The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm also enjoying Trevor as the new host. The skits and writing seem just as good as with Stewart and I expect Trevor will continue to improve as he gets more comfortable.

The Nightly Show is fucking terrible. I'm not sure how anyone can find Larry Wilmore funny.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched it for the first time since the switchover last night, and yea, he seems to be in good stride already - not perfectly polished, but definitely proving well-placed. Absolutely leagues ahead of where Jon was his first month.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed him plenty on the Daily show but his show has a terrible format I can't get over.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I can't change the channel fast enough when Wilmore comes on. I have only watched Trevor Noah once and he seemed all right but it's hard for him to speak with the authority that Stewart had just because he's so young and his protruding ears make him look even younger.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
By pairing him up with John Oliver.

I actually liked him as a correspondent a lot. But his show is pretty bad. I think some of it is the format and constant focus on race stuff. When he has a decent panel covering something non-racial there's usually some good laughs.
Yeah, TDS had(and seems to still have) great writers. Who the fuck thought putting these two idiots with Bill Nye was a good idea?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Poor Bill having to deal with those idiot troglodytes. He looked down right offended by those two window lickers.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Necroing this because I finally got around to watching a few episodes, and Trevor Noah isn't even 1/100th the comedian John Stewart was. Show is cringeworthy now. I wonder how long it's going to remain on air, assuming I'm not unique in my opinion.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Every clip that's supposedly funny I've seen of him on the Daily Show has been disjointed. He frequently relies on the "resident adjacent" perspective while Jon was the "concerned citizen". It just doesn't work for political commentary. Jon said "I don't know about you guys but last time I was ..." whereas Trevor says "I may not be American but where I come from football means soccer hurrrdurrr voting".

Just completely meh in every segment I've seen. I only assume they are the best put out as "singles" because they've never motivated me to watch a compete episode.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Necroing this because I finally got around to watching a few episodes, and Trevor Noah isn't even 1/100th the comedian John Stewart was. Show is cringeworthy now. I wonder how long it's going to remain on air, assuming I'm not unique in my opinion.
I agree. Show went from the one of the funniest and wittiest shows on TV to just terrible.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i stopped watching TDS/TNS as well, i'll watch if a guest I like is on but he has some real D-list people on now. Its fucked up but my go to nightly show now is Jimmy Fallon

I wish Chappelle, Louis CK or Bill Burr would do a nightly news show. Shit, do it out of your house and interview people on skype i'd watch that shit still.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I like Jimmy Fallon, but when you have to do so many jokes every night, 90% of them are terrible. I also hate how each guest only gets like 2 minutes on camera.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Haha, a Bill Burr night show would last like two weeks before no one would show up on anymore because he pissed everybody off. It would be a glorious two weeks.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Bill Burr would be deemed too sexist, though he would be an awesome pick. He's basically the low calorie version of Sam Kinison.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't watched a full episode as i don't have cable, but I like what I've seen on YouTube. His execution was a bit odd for me at first but once I found some of his good ones, all the rest seemed better.
However, now as with before, I fucking hate the correspondants and all that they say and do (I realize this includes John Oliver. He's great standalone, but stuck out sorely as support)