The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No no I'm not buying it. Just pissed that HZD hasn't seen a discount yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Nah, don't buy this POS at any price. The price is your time and its worth way more than anything this game has to offer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol it's that bad?

The more I play other stuff again, I'm starting to come around to what they've been saying. I'm sure my OCD will make me do the trophies at some point, but there's a million things that pop in mind to do before it. Even non-games like trophying a Telltale thing.

• 1Like

Vorph

Going from two of the best games of the year (Horizon/NieR) to one of the worst games I've subjected myself to then right back to the best JRPG I've ever played (P5) was really jarring. I quit playing ME:A with only an hour or two left--could be more but I'm not about to bother doing any of the crew member bonding nonsense--because P5 got here and even going back to it long enough to see the ending is a big NOPE still.

So yeah, if you value your time at all, or don't want your memories of ME 1&2 tarnished even more than ME 3 already did, you should avoid ME:A at any price.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Going from two of the best games of the year (Horizon/NieR) to one of the worst games I've subjected myself to then right back to the best JRPG I've ever played (P5) was really jarring. I quit playing ME:A with only an hour or two left--could be more but I'm not about to bother doing any of the crew member bonding nonsense--because P5 got here and even going back to it long enough to see the ending is a big NOPE still.

So yeah, if you value your time at all, or don't want your memories of ME 1&2 tarnished even more than ME 3 already did, you should avoid ME:A at any price.

I'm actually sort of wondering (was musing with the Gamestop guy today [who apparently bought my Amazon copy, lol] in fact) - if it will be looked at higher by many people once Andromeda 2 or whatever hits.

It mirrors ME1 in so many ways with development being "weak" because they're wasting so much time on stupid shit of why things are this way and how we got here. [And never mind that the most intriguing thing of the "benefactor" never being revealed as a complete cocktease - lots of nice little breadcrumbs to what looked to be fascinating that seems like it's just setup for part 2 after finishing - as well as barely scratching the surface of the Remnant, etc.]

And yes, sorry, but ME1 did have bad combat too - just most of the overworld fighting was skippable or able to be handled with the tank guns which are now absent - so the worst cases were often "managed" that way.

But that's just an initial ME1 hater but ME trilogy lover speculating. (And lukewarm towards ME:A at best)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
ME1 had probably the worst gameplay but the best and most gripping story by far.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Vaclav

ME1 had probably the worst gameplay but the best and most gripping story by far.

I'd tend to disagree - barring nuances of fleshing out the universe you can do a few paragraphs to sum up the entire plotline of the game. Entire planets in a summary would only be worth a single sentence after all. (i.e. the Thorian and Exo-Geni worlds).

If someone wrote a 100 page novella of ME1 - it would be 80-85 pages of the ins and outs of the races and other fluff with 15-20 of actual plot.

And that's not even mentioning it's piss-poor DLC, just base game vs. base game. If you consider complete ME2 w/ DLC vs ME1 w/ DLC, holy shit the rift is enormous. It didn't waste any time with fluff really - just straight plot with learning about the Collectors and such on the fly.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'd tend to disagree - barring nuances of fleshing out the universe you can do a few paragraphs to sum up the entire plotline of the game. Entire planets in a summary would only be worth a single sentence after all. (i.e. the Thorian and Exo-Geni worlds).

If someone wrote a 100 page novella of ME1 - it would be 80-85 pages of the ins and outs of the races and other fluff with 15-20 of actual plot.

And that's not even mentioning it's piss-poor DLC, just base game vs. base game. If you consider complete ME2 w/ DLC vs ME1 w/ DLC, holy shit the rift is enormous. It didn't waste any time with fluff really - just straight plot with learning about the Collectors and such on the fly.

You can disagree but I think you would be wrong. Not only does it lay down the lore and foundation for the universe it gives you a villain that you can really relate to and hate. He then rolls up into a much bigger overall threat that is terrifying and alien that you spend the game uncovering.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At the end of ME1 you wanted a sequel. At the end of andromeda you wanted your money back.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vaclav

You can disagree but I think you would be wrong. Not only does it lay down the lore and foundation for the universe it gives you a villain that you can really relate to and hate. He then rolls up into a much bigger overall threat that is terrifying and alien that you spend the game uncovering.

Perhaps - I did mostly play ME1 out of order - I only dabbled with it before ME2 because the gameplay turned me off so much. So having massive spoilers from being out of order might have tainted me some.

But to me it doesn't feel that way. (But at the same time - the "benefactor" and Remnant cockteasing in Andromeda does seem similar - which do seem to potentially have promise, just far less complete than ME1 did with Saren and El Reapers)

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ME1 piss poor DLC? Bring down the sky was fucking awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Vaclav

ME1 piss poor DLC? Bring down the sky was fucking awesome.

Compared to ME2 DLC? It was on par with Kasumi which was the weakest of the real ME2 DLC. Give me an Arrival or Shadow Broker any day over BDtS.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Compared to ME2 DLC? It was on par with Kasumi which was the weakest of the real ME2 DLC. Give me an Arrival or Shadow Broker any day over BDtS.

No way Kasumi was far worse. Arrival was weak sauce too.

The backstory of the Batarians was excellent. Nothing comes close to shadow broker in any of the games.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Just tried the Prey demo.

Fucking rough. Setting is wonderful. Voice acting, graphics, and the environment are top-notch. But man the controls are floaty garbage. The atmosphere just feels 'off' to me, but maybe that gets better later in the game. The combat is bereft of weight (see floaty garbage mentioned above), and the enemies are boring.

Hard pass.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Just tried the Prey demo.

Fucking rough. Setting is wonderful. Voice acting, graphics, and the environment are top-notch. But man the controls are floaty garbage. The atmosphere just feels 'off' to me, but maybe that gets better later in the game. The combat is bereft of weight (see floaty garbage mentioned above), and the enemies are boring.

Hard pass.

This is really disappointing as the game looked interesting.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah whoever designed the controls needs to be fired.

• 1Like

Crone

gamestop running some decent trade in promos if you wanna get rid of some games this weekend - 50% bonus bump if you trade in towards call of duty ww2 or destiny 2, 60% bump if you trade in towards both (put $5 pre order down on both). Bumps on trade in values too, so for example yakuza 0 is $25 base which would be $40 after the bumps and PUR pro, persona 5 would be $44, dishonored 2 would be $35.20, etc. i've traded in most of my games but gonna try to plat persona 5 quickly this weekend and trade that and kingdom hearts 1.5 in.

you also get a free hat with a pre order of COD ww2 lol
Any way to see trade in values? I've got a bunch of older Ps4 games just laying around and figure I should take advantage of this trade in deal.