The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Oh there's no PS4 remote play service? Hmm guess I was way confused. That sucks.

Maybe some janky HDMI over CAT5e to my monitor in the office which would be in range of the bluetooth for the dual shock.
You can remote play an actual ps4 but no, there's no service that lets you stream ps4 games.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You can remote play an actual ps4 but no, there's no service that lets you stream ps4 games.

Right, I mean an actual PS4 that is sitting in the room right below me. To one of my 27" monitors here in my office. Id' google but this is more fun.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
5400RPM?!?! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

That's the speed of the hdd in the PS4s too. Putting a faster hdd or ssd barely makes any difference. Slightly with loading times on an ssd. The regular PS4 uses a sata 2 interface. The pro version uses sata 3 but it's crippled.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That's the speed of the hdd in the PS4s too. Putting a faster hdd or ssd barely makes any difference. Slightly with loading times on an ssd. The regular PS4 uses a sata 2 interface. The pro version uses sata 3 but it's crippled.
I was just making a Sean joke.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Right, I mean an actual PS4 that is sitting in the room right below me. To one of my 27" monitors here in my office. Id' google but this is more fun.
You can download some playstation remote play program for pc on the ps store site. You just plug DS4 in via usb and load it up. It was good enough for playing world of final fantasy on it, but had occasional slowdown

Edit: PS4 Remote Play Windows® PC / Mac
What he said.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Incredible difference in load times with my SSD for all games. Battlefield 1, GTA online, witcher 3. Its easily 4x quicker.

Could be my new SSD though.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got two friends to get a PS4 with me, even if it was just 1 I'd still get it over the xbox. MS really shitting up their xbox ecosystem by not realizing nobody gives a shit about hardware, it's all about games.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So after not having a console since the PS2, I ponied up for a PS4 just because the PS has some exclusives I've been really wanting to play.

I am again, a console gaming shitlord (partly) but must keep my secret from my PC Master Race brethren. The Steam Gestapo may come into my basement dwelling at any time so, somehow, I must persevere in these dangerous times. Lest I be thrown into the Console Ghetto with the plebs.

That being said, the remote-in feature on the PS4 is fucking cool.

spronk

FPS noob
best buy $25 off $100 promo is back again, stacks with GCU. Order must be $100 or more, use the VISA CHECKOUT button in the cart to have it apply. Can do multiple orders, works on pre orders. If you have GCU, some good combos:

Mass Effect Deluxe + any game (South Park, Nier Automata, RDR2, whatever) makes it $40 for ME and $40 for the second game
Persona 5 Premium (Collectors) + any $30 game like Yoka Laylee or Dangonropa 1-2
Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors edition + $5 filler drops the former to $80 from $120, still probably not worth it tho
Tekken 7 statue collectors becomes $100
etc etc

You can have any number of orders, I currently have ~20 pre orders for pretty much every big console game and it does work on switch games/accessories but they have to be in stock and every order total has to be over $100, digital goods DO NOT COUNT.

can also buy a 2TB or 4TB drive, the 4TB's for example drop to $85-95+tax
WD - My Passport 4TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
Seagate - Backup Plus Slim 4TB External USB 3.0/2.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
Seagate - Expansion 4TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black

I was sorta tempted on my ps4 pro until I realized I am out of USB ports with DS4, gold bluetooth dongle, and headset charge cable. Could add a USB hub but its just easier to be a man and delete games I am done with instead of virtual hoarding

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
b2g1 free on all ps4/xbone games (NOT switch) the week of march 5th, INCLUDES digital full games too which is pretty good. Could get Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost Wildlands, Nier Automata, or something else for $120+tax

C5TEaw6UkAEO2IS.jpg

Nija

<Silver Donator>
You can download some playstation remote play program for pc on the ps store site. You just plug DS4 in via usb and load it up. It was good enough for playing world of final fantasy on it, but had occasional slowdown

Edit: PS4 Remote Play Windows® PC / Mac
Remote play works WAY better than you expect it to. It's amazing on the PS4Pro, as that will do 1080p remote play, while the PS4 will only do 720p.

It's magic.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I really hate the way the PS4 data management works. I have a 2tb drive but the last 100gigs might as well not exist because the stupid system won't even let me install a 10gig patch if I drop below that threshold. I just had to delete 20gigs of shit when I already had 100gigs free to download the GR Wildlands demo, which is only 22gb in total. It makes no fucking sense.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's trying to tell you to stop being a hoarder.

Seriously though, most file systems want you to leave at least 5% free space at all times or else shit starts to slow down. They need temp space available, can't run the defrag service efficiently, etc.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I posted this in another thread and thought I would try here too:

Has anyone had any issues with their picture going out with a PS4 Pro?

I have my PS4PRO hooked up through a Yamaha Receiver Rx-V581 to a Samsung 6500 4k TV. Its set to 4k RGB in the PS4 Pro settings however at random times my tv will go black for around 1 second; sounds still works. I have tried messing with settings on both the TV and PS4 Pro, new HDMI cables, receiver settings with no luck. Anyone know what the issue or setting maybe? I checked Ytube for different scenarios and none of them have corrected it.

Thank you.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's trying to tell you to stop being a hoarder.

Seriously though, most file systems want you to leave at least 5% free space at all times or else shit starts to slow down. They need temp space available, can't run the defrag service efficiently, etc.

I literally have only games I haven't finished installed, and I still have quite a few more that are waiting for space so that can play them. The system is three years old and the fucking install sizes are ridiculous, patches can't be saved in storage, and it's a huge hassle to want to play something and have to reinstall and reupdate. It's not my fault that consoles still have shit storage. I dunno how people manage with the garbage stock size. External storage can't come soon enough.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I pretty much only buy physical (and rent from Gamefly) and was barely running into problems with the 500GB drive in my old PS4. Doubt I'll ever fill the new one in my Pro.

Definitely agree about the updates though. Reinstalling games was annoying as hell, 90-120 minutes each for a bunch of 10-12GB patches because PSN is so damned slow. Whoever said the Pro's better I/O would fix the download speeds was dead wrong. It's exactly the same as the original PS4, and still only uses like 5% of my bandwidth.

• 1Solidarity