The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Juvarisx

Florida
Alright I am getting incredibly frustrated with shooters on a console. I played Counter-Strike for 4 years on the PC back in the day and the quake series, hell I even played Battlefield 3 on my compputer. Does anyone have any tips for making the transition from a mouse + keyboard to a controller for these types of games. I either feel it takes me too long to aim with a lower sensativity, or my crosshair goes inane with a higher. That and getting used to sprinting by holding down the knob is driving me insane.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My advice is you get used to it. Just keep practicing and messing with the sensitivity until you find the sweet spot.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I f'ed up and signed up for then 7 day trial of PS plus and now can 't enter the code for the 30 day trial. Trying to contact PSn support to get them to switch codes or something.

Sean_sl

shitlord
He's been totally silent since he got his ps4 on IRC as well.
Been drinking and playing PS4 games with Daezed. Knack was fun. Killzone isfucking gorgeous. Resogun is great. Moving on to AC4 soon.

Also, anyone who can't tell the difference between this generation and last needs their fucking eyes checked. There is a night and day difference and all of the PS4 games are just stunning on my 60" Panasonic ST60.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
Well it lasted one day and is now a brick. Should I call Amazon or Sony?
"This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive," the company said. Sony estimates that the number of affected systems represents "less than .04% of shipped units to date,"
3 people so far in this thread had that happen, that seems like a large percentage of our community that fell in the 0.04%

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It begins!!
There's a lot of amazon reviews complaining about bricked systems too, but there's no real way to tell how many of them are trolls.

Its definitely an issue though right now hard to say how widespread. Widespread enough at least two people here have experienced it so far.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's a lot of amazon reviews complaining about bricked systems too, but there's no real way to tell how many of them are trolls.

Its definitely an issue though right now hard to say how widespread. Widespread enough at least two people here have experienced it so far.
Im getting the hdmi bullshit. Just flashes blue. Tried changing cables, inputs, tvs, wiggling the fucking cable, reseating the hard drive. Feels bad.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yup. That's what everyone on Amazon is reporting. Flashing blue light HDMI output problem.

Hang on to your nuts folks, its gonna be a bumpy ride!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
this blue light hdmi thing may or may not be firmware related and thus patchable. That's the rumor. hardware failures was supposed to be the .04% estimate I thought.

If it is a hardware failure though, then the .04% is definitely bullshit though

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
cad-20131115-de418.png

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ut must be sad Sean's Ps4 works fine. Definitely disappointed now I cancelled my preorder. For what I've played and watched this is a huge upgrade over last gen. If launch games look and play this well I can't fucking wait to see what Naughty Dog and Sony SM do next.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well at least Amazon's return policy is pretty painless. Maybe I will get lucky and find another one somewhere tomorrow.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ut must be sad Sean's Ps4 works fine. Definitely disappointed now I cancelled my preorder. For what I've played and watched this is a huge upgrade over last gen. If launch games look and play this well I can't fucking wait to see what Naughty Dog and Sony SM do next.
you could probably just go to the nearest few stores and pick up a ps4...