The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Mick

<Gold Donor>
So I came across a couple of sites this morning and the current rumor is Scorpio will be priced at $399.99
If that is true that will sell an extreme amount of systems.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think they have to hit the $399 price point for it to be successful, even then it's still an uphill battle. I also think you will see a price drop in the ps4 pro shortly before Scorpio is released, probably to $349

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I came across a couple of sites this morning and the current rumor is Scorpio will be priced at $399.99
If that is true that will sell an extreme amount of systems.

And if it can dual boot window 10 as a pc.

Fadaar

That guy
If it dual boots Win10 I'll buy one in a fucking heartbeat as a media center to pair up with my NAS.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think they have to hit the $399 price point for it to be successful, even then it's still an uphill battle. I also think you will see a price drop in the ps4 pro shortly before Scorpio is released, probably to $349

I highly doubt the rumor of $399 is true. I would have guessed around $599. Either that or MS has had a change of practice and will now loss lead (And not just normal loss lead, huge amounts of loss lead) the console into the market full steam ahead. All specter said is it would cost more than an XBox One S. I dunno... But IF MS can pull off selling this for $399 knowing the power behind it, imagine how much money Nintendo is making off Switch Hardware. I mean holy shit. Must be 2.3.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If it dual boots Win10 I'll buy one in a fucking heartbeat as a media center to pair up with my NAS.

They won't do it. Microsoft still thinks they own the media room with their video store front.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That and MS isn't completely stupid. They would try to sandbox the Xbox side of things, but given full access to a Windows installation on the same hardware somebody would find a way around it in a matter of days/weeks and they'd have their shit blown out like the 3DS and Wii U. Sony was heading down the same road when OtherOS got exploited for full PS3 access and they had to rip it out before any real damage was done, even though it opened them up for lawsuits later on.

Vaclav

That and MS isn't completely stupid. They would try to sandbox the Xbox side of things, but given full access to a Windows installation on the same hardware somebody would find a way around it in a matter of days/weeks and they'd have their shit blown out like the 3DS and Wii U. Sony was heading down the same road when OtherOS got exploited for full PS3 access and they had to rip it out before any real damage was done, even though it opened them up for lawsuits later on.

Well, yea, I'm sure if they did it would be one of the mobile platform Win 10 versions to inherently limit it.

Vaclav

Having to root the OS first would be a minor speedbump in the process.

I've got zero experience with such things (not even messed with a Win10 mobile device to date) - but if there's no means to prevent such, yea, that does sound like a problem.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I highly doubt the rumor of $399 is true. I would have guessed around $599. Either that or MS has had a change of practice and will now loss lead (And not just normal loss lead, huge amounts of loss lead) the console into the market full steam ahead. All specter said is it would cost more than an XBox One S. I dunno... But IF MS can pull off selling this for $399 knowing the power behind it, imagine how much money Nintendo is making off Switch Hardware. I mean holy shit. Must be 2.3.
If it drops at $600 I think it's DoA. At that price point, I don't think the power really matters. Sure, some will buy it. But how many people that have sat out of the current generation would now drop $600 for it? How many that currently have an xbone would drop $600 to play the same games they already have access to but with better visuals? How many PS4 owners would spend that much when you can already get an xbone s for around $200 and they haven't?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see a "high" price console with few exclusives (none when comparing to the original or Xbox one S or PC) being a big seller for MS.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If it drops at $600 I think it's DoA. At that price point, I don't think the power really matters. Sure, some will buy it. But how many people that have sat out of the current generation would now drop $600 for it? How many that currently have an xbone would drop $600 to play the same games they already have access to but with better visuals? How many PS4 owners would spend that much when you can already get an xbone s for around $200 and they haven't?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see a "high" price console with few exclusives (none when comparing to the original or Xbox one S or PC) being a big seller for MS.

I definitely agree with you. I'm just wondering how thy pull it off at that price point (399). Risky for sure. It would be interesting to see actual costs on all these consoles.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I definitely agree with you. I'm just wondering how thy pull it off at that price point (399). Risky for sure. It would be interesting to see actual costs on all these consoles.

If it sells for $600 it's DOA

$399 with those specs would be a game changer. I'm waiting for E3.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So is Scorpio basically as PS4 Pro type upgrade but better hardware?

Meaning, it will play Xbox one games and there will be no games just for Scorpio?
If it has sweet exclusives i will buy it. If i can play every game but a few "meh ones" on my ps4 i will pass.
Cost wont mater, access to sweet exclusives is what matters for me.
i was never a fan of halo or gears so ps4 is killing it IMO on games. but i do want to play sunset overdrive one day !

I think i am getting old as i really don't notice the the huge jumps from 720, 1080 and 4k.
I play on a 75 inch tv from 14 feet away. I notice it, but its not a huge deal to me. and i forget about it after a few min.