The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not unexpected...

Ryse: 5/10

"As repetitive and shallow as it is, Ryse is always blandly playable... there's nothing like enough substance to the gameplay to tempt you to run the campaign on another difficulty setting or to lure you into long-term engagement with the two-player arena mode. There's no brains, no muscle, no fibre beneath Ryse's extravagantly engineered good looks - this game rings loud but hollow. "

Ryse: Son of Rome review Eurogamer.net

*edit* and another game with micro-transactions, like Forza.
yeah but this paid off review likes it:
Ryse: Son of Rome is a bloody good reason to own an Xbox One (review) | GamesBeat

spronk

FPS noob
the guys who won a free xbone from xbox live have received theirs, amazon orders ship today. such green

JxkWjU8.jpg

koljec_sl

shitlord
I'm not feeling any of the PS4 or XBone games right now, and I'm really tempted to go out tomorrow and get a Wii U Wind Waker bundle and Super Mario 3D World.

Is this a bad plan?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not feeling any of the PS4 or XBone games right now, and I'm really tempted to go out tomorrow and get a Wii U Wind Waker bundle and Super Mario 3D World.

Is this a bad plan?
From reading the Mario reviews, I would say it's not a bad plan.

I'm going to return Knack today and maybe pick up NFS if WalMart has it in stock.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Nope. Great plan. Save a ps4 or xbox for next year, they'll still be there, and their library will be better. Wii U is cheaper and has higher scoring games with a larger library.

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those that bought PS4s for the purpose of reselling them, have you held on to those units in the hopes of selling them next month, or did you flip them immediately? I'm curious to hear how much some poor schlubs are paying for next-gen consoles on the secondary market.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord

Is this a bad plan?
You might save a few bones if you wait for black friday. Best buy has a wiiu Mario bundle for 320. Posting from my phone so don't have the details. Sorry bout that.

Juvarisx

Florida
I think that is how I ended up with my old Nintendo dust collector sadly. I really wish it was possible to enjoy a console from them for an entire generation but the games to make it worthwhile just do not come out often enough.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Nope. Great plan. Save a ps4 or xbox for next year, they'll still be there, and their library will be better. Wii U is cheaper and has higher scoring games with a larger library.
^

I think that is how I ended up with my old Nintendo dust collector sadly. I really wish it was possible to enjoy a console from them for an entire generation but the games to make it worthwhile just do not come out often enough.
^

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ryse: Son of Rome Review - GameSpot

Haha I love the caption. Even gamespot gave Ryse a 4... wow.

"You will not be entertained"

Haha

And yes, Mario will be a good game. Wind Waker HD isn't worth it. Don't waste your cash unless you didn't play the first one, and even then wait for it to go down to about 20 bucks. Monster hunter is good. Zombie U should be cheap now if you like survival horror but using the gamepad for the inventory system is tedious and takes you out of the game. I would also buy a Pro Controller.

The thing that pisses me off about Nintendo games is the shift in controller buttons. I * cannot * stand it. For me, B is on the right, Y up top, X on the left, A on the bottom. Because I have played Xbox games for 10+ years. Then I play a Nintendo game and it tells me to hit B and I am actually pressing Y or X or A or whatever the hell...

Obnoxious.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah new Mario looks ridiculously good. Reminds me of Mario 2 and 3, honestly, in way too many ways to count. Those were some of the best Marios.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
And yes, Mario will be a good game. Wind Waker HD isn't worth it. Don't waste your cash unless you didn't play the first one, and even then wait for it to go down to about 20 bucks. Monster hunter is good. Zombie U should be cheap now if you like survival horror but using the gamepad for the inventory system is tedious and takes you out of the game. I would also buy a Pro Controller.
Windwaker HD is worth it even if you have played it before, since it's the 2nd best Zelda game ever (After A Link to the Past, no not OoT!) - they removed 90% of the tedious parts and the game looks amazing on the Wii U. Also I doubt it will ever hit $20 bucks - Nintendo first party games hardly lose value even years after release. It's especially worth it if you haven't played it and it's basically free if you get the bundle.

I'll also throw in Rayman Legends (the Wii U version is the best version by a mile) and Wonderful 101 if you like Platinum games. Monster Hunter 3 is what I've gotten the most hours out of though.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Isn't there a new Donkey Kong on the way too? The last one on the Wii was prett fun, and looked great even though it wasn't hd. Also, smash bros and mario kart on the horizon. The new mario kart looks insane with all the loops and upside down shit goin on. Looks more like f-zero.

I don't own a WiiU, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to pick one up.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the new Donkey Kong from Retro got delayed from Christmas to early 2014.

I'd say there are 6 really good to great games out for the Wii U in time for Black Friday/Xmas - then you have Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and new Monolithsoft game X all coming.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Windwaker HD is worth it even if you have played it before, since it's the 2nd best Zelda game ever (After A Link to the Past, no not OoT!) - they removed 90% of the tedious parts and the game looks amazing on the Wii U. Also I doubt it will ever hit $20 bucks - Nintendo first party games hardly lose value even years after release. It's especially worth it if you haven't played it and it's basically free if you get the bundle.

I'll also throw in Rayman Legends (the Wii U version is the best version by a mile) and Wonderful 101 if you like Platinum games. Monster Hunter 3 is what I've gotten the most hours out of though.
I will disagree with you on Zelda and we will leave it at that, (The value related to another HD cash in) but you are absolutely correct on Rayman Legends. Fantastic game on the Wii U and a great use of the controller. This is a must have title if anyone buys the system.