The Boys

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I really liked the scene where Hughie rolls over like a simp, tripping over his dick, when he first sees Starlight after learning she aborted his child without even talking to him about it.

Not to defend this scene or anything but I didn't get the impression when she meets with Hughie after this happens that he didn't know about the abortion. I recall she says something like "we weren't ready" and he's like "I know", so while it was coming out of nowhere to the audience (and was really heavy-handed), it looked to me more like something that just happened between seasons or offscreen between them.

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the exact dialogue.

I still think all those side-stories about Frenchie's gay relationship with his own victim, Starlight's pizzagate attempt by Firecracker and such are kind of wasting our time, it's really a lot of filler with a few gems like most of Homelander or Butcher's scenes.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Not to defend this scene or anything but I didn't get the impression when she meets with Hughie after this happens that he didn't know about the abortion. I recall she says something like "we weren't ready" and he's like "I know", so while it was coming out of nowhere to the audience (and was really heavy-handed), it looked to me more like something that just happened between seasons or offscreen between them.

I still think all those side-stories about Frenchie's gay relationship with his own victim, Starlight's pizzagate attempt by Firecracker and such are kind of wasting our time, it's really a lot of filler with a few gems like most of Homelander or Butcher's scenes.

yeah this is correct, the writing is there that Hughie knew about the abortion and supported Starlight blah blah blah blah. Hughie's been a mega simp from season 1 though so just fits his retarded character. Honestly it was shocking he actually killed someone this episode, I 100% expected him needing a save from half-torso Kimiko and honestly am surprised they actually let him do something useful for once in his useless life.

The pregnancy thing is double wild because Ryan is the first hero (we know of) that is naturally a supe. Anne's child might have been a second, but nah fuck that lets just make it an abortion talking point lol

I also love how Starlights employees all desert her the second its revealed she blinded a mom on her first save, hahaha just goes to show you how useful young "allies" are, they desert you the second they learn about a fuckup from 10 years ago. lol, inadvertently writing how shitty modern politics are, good job writers

wonder what powers Hughie's dad will get

kojima loves the boys

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Ah, yea, I though I heard her say "I wanted to tell you" after saying she agonized over the choice, but just went back and rewatched that line real quick and nope, just misheard. They did make it sound like they talked about it when it happened.

I find Starlights face rather ugly now and hard to look at. It ruins every scene she is in. Plus everything outside of the Homelander scenes was struggling to keep my attention, so musta been day dreaming extra dialog (or browsing the web, only half paying attention).

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Show is just kinda boring now. Don't even feel like finishing the series.

• 1Like

bigolas

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Show is just kinda boring now. Don't even feel like finishing the series.
If it was a TWD case where season 7 got very boring with no end in sight I would've stopped. Here, there are only 12 episodes left. The main plot with Homelander is still captivating and the Deep at least offers some good comic relief. The boring subplots were dragged on for too long but are luckily moving forward after this last episode. Only stop if you're no longer interested in Homelander and how his story ends.

• 2Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What bakes my noodle with this “is it woke or isn’t it?” discussion is that this show takes plenty of jabs at NIMBYists and leftists. I would generally characterize the show as irreverent but with clear political bias against real-world right wingers.

I’m not sure how you could interpret scenes like this as anything but a leftist using self deprecating humor. Maybe in the script the lines were written to be played more straight and the actress gave “the message” the push towards mockery. But scenes like this are not few and far between.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find that the show works well if I fast forward through some of the boring parts. Anything to do with Frenchie and his boyfriend I skip. Anything to do with stupid fucking songs being sung, I skip. I actually enjoyed most of this episode.

I was a bit confused at why mom was able to know that Hughie had V in his coat pocket. She came in after he had put it back into his pocket. I was thinking " Whew, its a good thing you did not start injecting it or she would have walked in on the action".

It is just painful watching scenes with Starlight. Its like the actress got into a serious car crash that led to burns on her face. She then went through cosmetic surgery to fix her face. Its hard knowing that she did that shit on purpose, and it just looks awful. At this point I kind of wish something would happen to Starlight in the show that would force her to wear a mask.

The lobotomy scene was hard to watch.

Fucking Homelander killed it. The dark side is real.

Hughie got to kill somebody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far the best episode. Hopefully this keeps rolling and it does not suddenly side track. I feel like the father angle is going to be a major distraction when it comes to the pacing of the show.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It is just painful watching scenes with Starlight. Its like the actress got into a serious car crash that led to burns on her face. She then went through cosmetic surgery to fix her face. Its hard knowing that she did that shit on purpose, and it just looks awful. At this point I kind of wish something would happen to Starlight in the show that would force her to wear a mask.

Yeah, there was a part at start of episode where I thought "oh she looks relatively normal" but as soon as she starts speaking it exposed how immobile her face is now

• 1Like

bigolas

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What bakes my noodle with this “is it woke or isn’t it?” discussion is that this show takes plenty of jabs at NIMBYists and leftists. I would generally characterize the show as irreverent but with clear political bias against real-world right wingers.

I’m not sure how you could interpret scenes like this as anything but a leftist using self deprecating humor. Maybe in the script the lines were written to be played more straight and the actress gave “the message” the push towards mockery. But scenes like this are not few and far between.

Those scenes call out the corporations for being fake allies for profit. The other type is scenes like the film director with A-Train calling out Hollywood's negative stereotyping of black people. I already gave in a previous post examples of what would be equivalent to the mocking of the right the show does. They're doing none of it.

Lumping Epstein with the crazy Q stuff makes me think the CIA is with them in the writing room. Presenting Tucker Carlson as the biggest liar in media who dictates what his viewers think, saying that Fox News platforms fringe right wing shows. Saying the right is more outraged about abortion than the 15 yo rape when it's well known which side doesn't find the Macron situation fucked up. All of that is extra retarded.

They even introduced Neuman as the show's AOC then completely forgot about that and are writing her character without a single allusion to the real AOC because they can't make her look bad in any way.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I also love how the smartest person on earth is a militant black woman

but when she’s lobotomized she’s just a normal person eating chain food and liking trashy. They literally hate normal Americans and think anyone who isn’t a college professor is a moron.

But the fact that woke super smart race lady also hate sherself and admits that she’s a bitch is a statement I wouldn’t expect from these people

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Activists = smart

Normal people = dumb

conservatives = evil

liberals = heroes

its so tiresome

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

• 6Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I do not see anything in that scene that implies the show is not virtue signaling woke faggotry. Her character is a smug corporate faggot and she plays that well, so perhaps that's what's muddling it. She's power playing A-Train, but she's all aboard the woke train.

That interaction appears about as genuine and realistic as it would be IRL.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's crazy you think anyone in this show is put in a positive light at all. No one is good in this show, except Marvin. I guess you could whine because he's black, but that's it. Kimiko is great, but she's a murderer with fuzzy morals because of her upbringing. Butcher is in it for himself and him absolute goal of killing all supes. Hughie is a soft bitch who waffles constantly and his hesitance and morals cost people. Starlight is high roading to utter failure and doesn't want to fight fire with fire, while also holding back secrets that she'd be forgiven for by her followers immediately? Frenchie is just whatever, he's no longer Kimiko's handler and emotional support euro and is now just doing dumb B-plot shit for woke points they didn't need.

Homeland is a psychotic mess. A-Train may actually redeem himself and end up killing Homelander, which people would hate I'm sure. Deep is Deep, great at being him but a shit person. Black Noir 2.0 better be a funny reveal, but is mostly nothing. Sage is obviously going to try and outplay Homelander or make him think she is and get murdified. Ashley is a sleeze corpo faking every crusade for market points. The CIA gives 0 fucks about anything but killing Homelander and would probably nuke an entire city if they thought it'd work.

Ain't no heroes. There's people who are less bad than others, but they all fucking suck. Like I said, Marvin's the only one I think that has a truly good nature to him besides Hughie, but Hughie is just too much of a little bitch, which if anything progressives and liberals should be mad about because he's supposed to represent them and he's the worst of all of their traits.

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
A-Train may actually redeem himself and end up killing Homelander, which people would hate I'm sure.

There's absolutely no way A-Train would be able to kill or even really harm Homelander. They're not even in the same league. We've seen how Homelander can literally rip apart other supes (he dismembered Supersonic who had the same power set as A-Train, smashed Blindspot's head like a ripe melon with some light taps, was able to punch clean through Black Noir's torso even though Soldier Boy's shield hitting his skull several times didn't even crush his skull back then...).

Last season A-Train muttered "Fuck you" under his breath 10 meters from Homelander and got his ass handed to him, with Homelander choking him and threatening to laser his face off and A-Train couldn't do shit except apologize profusely.

Realistically the only people who could have harmed him, but probably not kill him, so far would be Soldier Boy and maybe Butcher on V, but even then they had trouble keeping him tackled down together (with help from Hughie on V). Maeve was also super strong and couldn't really do anything against Homelander.

Butcher's new Ouroboros-like abilities may put him in a similar kind of level, he tore Ezekiel apart and that dude also had super strength though probably nowhere on Homelander's level, but he can't control it yet, hell he doesn't even know what he did.

Ryan has the same power set as Homelander but he's a whiny teenager for now, but I guess he's Homelander's main weak spot at this point in the story.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's a classic The Flash versus X scenario. It's not about the blows, it's about doing other dumb shit. Detonating bombs to weaken him, threatening his son, doing other shit not a direct attack until it wears him down. He obviously wouldn't go toe-to-toe.