The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
Are there are any current deals on PS+ 12 month codes? My sub runs out next week.

spronk spronk

i don't know of any sadly, ebay does a 10% back deal every now and then (few days ago was last one) and you could get a few bucks back that way. alternately with an amazon or best buy credit card buy it on their store for 10% back or just buy a $50+10 PSN wallet code and use that to buy 1 year on the PSN store.
Playstation Plus 12 month / 1 Year Membership Subscription for PS4 PS3 PS Vita | eBay

cheapest i've seen in the past six months has been ~40 so you are only really losing out on $10 with the above

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With Xbox being a dumpster fire competition wise don't expect PSPlus to get much cheaper outside the occasional summer/winter sale. They don't even have to try at this point and the consumer pays for it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Groupon deals are the only decent ones I've seen lately. Unfortunately you just missed the latest one by a couple weeks.

spronk

FPS noob
everything is a subscription service. $10/mo
Introducing Xbox Game Pass: Unlimited Access to More Than 100 Games

Xbox-Game-Pass_Hero-hero.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
yup. $60/yr for xbl gold (cloud saves, multiplayer access, few games/month) plus $30/yr for EA Access plus $10/mo (?/yr) for game pass

shits getting out of hand

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If it's a good value why is that bad? lol. If you don't use it then you unsubscribe.

Been waiting for other publishers version of EA Access, this could end up more or less being that.

Edit: I'm in the alpha, a couple dozen games available for testing, if this was the full slate I wouldn't sub, I have half of them thanks to Games With Gold.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Could subscribe to that, beat the games you want to beat within 30 days, and play about 20 games for $10 if you went on a binge.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Could subscribe to that, beat the games you want to beat within 30 days, and play about 20 games for $10 if you went on a binge.

Yeah it's a solid deal. It's the first in many things xbox needs to be doing.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's a solid deal. It's the first in many things xbox needs to be doing.

Yep. At this point though it also includes backwards compatible. So they had better have a decent line up of a few current titles to add the value. Only thing I see in there worth it (Just based on the picture) is Madmax and possibly Halo 5 even though I thought that turned out to be garbage.

But for $9.99 and cancel after 30 days and play some games you would have never purchased? Sounds like a good deal.

My guess is Sony will see this, and incorporate Playstation NOW into the PS Plus membership (Slight price increase) and Microsoft will have to counter.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I own literally all of the titles in the preview. Only a couple dozen there now, but all have been Games with Gold titles + Gears of War. Wouldn't sub as-is but do like the setup. It's a way to monetize people who don't even use Gold very often by giving them access to the bulk of the games previously offered, and then some.

Drops right into the memberships area of your games and apps.

C5w7qZ5UsAEWkXW.jpg

Vorph

Is it streaming like PSNow or an actual license like GWG/PS+ that simply gets revoked when you unsubscribe? Any talk of a PC version? I'd sub for a month if you could play it on Windows 10 and they included Lost Odyssey in the list. And ideally Tales of Vesperia, but from what I understand there's still no word on that ever coming to BC at all.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats an excellent value if good games are on it, not just shit ones. $10/month is peanuts considering in order to keep up on all the latest games costs fucking $$$$$$$

Also my youngest got his xbone now too. He spent his remaining $170 xmas money and I pitched the rest. So both have both consoles now, fucking white privileged kids.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It's not streaming, it's basically a temporary license for 100+ titles to download and play. Everything in the current test catalog has been on GWG at some point some Gears of War titles. If you want to keep it permanently the subscription gives you an extra discount on buying it.

Vorph

Soygen Soygen BTW, there's a spend $100, get $15 credit back deal going on until midnight tonight too. So if there was anything else $40+ you were planning on buying you might as well get that now too.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Soygen Soygen BTW, there's a spend $100, get $15 credit back deal going on until midnight tonight too. So if there was anything else $40+ you were planning on buying you might as well get that now too.
Do you have to spend it all in one cart or just accrued total? I already bought the PS+.