The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the $50 bonus is on the trade page. they require the system, controller, power cable, HDMI cable, and controller cable (charge) to trade in, don't need the headset jack or box. they do turn on the system and try it, I would recommend first deactivating it under Playstation Network and then reinitializing the system so its empty and creating a fake User1 local account (dont link to PSN) so it can install a game from disc and run it, thats usually what they do.

if you don't deactivate the system and just reinitialize it you have to deactivate ALL ps4 systems from your PSN account on the web, and you are unable to do it again for six months.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The external hard drive support is huge. I swapped out the drive in my Pro last month to a 2tb and it's still not big enough.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This patch sounds amazing. Purchase redeemed!

Also, I tried trading my launch ps4 in at my local gamestop before the Pro came out when their website was offering $150 for it. Put my stock HD back in, reset the entire thing. Manager barely looks at it, tells me best he can do is $100.

I'm like, hey your website says $150, he says some bullshit about having to send every unit they get in for refurbishment.

Walked out, sold PS4 to Amazon. Fuck Gamestop and their dumb fuck managers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The external hard drive support is huge. I swapped out the drive in my Pro last month to a 2tb and it's still not big enough.
Really? I am having a hard time caring. I keep a good amount of games on my system and have only had to delete some after 6 months of not playing.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
While external HDD support is nice, I am still upset that Sony crippled the SATA 3 speeds for no apparent reason. 5400 rpm HDD vs 7200 vs SSD is all just throwing money away.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Did the trade in for a Pro. FFS console online networks need to get their shit together. 3MB/s max download PSN? Really? Not to mention the speeds just random drop to nothing requiring a pause/restart.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Traded in my PS4 for a Pro this weekend(Thanks spronk spronk and @Vorph). Really impressed with the HDR in Uncharted 4. I wish they would patch Bloodborne for the Pro, though.

Fedor

<Banned>

[Video] Digital Foundry presents: More PS4 Pro Boost Mode Tests: Bloodborne, Witcher 3 + Community Requests! • /r/PS4

Bloodborne

Frame pacing still exists just as juddery as before. Stable 30fps framerate, 1-2 fps drops solved. Couldn't test Chalice Dungeons as wasn't going to play through the game again to reach them. 1 second faster load time.

Darks Souls 3

Frame pacing problems still exist but better than before. Only way to solve frame pacing issues is play it on PC. 1-2 fps framerate drops fixed and now stable 30fps. Loading no improvement.

Dark Souls 2

Framerate drops to as low as 49fps solved. Mainly 60fps now (dropped 1 frame in the test). The gains boost mode gives they think work best on this game.

Lords Of The Fallen

Mostly fixes issues. Still drops below 30fps a few times.

The Evil Within

Boost mode improves the framerates but still has problems. Dropping to 23fps sometimes but better than standard PS4 and problems resolved quicker.

Until Dawn

Given a small boost but still drops below 30fps a lot. The uncapped framerate creating a lot of judder. Game never feels very smooth and would benefit from a 30fps cap.

Oddworld New n' Tasty

Boost mode gives you an extra average 10fps. Can't reach 60fps but much smoother.

The Witcher 3

Some small improvements to make it smoother but still not constant 30fps and mostly the same. Stable 30 through the bog. Up to 10 second faster load times.

Arkham Knight

Has no screen tearing and stable 30fps. Looks and plays better than before.

kudos

<Banned>
Alright, I just bought a PS4 Uncharted bundle and got The Witcher 3, MGS5, and Elder Scrolls MMO (I enjoy the single player aspect of it).

Tell me what games are absolutely worth buying. I'm thinking of Nioh and XCOM2 so far. I prefer games that aren't new releases though but if there are great ones add them too.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Cant recommend nioh enough. game is amazing. Bloudbourne is a must buy as well

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point is there even a point to getting an xbox, even if every one of you stupid fucking friends own one? I look at exclusives for both consoles and its not even close.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If you only play single player games, then no?

We have our Day One and a One S, and will get the Scorpio when it's released, but mostly am just playing Madden with friends and some of the Games with Gold and 360 games. Most of my gaming is on PC, will revisit the PS4 library if the PS5 is backward compatible.

If EA adopted some form of Play Anywhere and I could get all their console titles on Origin or the Windows store I probably wouldn't own a console.