The Book of Boba Fett

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yoda trained him for what, a few days? doesn't seem out of character for Luke to rush through. though it doesn't align w/ his character as he left training to go save his friends, forcing Grogu to pick doesn't make sense.
well, on top of that, luke says that with grogu it's less training and more remembering, so maybe his lesson plan is just being truncated.

but yeah, i don't like the choice he's given grogu, i feel like luke is coming across as an oversensitive bad girlfriend

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
It resolves or sidesteps a lot of questions if Grogu chooses to be a Mandalorian foundling though. He doesn't die at Luke's academy and Leia remains Luke's first student.

Besides, there's a nonzero chance Luke gives him Yoda's saber anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Why'd they have to show Luke doing stuff
Because Grogu doing stuff looks fucktarded? Worst part of the show for me, the puppet movement looks dumb af.

Also agree that Vanth got shot in the shoulder and isnt deadthough that may be hopium due to mancrush on Timothy Olyphant.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

What's funny is Cad Banes ship is called justified or Justify, and he goes against Olyphant. Doubt it was intentional but maybe

Edit - justifier close enough

eb4m3wx0e4i71.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He does recognize the dangers. Think back to ROTJ. At the end they exploit his attachment to give into anger

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The scene of the townsfolk kneeling with Vanth looking pretty busy rendering aid seems to indicate he's being saved.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

It was clearly a shoulder shot and Cad didn't want to kill Vanth, and yeah I think Vanth might have backed down if it wasnt for his dumb ass new hire. Vanth almost seemed to act like he knew who he was dealing with once Dane raised his head

• 2Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Cad Bane could've killed him easily. His quip about "you should've kept your armor" was a hint. Cad Bane put the dent in Boba's helmet.

• 2Like

Homsar

Cad Bane could've killed him easily. His quip about "you should've kept your armor" was a hint. Cad Bane put the dent in Boba's helmet.
I never knew about that deleted fight from clone wars. I need to download a timeline of everything except the 7-9.

I thought there was huge rumors or spoilers about Ezra not being dead and making an appearance in the movies or shows but none of it was true

Last edited:
  • 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
never in a million years would I have guessed Grogu and Luke are the focus of an episode of Book of Boba Fett. 100% fan service but I fucking loved it. I would have loved 45 minutes of Ahsoka and Luke talking about Anakin and The Jedi Council and Obi-Wan.

It was super smart putting it all in here, while it doesn't really belong AT ALL I'm super hyped for Ahsoka now, I get hyped just thinking about Ahsoka finding Ezra, tracking down Admiral Thrawn, and whatever other crazy shit they are gonna do. This is the way the Star Wars and Marvel shows should be, a lot of interconnected bits that leads up to Avengers style team up movies.

Cad Bane is hilarious in many ways in THIS show because he is the Boba Fett we all sorta pictured, a bad ass who has style and panache, is super ruthless and efficient and awesome. And a non force user who easily held his own against multiple Jedi.

That was 100% a Filoni episode and it was awesome, unfortunately the finale next week is back to Robert Rodriguez. Hope its good but I wouldn't be surprised to see some more goofy spy kids shit back.

If you never played Jedi Fallen Order I'd recommend, I'm replaying again a few hours a week and its super enjoyable, takes place I think around 15 years before the events of these shows.

lol

• 9Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 13 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I never knew about that deleted fight from clone wars. I need to download a timeline of everything except the 7-9.

I thought there was huge rumors or spoilers about Ezra not being dead and making an appearance in the movies or shows but none of it was true
I never got into clone wars or rebels all that much tbh, I only watched Bad Batch last week.

I'm a first-generation Star Wars fan, the ones who loathed the prequels and Special Editions and didn't particularly get out of the way to catch the animated shows. But the younger generations of Star Wars are unreasonably defensive about the prequels in the same way that guys who saw SW when they were nine years old are protective about that.

And the youngest generation of Star Wars? The ones weaned on Filoniverse and who came home afterschool to Clone Wars and Rebels? They lost their shit this last episode. Grown ass youtubers in tears and everything.

Homsar

I never got into clone wars or rebels all that much tbh, I only watched Bad Batch last week.

I'm a first-generation Star Wars fan, the ones who loathed the prequels and Special Editions and didn't particularly get out of the way to catch the animated shows. But the younger generations of Star Wars are unreasonably defensive about the prequels in the same way that guys who saw SW when they were nine years old are protective about that.

And the youngest generation of Star Wars? The ones weaned on Filoniverse and who came home afterschool to Clone Wars and Rebels? They lost their shit this last episode. Grown ass youtubers in tears and everything.
Rebels was good and managed to build up a Jedi (Ezra) properly. I liked it more than bad batch at least.

Kanan jarris was a fantastic build up to a Jedi forced to rely on the force alone his outcome fate was pretty badass

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no problem with Luke giving Grogu a choice. It is indeed part of the ideal of a Master Jedi to have no emotional attachments to other people. I think Grogu has lived long enough to understand that choice. I think Grogu will choose the Mandalorian as it just seems to fit the narrative. I am also fine with this because it does not negate Grogu's abilities, it just does not allow for training that would focus them. Does a permanent bond form between him and the Mandalorian that leads them to always staying together? I am not sure how practical that will be. I guess we will find out.

The sad part is that this last episode is going to have to have some serious action to negate my lack of care for Boba Fett now.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Rebels was good and managed to build up a Jedi (Ezra) properly. I liked it more than bad batch at least.

Kanan jarris was a fantastic build up to a Jedi forced to rely on the force alone his outcome fate was pretty badass
Kanan is probably one of my favorite Jedi, behind Luke. His arc was great and he was the perfect teacher for Ezra.

I have no problem with Luke giving Grogu a choice. It is indeed part of the ideal of a Master Jedi to have no emotional attachments to other people. I think Grogu has lived long enough to understand that choice. I think Grogu will choose the Mandalorian as it just seems to fit the narrative. I am also fine with this because it does not negate Grogu's abilities, it just does not allow for training that would focus them. Does a permanent bond form between him and the Mandalorian that leads them to always staying together? I am not sure how practical that will be. I guess we will find out.

The sad part is that this last episode is going to have to have some serious action to negate my lack of care for Boba Fett now.
Grogu is definitely leaving his training with Luke. That was probably the reason they had Ahsoka there too. As both her and Luke left their training for their own reasons. Luke to help his friends in ESB and Ahsoka due to her seeing the failure of the Jedi during their fall to Palpatine.

• 2Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Seriously, was the original title "The Book Of Pedro Pascal's Contract Negotiations"?

It also kind of says it all that once this show got rid of the title character, it improved dramatically.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

elcaro1101

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plot twist?

Grogu was left alive by Anakin, meant to be a plant in the future against the Jedi Order. Kills Luke with Yoda's light saber, takes both the saber and the Beskar mail. Meets up with Mando, Boba and Fennec. They kill off The Syndicate and have enough money to build a functional third Death Star. Then ride it around the galaxy destroying planets and stuff.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God