The Book of Boba Fett

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Those "masters" presided over the fall of the Republic and the annihilation of the Jedi Order to ONE sith lord.

Would you listen to their force ghosts pestering you with "advice" after you had to murder your own father to unfuck their mess?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Nobody going to comment on Dan being the bartender?

I was really hoping for a Sal Starr cameo as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unless Luke gets some of that Mara Jade he hasn't learned why the Jedi were so wrong in this timeline.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Unless Luke gets some of that Mara Jade he hasn't learned why the Jedi were so wrong in this timeline.
There have been rumors of her showing up, but yeah... it would totally change Luke's outlook.

• 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I never got into clone wars or rebels all that much tbh, I only watched Bad Batch last week.

I'm a first-generation Star Wars fan, the ones who loathed the prequels and Special Editions and didn't particularly get out of the way to catch the animated shows. But the younger generations of Star Wars are unreasonably defensive about the prequels in the same way that guys who saw SW when they were nine years old are protective about that.

And the youngest generation of Star Wars? The ones weaned on Filoniverse and who came home afterschool to Clone Wars and Rebels? They lost their shit this last episode. Grown ass youtubers in tears and everything.
I think a lot of it is how willing you are to dive in and watch everything. I'm a first gen fan too, saw Star Wars in the theater when I was 8 and I've been a first day viewer / opening night attendee of every one since, for better or worse...
but I would say my favorite era of Star Wars now is the Clone Wars years and into the Rebels years. My all time favorite character is Obi-Wan, but Ahsoka right there behind him. I know Favreau is doing a lot of the writing and getting tons of credit, but Filoni is just straight up killing it in my opinion. There isn't a better person in the world to have at a high level that knows, as someone said above, how to tie in every aspect of the SW universe we know and get every generation of fan on board.
Yeah, this show would have been better served with a totally different name like "The Sands of Tatooine" or some shit, but get past that, and the last two episodes of this series, and the train scene from episode 2, and a few scattered moments in the rest of the episodes, are extremely high quality shit that I can't believe I am seeing.
Episode 5 was incredible, but this last episode just blew the doors off everything. Right up there with the finale of Mando season 2, except it was the whole fucking episode and not the last 10 minutes. They just kept piling on the incredible.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just change the name to "Bounty Hunters" and you can do random stories every episode.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That was a cool episode, love it, they crammed so much into it.

The major disappointment for me was Ashoka and Luke. I wanted so much to see their first meeting, and have Ashoka tell Luke about Anakin, not about Vader but Anakin as she knew him for years. This is such a missed opportunity.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought Mara Jade doesn't exist the new SW stuff? Did they mention her in the movies

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a cool episode, love it, they crammed so much into it.

The major disappointment for me was Ashoka and Luke. I wanted so much to see their first meeting, and have Ashoka tell Luke about Anakin, not about Vader but Anakin as she knew him for years. This is such a missed opportunity.
She kind of hinted at her knowledge of his father. It actually surprised me when she stated " So much like your father". Given his father was Vader, I presumed her knowledge revolved more around the Anakin Persona.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Welp chalk me up as not a fan of filoni. I never watched the animated clone wars but heard great things, but it seems he made them to continue and expand upon the prequels rather than to course correct them.

Cgi yoda doing flips and shit ruined yoda as a character and invalidated everything he ever said and every lesson he gave luke in empire.

And filoni just doubled down on that shit with grogu.

If given the choice between watching the prequels for 6 hours or watching red letter media's reviews shit all over the prequels for 6 hours i would choose shitting on the prequels 100 times out of 100, cringey basement/exwife plot and all.

Definitely feels like they are using this show as the glue to tie in the connected universe, but also im pretty sure this show was always going to be a miniseries / single season. I kinda expect them to kill off boba fett in the finale and have mando pick up his mantle since he's no longer in his cult, no longer has a home, and no longer has a space ship (for bounty hunting at least). He'll get grogu back and finish what boba set out to do as payback to honor him. Maybe boba dies saving grogu or something along those lines.

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
She kind of hinted at her knowledge of his father. It actually surprised me when she stated " So much like your father". Given his father was Vader, I presumed her knowledge revolved more around the Anakin Persona.
I actually can't tell what you mean here, but, with all due respect, you do know Anakin was her master right? She knew him better than almost anyone, and was among the first, besides Obi-Wan and Yoda, to actually figure out that Darth Vader was Anakin. She said that line right after Luke talking about Grogu's heart not being in it, maybe a line about her master being a little critical of her.
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

• 1Like

Homsar

Prolly didnt watch clone wars and figures she's a lot younger than Luke?

Homsar

I thought she was like 15-20 before Luke. I can remember that show much.

Edit- she was 17 when Luke was born so I think She was trained at 15

j00t

I actually can't tell what you mean here, but, with all due respect, you do know Anakin was her master right? She knew him better than almost anyone, and was among the first, besides Obi-Wan and Yoda, to actually figure out that Darth Vader was Anakin. She said that line right after Luke talking about Grogu's heart not being in it, maybe a line about her master being a little critical of her.
he said in response to feeling like an inadequate teacher. he says he's not even really training grogu, grogu is just remembering his old training. ahsoka saying that he was just like his father because anakin, despite all his bravado, felt like an inadequate teacher towards her. it was meant as a compliment

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually did not know her history. I was stating it as a fact that the show did note her knowledge of Anakin. I never thought it was an insult based statement. Because I do not watch Clone Wars, I at least understand that a relationship once existed based on that single line. I am guessing that maybe when her show comes out that a lot more will be revealed for those not having watched Clone Wars.

• 2Like

Homsar

Yeah only big star wars nerds know the history and I barely remember clone wars since I binged it such a long time ago, hell I'm having issues remembering Rebels and have no clue if I finished Bad Batch