The Book of Boba Fett

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
The theme song is so funny and great. I feel like it should be playing during all the fights at a Medieval Times

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
It resolves or sidesteps a lot of questions if Grogu chooses to be a Mandalorian foundling though. He doesn't die at Luke's academy and Leia remains Luke's first student.

Besides, there's a nonzero chance Luke gives him Yoda's saber anyway.

Pretty much my thoughts, he knows the little guy's heart just isn't in it but wants to make him choose for himself to be sure

I never knew about that deleted fight from clone wars. I need to download a timeline of everything except the 7-9.

I thought there was huge rumors or spoilers about Ezra not being dead and making an appearance in the movies or shows but none of it was true

Nah they'll save Ezra and Thrawn for the Ahsoka show.

Also glad to see Kanan getting some love, he was my favorite new character from Rebels.

Since Luke and Ahsoka have had some time to hang out, I guess that means he knows everything about Anakin now?

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

elcaro1101

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't the Jedi Academy massacre already happen though? That was the flashback that happened when Luke helped him "remember" I thought?

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Didn't the Jedi Academy massacre already happen though? That was the flashback that happened when Luke helped him "remember" I thought?
Grogu's flashback was from the Jedi Temple at Coruscant, where Grogu was studying when Order 66 happened.

The massacre we're talking about is a few years prior to Force Awakens, when Kylo Ren destroys the Jedi Academy we watch being built in this episode and kill all the students.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kanan is probably one of my favorite Jedi, behind Luke. His arc was great and he was the perfect teacher for Ezra.
He's maybe my favorite if not Obi wan, I don't get how the cartoon/Mando has so many bad ass characters and the movies couldn't do anything. Give me a KOTOR live action

• 3Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I need to just keep a photo of the damn timeline map

• 1Solidarity

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
He's maybe my favorite if not Obi wan, I don't get how the cartoon/Mando has so many bad ass characters and the movies couldn't do anything. Give me a KOTOR live action
I was hoping we'd see a KOTOR easter egg at the bottom of the Sarlacc. Like armor from the Sith Empire that it hadn't digested.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Grogu's flashback was from the Jedi Temple at Coruscant, where Grogu was studying when Order 66 happened.

The massacre we're talking about is a few years prior to Force Awakens, when Kylo Ren destroys the Jedi Academy we watch being built in this episode and kill all the students.
People are saying that it was probably the Jedi Librarian that saved Grogu.

• 2Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
People are saying that it was probably the Jedi Librarian that saved Grogu.
A better twist would be that Grogu saved himself; maybe for the same reason that he blocked the memory.

The clones approach and are about to kill him. He closes his eyes, reaches out with his tiny hands....aaaand dark side force lightning blasts from his fingertips, wracking everyone in the room. Maybe mix the imperial march music with The Child theme before fading out.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Flashback would have been better if it had Hayden Christensen stepping through the clone-troopers. Although I guess it isn't really necessary for Luke to see that post ROTJ

• 3Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Grogu going to be the Grey Jedi sidekick to a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter. I'm pretty sure SW nerds have been wet for this idea since the EU started. A force userwith Jedi abilities who isn't full evil Sith or good-guy neutrality Jedi. Grogu's going to fuckin' force lightning everyone, but for the right reasons! Can't fucking wait!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Grogu going to be the Grey Jedi sidekick to a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter. I'm pretty sure SW nerds have been wet for this idea since the EU started. A force userwith Jedi abilities who isn't full evil Sith or good-guy neutrality Jedi. Grogu's going to fuckin' force lightning everyone, but for the right reasons! Can't fucking wait!
I mean Ahsoka is a Grey Jedi at this point. Also Qui Gon Jinn might as well have been one.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Grey jedi? Is that the label the jedi council gives you if you don't pay your clubhouse dues?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Someone puts grogu in the baby space pod and he launches off the planet before it's destroyed.

• 1Like

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
I mean Ahsoka is a Grey Jedi at this point. Also Qui Gon Jinn might as well have been one.
I mean by that standard luke was. Jedi just strike me as stupid, but that's probably fitting, because most people have viewed monks as stupid throughout history.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Grey jedi? Is that the label the jedi council gives you if you don't pay your clubhouse dues?
It's a term that the fandom uses to describe force users who aren't Jedi or Sith, and generally are also not evil. I don't think its ever been used as a canon term. A grey Jedi is, by definition, not a Jedi.

People rag on the Last Jedi for lots of reasons and we dont need to talk about the movie as a whole, but Filioni is drawing a straight line right to the Luke we see there who says "It's time for the Jedi to end". We've seen glimpses of his arrogance in trying to rebuild something he doesnt fully understand, his devotion to it, and where it will inevitably lead. He is trying to rebuild something which failed based on its own hubris and he is on the journey to learn those lessons.

No one needs to ask why the Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda force ghosts don't show up and tell him "hey, maybe just teach people to be cool and do good with their powers and not fervently follow a dogma of no attachments and blind faith from those books you found" instead of making him painfully learn that lesson, but we have the end point and we are seeing Luke now begin his own rise and fall.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm a first-generation Star Wars fan, the ones who loathed the prequels and Special Editions and didn't particularly get out of the way to catch the animated shows. But the younger generations of Star Wars are unreasonably defensive about the prequels in the same way that guys who saw SW when they were nine years old are protective about that.

And the youngest generation of Star Wars? The ones weaned on Filoniverse and who came home afterschool to Clone Wars and Rebels? They lost their shit this last episode. Grown ass youtubers in tears and everything.

That is why Filoni has been good for the franchise - he is able to both simultaneously satisfy OG fans and the "newer" fans that grew up with the prequels and cartoons (with him being responsible for the cartoons that enhanced the prequels).

The sequel trilogy failed to really generate any lasting fandom it feels like - they tried to aim for the OG fans and to gain new fans, but mostly ignored the "newer fans" and were hoping to pull in a fresh fanbase...and presumably failed on all counts.

The worst part is all the good they are doing will be forever shackled by the new trilogy short of "lol it was all a fractured reality/alternate timeline"

• 3Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's a term that the fandom uses to describe force users who aren't Jedi or Sith, and generally are also not evil. I don't think its ever been used as a canon term. A grey Jedi is, by definition, not a Jedi.

People rag on the Last Jedi for lots of reasons and we dont need to talk about the movie as a whole, but Filioni is drawing a straight line right to the Luke we see there who says "It's time for the Jedi to end". We've seen glimpses of his arrogance in trying to rebuild something he doesnt fully understand, his devotion to it, and where it will inevitably lead. He is trying to rebuild something which failed based on its own hubris and he is on the journey to learn those lessons.

No one needs to ask why the Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda force ghosts don't show up and tell him "hey, maybe just teach people to be cool and do good with their powers and not fervently follow a dogma of no attachments and blind faith from those books you found" instead of making him painfully learn that lesson, but we have the end point and we are seeing Luke now begin his own rise and fall.

Luke had the same hubris that the Jedi in the prequels had. Which lead to both downfalls.

• 2Like