The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I regret my xb1 decision, stupid pleb friends having boners.

WTB 5,400rpm 2TB drive.

Yea, starting to fall into the same mindset - was amped about the backwards compatibility stuff - and then the PIA of it and the realization of how much better having the PS3 hooked up for BC instead is. It's probably getting traded in once the Walking Dead Season 3 thing is done for the woman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

I have an XB1 still for Crackdown 3 and because I know it wouldn't be worth any real amount of trade in.

No idea what that is - but there's been zero exclusives until post-Scorpio that have any remote interest to me - so if I do, I'll just get a damn Scorpio when it's time.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Crackdown 3 is a much delayed game. Sequel to Crackdown 1 and 2.

Unfortunately, given the lack luster exclusives for x1, a delays with CD3 are not going to make it better. GoW4 wasn't good. Halo was a disappointment as well. Thinking of trading it in for Scorpio if it holds any amount of value. Doubt it will though. I'm sensing 100 if even that since most can now get an S New for 249 in sales.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah the trade in right now would be equal to a game I bet.

I have two PS4's though so not like I need it out of the house because it is taking up space or anything.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I was pretty tempted to upgrade to the PS Pro this weekend, but decided to research more before impulse buying. I had almost forgotten those stingy fucks at Sony didn't include 4k UHD players in the console, and decided not to give those assholes any more of my console money. What could that possibly have saved them per console.... Even Xbroners get that in the Xbox One S, and Sony fucking makes the things!

Vaclav

Yeah the trade in right now would be equal to a game I bet.

I have two PS4's though so not like I need it out of the house because it is taking up space or anything.

I got a quote of $160 credit over the weekend I was too lazy to run out for at the time. Not sure if there was a promo besides a 10% extra trade in value promo - website is showing $100 credit for Gamestop ATM. Looking like $108-142 to Amazon for mine if the bundle can count towards trade-in (RoTR bundle, was digital - so I'd imagine not).

So probably closer to 2-3 games, assuming $40 games.

Probably use ours towards making sure we've got Persona 5 and Andromeda paid off for the woman. (Already paid for Torment although that's on my "soon" list as well - maybe Horizon: Zero Dawn - but waiting for reviews on it)

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I got a quote of $160 credit over the weekend I was too lazy to run out for at the time. Not sure if there was a promo besides a 10% extra trade in value promo - website is showing $100 credit for Gamestop ATM. Looking like $108-142 to Amazon for mine if the bundle can count towards trade-in (RoTR bundle, was digital - so I'd imagine not).

So probably closer to 2-3 games, assuming $40 games.
Might be worth it. I really wished I would have take it and one of the PS4's in to combine into a PS4 Pro just because. I have no need for a pro but it wouldn't have hurt.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How is PS Vue or whatever it is called these days? With Yakuza, Nioh, Nier, Horizon all being out / coming out it'd be nice to play in my office upstairs since the PS4 is in the living room on the 65".

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unfortunately, given the lack luster exclusives for x1, a delays with CD3 are not going to make it better. GoW4 wasn't good. Halo was a disappointment as well. Thinking of trading it in for Scorpio if it holds any amount of value. Doubt it will though. I'm sensing 100 if even that since most can now get an S New for 249 in sales.

We as consumers really need Xbox to do well. I think this E3 is make or break. C3 better be amazing and same thing with Sea of Thieves.

I'm waiting for Scorpio but If they got jack shit with gimmicky Kinect/SonyVR stuff I'LL pass.

Vaclav

Might be worth it. I really wished I would have take it and one of the PS4's in to combine into a PS4 Pro just because. I have no need for a pro but it wouldn't have hurt.

Email I got says 40% extra trade-in towards hardware until the 19th if you do the Pro membership thing. So $125+$100 = 225 x 1.4 = 315 (or 300 if you need to buy Pro to qualify) - so would be around $100 ATM doing that. Wouldn't be relevant to us though, since I've got no plans to trade towards hardware anytime soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
We as consumers really need Xbox to do well. I think this E3 is make or break. C3 better be amazing and same thing with Sea of Thieves.

I'm waiting for Scorpio but If they got jack shit with gimmicky Kinect/SonyVR stuff I'LL pass.

Personally I think it's time to just stick a fork in the X1 and put everything they have into Scorpio.

Vaclav

I agree wholeheartedly at least when it comes to branding.

You lost the faith in XB1 too Regime? I really did enjoy mine for a few months there - but BC only did so much - and so many buggy issues and/or waits for stuff to be added to the BC list.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You lost the faith in XB1 too Regime? I really did enjoy mine for a few months there - but BC only did so much - and so many buggy issues and/or waits for stuff to be added to the BC list.

Not quite yet. I mean they have the money if they wanted to actually compete. It pretty much shocks me the dumb decisions they have made. Also for the Sony guys who love to bash, the worse Xbox is, the more pathetic PSPlus games get lol.

I am basically going to pick up a Pro if Scorpio is a bust. I am waiting until June to make my decision.

spronk

FPS noob
How is PS Vue or whatever it is called these days? With Yakuza, Nioh, Nier, Horizon all being out / coming out it'd be nice to play in my office upstairs since the PS4 is in the living room on the 65".

PS Vue is Sony's tv service, it works great and has a decent set of channels. My brother has it instead of regular cable TV, i think the only issue is local network TV (cbs, abc, etc). PS Now is sony's service that lets you play ps3 games streamed on your ps4/TV/vita, no idea how that is but seems kinda expensive to pay $15/mo or whatever for mostly shitty games.

I don't use my xbox one S much but its nice for forza horizon 3 and i'm gonna play red dead redemption on it someday before RDR2. i don't have much faith in microsoft not making a convoluted, "wtf are they talking about" scorpio announcement at E3

ps4 pro is definitely nice, with patch 4.50 bringing in speedups to old games (bloodborne) plus support for external drives the only sucky thing is no UHD drive, but then again i don't really buy movie discs anymore anyways

Vaclav

Not quite yet. I mean they have the money if they wanted to actually compete. It pretty much shocks me the dumb decisions they have made. Also for the Sony guys who love to bash, the worse Xbox is, the more pathetic PSPlus games get lol.

Yea, that has been the one grace - XBG has been quite solid. Reminds me I should make sure I keep it running while we're without the XB1 just in case.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
PS Vue is Sony's tv service, it works great and has a decent set of channels. My brother has it instead of regular cable TV, i think the only issue is local network TV (cbs, abc, etc). PS Now is sony's service that lets you play ps3 games streamed on your ps4/TV/vita, no idea how that is but seems kinda expensive to pay $15/mo or whatever for mostly shitty games.

I don't use my xbox one S much but its nice for forza horizon 3 and i'm gonna play red dead redemption on it someday before RDR2

Oh there's no PS4 remote play service? Hmm guess I was way confused. That sucks.

Maybe some janky HDMI over CAT5e to my monitor in the office which would be in range of the bluetooth for the dual shock.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea, that has been the one grace - XBG has been quite solid. Reminds me I should make sure I keep it running while we're without the XB1 just in case.

Yeah well they have to have amazing BC titles because WTF else do they got? They cancelled every god damn thing. Now Sony isn't a beacon of light either with their exclusives but their AAA's (Uncharted 4) Vs (halo) is no contest. If Halo 5/GoW4 wasn't written by a 5 year Troglodyte with downs, I think Xbox would be selling far better.