The D&D thread

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Don't you think that's a reach without knowing exactly what happened? I didn't think this topic would follow the path it has and didn't think that giving a detailed framing of the situation was necessary.

They did screw up and they knew they did. They also knew that killing the goblins as quickly/quietly as possible and then getting the hell away from there was priority #1. Based on our conversations, there's no reason for me to believe they wouldn't have been successful. Physically going through the motion of rolling dice to hit and deal damage wouldn't have changed the outcome, at all. The only risk was being heard or seen by someone other than the goblins and the rolls favored them.

It also helps that the slave pens are in an area of the city that is essentially a farm and sparsely populated. Which is why they chose to take that path in the first place.
Yea I think you handled it really well. Players were allowed agency and part of that was an excellent choice. They spent a resource on the silence spell for the mistake by choice not forced. 10/10 no notes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, guys - I have a pdf for literally every official and 3rd party D&D book, boxed set, module, etc. from 1st edition forward and really don't mind taking requests. I also have a lot of Pathfinder, but it's not complete.

You just need a method to receive the files. Some of them are hundreds of megs in size.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also have a MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSIVE library of maps. Not that random shit you can Google, I mean the high-quality shit you have to buy. However, I do have an art style preference and the cartoony shit isn't for me. if you Google Heroic Maps, Beneos Battlemaps, Dynamic Dungeons, and Advanced Battlemaps you'll get an idea of what I have. I've been a patron of 15 map-makers every month for years now and the amount of shit I have is borderline retarded. I had to buy another SSD to store the shit.

Music, ambient sound, and effects as well, but I'm not getting in to brokering that shit. PDFs and maps is all I'm willing to share with you fuckers.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I also have a MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSIVE library of maps. Not that random shit you can Google, I mean the high-quality shit you have to buy. However, I do have an art style preference and the cartoony shit isn't for me. if you Google Heroic Maps, Beneos Battlemaps, Dynamic Dungeons, and Advanced Battlemaps you'll get an idea of what I have. I've been a patron of 15 map-makers every month for years now and the amount of shit I have is borderline retarded. I had to buy another SSD to store the shit.

Music, ambient sound, and effects as well, but I'm not getting in to brokering that shit. PDFs and maps is all I'm willing to share with you fuckers.
I have too many gigs of dynamic dungeons stuff :(

• 1Solidarity