft of air the smell of human shit would crawl up my nose. Even in tourist areas. Only reprieve was getting out near the water.

Everyone who says this visits the same 10% of the city. The Tenderloin is a mess. I'm used to it now, but it's crazy how lax and rampant the open-air drug market is there. People shooting up on the sidewalk at like 1:30pm. And this is right next to places like the Orpheum Theater where people spend hundreds of dollars to see plays and shit.

The north side of the city is really pleasant across the board. Except for the Marina for the douche factor.