The Boys

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I mean, I think it's pretty clear that Homelander will ultimately be killed by his son, after Butcher steps back and lets Homelander ruin their relationship just being himself.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, I think it's pretty clear that Homelander will ultimately be killed by his son, after Butcher steps back and lets Homelander ruin their relationship just being himself.

I think a lot of people are expecting that, which means it might not happen for that very reason.

They're going to save Homelander dying for the final season. Given the plotline for the comics and the divergences by the show, Ryan being the one to finish off Homeland might be the closest thing to the comic version.

However, given what Butcher does/tries to do at the end of the comics, if they try to do that in the show it would make less sense with Ryan around unless Ryan became completely unhinged/Homelander 2.0. So I think it is highly likely that he gets killed either by the end of this season or early next season, most likely by Homelander.

If I had to guess, they'll setup a scene so it looks like Ryan will take down Homelander. Homelander will just automatically react and kill Ryan. Since Ryan is pretty much the only thing that keeps Homelander even semi-grounded, Homelander will just become completely unhinged at that point. Butcher would also presumably become unhinged and with Ryan gone, would have no qualms about killing all supes everywhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noah

Molten Core Raider
what I want to happen:
  • the deep brings sage to his place and they have a threesome with octopus
  • homelander does everyone a huge favor and kills ryan (got tired of trying to play daddy), starlight , and frenchie
  • stop with the bullshit of making butcher out to be a good guy
also its really lame what they did with noir compared to the comics

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they kill Homelander and Ryan goes nuts becoming Homelander 2.0 .

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wtf is up with Jeffrey Dean Morgan? They bill him in the promos and then he has had like 3 minutes of screentime through 4 episodes.

bigolas

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If Ryan is going to play a significant role, the poor actor better grow up fast because the little girl's voice doesn't match the monster he could become.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If Ryan is going to play a significant role, the poor actor better grow up fast because the little girl's voice doesn't match the monster he could become.

They wrote Walt out of Lost because he grew up too fast. I'm sure the actor will go through puberty well enough for your liking

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe they kill Homelander and Ryan goes nuts becoming Homelander 2.0 .
I think that would be a poor path to go on. The show doesn't work without Homelander. Ryan as an antagonist without Homelander around is completely meh to me.

Burns

Wtf is up with Jeffrey Dean Morgan? They bill him in the promos and then he has had like 3 minutes of screentime through 4 episodes.
Until Butcher's cancer worm (or whatever it is) showed up, I thought he was just another hallucination pushing Butcher to try to kill Homelander at whatever cost. Especially when they had the talk that made it sound like Butcher might have single handedly saved him from death. I don't recall any other character interacting with JDM's character, at all.

Maybe it's setting him up to play a major roll next season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
what I want to happen:
  • the deep brings sage to his place and they have a threesome with octopus
  • homelander does everyone a huge favor and kills ryan (got tired of trying to play daddy), starlight , and frenchie
  • stop with the bullshit of making butcher out to be a good guy
also its really lame what they did with noir compared to the comics
What happened to Noir in the comics?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Noir was a clone/twin of homelander that they kept around as a contingency plan to keep homelander in check. He was worse than homelander and would often frame homelander for crimes he had committed https://pure-evil-villains.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Noir
Oh wow, that's actually a pretty good idea and interesting. Too bad it doesn't seem like they explored it at all.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The show buildup for getting rid of Homelander is bad enough, they don't need a literal 2nd one of him around.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Oh wow, that's actually a pretty good idea and interesting. Too bad it doesn't seem like they explored it at all.

why have that intersting character when instead you can have a guy spend 2 seasons completely silent with no story’s then force in how he was oppressed as a black man because America is so racist it couldn’t have a black super hero so he was forced behind a mask and then beaten to retardation by an evil white rich kid. Thats real storytelling.

• 2Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Anyone try to find a single thing I said wrong about Noir and tell me this show isn’t SJW drivel “and no one is presented as good” some more. Yeah we are making this all up.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Its... not interesting at all. It's fucking stupid.

"These powers are impossible to keep in check, we made him too strong... how can we fix this?"

"Clone him"

"Perfect!"

That's real fuckin dumb as far as storytelling goes because it makes no goddamn sense

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
why have that intersting character when instead you can have a guy spend 2 seasons completely silent with no story’s then force in how he was oppressed as a black man because America is so racist it couldn’t have a black super hero so he was forced behind a mask and then beaten to retardation by an evil white rich kid. Thats real storytelling.
Because if he's a clone of homelander it sounds like he wasn't black in the comic books. I'm never going to read the stupid comic books, and just wondered how they differed from stupid Jew guy running the show and trying to shove every progressive and leftist talking point down your throat, because that makes quality film or TV.

Dude I don't like the show, I was just asking what happened in the comic. I think the show is terrible.

The first season was interesting, second season started getting iffy, and the third season was really bad. I tried watching a couple of these episodes of the new one and I have to just skip through most of it.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Its... not interesting at all. It's fucking stupid.

"These powers are impossible to keep in check, we made him too strong... how can we fix this?"

"Clone him"

"Perfect!"

That's real fuckin dumb as far as storytelling goes because it makes no goddamn sense
Look I never read comics but, it at least would have been more interesting than whats the show if you found out later on that he was a clone of homelander. Maybe that's just me, but it's a hell of a lot more interesting than what's currently happening.

I'm not trying to defend it whatsoever, I was just interested in what the hell but comic storyline was. I'm never going to read them, I figured I would ask. The response sounded at level up better than what is currently getting pumped out on Amazon.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Look I never read comics but, it at least would have been more interesting than whats the show if you found out later on that he was a clone of homelander. Maybe that's just me, but it's a hell of a lot more interesting than what's currently happening.

I'm not trying to defend it whatsoever, I was just interested in what the hell but comic storyline was. I'm never going to read them, I figured I would ask. The response sounded at level up better than what is currently getting pumped out on Amazon.

I never read them either but it's becoming apparent the source material isn't very good if that's the main reveal.

Most "ultra being" stories have a distinct, severe weakness for them. That's what makes them work. Superman is powerless around Kryptonite. Vampires die in the sun, etc.

The idea that the weakness is just one more version of the same ultra being is comical. What happens after they fight and one wins? If they don't just team up in the first place. Fucking lol.

This season is bad because Homelanders "weakness" of needing to feel loved has gone off the rails. So he wants to be worshipped and adored but apparently he also hates sycophants. So he's completely bipolar, unhinged, and unstoppable. How is that interesting and what macguffin exists to end the story after dragging it out so miserably?

Last edited:
  • 1Like