The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Obviously, as most everyone knows, make sure to cross reference those digital deals with what Amazon/BB are selling them for. What I normally do is check Amazon, see the same physical game on sale for (usually) lower then the digital version, go to Best Buy, have them price match, and then use GC on it as well to save an additional 20%.

For example: Nier - $44.95 on Amazon. Have BB match it - have a GC account to get it for $35.99 - also have the physical which you can trade in afterwards as well. Battlefront Ultimate edition is already 6 dollars cheaper on Amazon. So always cross reference these digital deals because when they go up, a lot of the times the physical editions are much better deals.
How do you have them price match? I was under the impression it was either price match or GCU, not both

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How do you have them price match? I was under the impression it was either price match or GCU, not both

Works for me every time. I go in, say Amazon has this for said price, they match it. Then I hand them my phone number, they see I am a GC member and get another 20% off.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Works for me every time. I go in, say Amazon has this for said price, they match it. Then I hand them my phone number, they see I am a GC member and get another 20% off.

Is your phone number 1-900-HOT-CHIX?

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Works every time so far. Why. Doesn't it work for you guys or have you never tried it?

spronk

FPS noob
Best Buy is not supposed to apply GCU to price matches but in general reps will do whatever you tell them because a yelling customer is way worse and will get them in trouble, but basically you are stealing from best buy. You can get away with a lot of shit at best buy and gamestop if you complain enough.
Learn about Best Buy Price Match Guarantee

honestly with game prices dropping so fast and furious all the time nowadays i just wait until a game goes to 50% sale and buy it then, either that or I buy it at launch and finish as quick as I can. no hoarding.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Works every time so far. Why. Doesn't it work for you guys or have you never tried it?
Their policy is pretty explicit in that they aren't supposed to. From their FAQ:

My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked members can get 20% off new video games. For purposes of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee, Best Buy takes the discounted My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked price into account prior to a price match request. For example, if Best Buy sells a new game for $59.99, a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member will be able to buy it for $47.99. The $47.99 price is the price we would compare for price match purposes. If a competitor sells the game for $49.99, there would not be a need for a price match as the Best Buy price is lower. If a competitor sells a game for $44.99, we would match that price and sell a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member the game for $44.99 with no additional discount. If Best Buy lowers our price during the return and exchange period on a My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked purchase, we will, upon request, apply the 20% discount on the new lower price. For example, If a Gamers Club Unlocked member paid $47.99 for a new game priced at $59.99 and Best Buy lowers the price to $49.99 during the return and exchange period, we will, upon request, price match the new price with the 20% discount and sell the My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked member the game for $39.99.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh well shit :) I never even yelled or did anything. I just walk in, price match, they add GC on their own.

You guys should all shop at my best buy instead :)

• 1Like

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Same at Ut here. I just don't say anything, and 90% of the time I get both. I've got a buddy who is infamously hated at his local best buy for doing everything he can to get discounts from them, and they always tell him to fuck off lol.

• 1Like

Vorph

Anyone using one of these for remote play? Amazon.com: [L2 / R2, L3 / R3 buttons mounted] Remote Play assist attachment for PlayStationVita (PCH-2000): Video Games

I ordered it today, but they are slightly backordered and I have a couple days to change my mind if I have second thoughts. Biggest concern is that Sony mandates all games must have a control scheme specifically for remote play and from what I've heard some newer titles have stopped using L2/R2/L3/R3 on the rear touchpad in favor of tapping on the front screen instead. The thing is pretty expensive since it's import-only and I'd hate find out that games don't even use it. Can't test anything myself at the moment because I still haven't installed henkaku and gotten ad hoc remote play connected on 3.60 firmware.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Anyone using one of these for remote play? Amazon.com: [L2 / R2, L3 / R3 buttons mounted] Remote Play assist attachment for PlayStationVita (PCH-2000): Video Games

I ordered it today, but they are slightly backordered and I have a couple days to change my mind if I have second thoughts. Biggest concern is that Sony mandates all games must have a control scheme specifically for remote play and from what I've heard some newer titles have stopped using L2/R2/L3/R3 on the rear touchpad in favor of tapping on the front screen instead. The thing is pretty expensive since it's import-only and I'd hate find out that games don't even use it. Can't test anything myself at the moment because I still haven't installed henkaku and gotten ad hoc remote play connected on 3.60 firmware.
Persona 5 uses the back pad still, front pad is used for the touchpad control iirc (brings up what online people did that day). No idea on any other game since it's almost impossible to use a Vita to control most games without it sucking huge wang.

Since I still have an old fat Vita I can't use that one

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
sad day, Square Enix is gonna sell off IO Interactive, makers of Hitman 2016 (and Kane and Lynch, etc) because I guess the game didn't make enough money. It was imo one of the best games of 2016 and if you see it on sale definitely worth a play through, on PC or console
Hitman games on hold after Square Enix drops developer IO Interactive

The episodic release is probably not a great move for a high budget AAA game. As nice as it looked and with the good reviews, I absolutely knew I would never buy it until all the episodes were released.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The Gary Busey mission is why I impulse bought it, otherwise I hate / suck at that kind of game.

Bad week for some devs though, between that and whatever's happening at Bioware Montreal.

Vaclav

Fuck, that reminds me I still haven't gotten it (was waiting for the eventual combined version with all, I hate getting episodic a stage at a time).

Guess that'll be the present to myself when my first paycheck for the new job rolls in.