The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Faggot Viacom and Suddenlink. I don't get Comedy Central anymore.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. It's a weird thing though. It's easier to make a point with humor than with hellfire.

When Rush started, he used to incorporate a lot of humor into his show, and then he started switching over more and more to hellfire. He got people listening with the humor. Jon's a lot smarter. He kept them listening with the humor.

I'm not saying Rush = Stewart, not at all just that the pattern of what they do have similarities. It's not an observation on the content of what they do. An awful lot of people from all walks know who George Carlin was as well. He didn't influence policy directly or anything like that, that wasn't his bag... but people listened to him. It used to be newspaper editorialists. We don't remember their names because why in the hell would we, but if you can inject humor into your writing then you have a leg up on the guy who can't. I'm pretty sure that Mark Twain used to write for a newspaper.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. It's a weird thing though. It's easier to make a point with humor than with hellfire.

When Rush started, he used to incorporate a lot of humor into his show, and then he started switching over more and more to hellfire. He got people listening with the humor. Jon's a lot smarter. He kept them listening with the humor.

I'm not saying Rush = Stewart, not at all just that the pattern of what they do have similarities. It's not an observation on the content of what they do. An awful lot of people from all walks know who George Carlin was as well. He didn't influence policy directly or anything like that, that wasn't his bag... but people listened to him. It used to be newspaper editorialists. We don't remember their names because why in the hell would we, but if you can inject humor into your writing then you have a leg up on the guy who can't. I'm pretty sure that Mark Twain used to write for a newspaper.
There's absolutely no similarity.

Jon Stewart's show was fundamentally about pointing out hypocrisy and laughing at it.

Rush Limbaugh's show was about being the biggest, fattest, loudest hypocrite possible.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
There's absolutely no similarity.

Jon Stewart's show was fundamentally about pointing out hypocrisy and laughing at it.

Rush Limbaugh's show was about being the biggest, fattest, loudest hypocrite possible.
There is some similarity. Both are talented at what they provide their viewership. I could think of no one more appropriate than Rush to speak to his special snowflakes.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I really hope Trevor does well with the brand.

I watched him on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee and I was impressed. Sounds like he has mad work ethic.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Did they intentionally use the same music as the F4 trailer? If not that's an ill omen.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
its a famous kanye west song, the video is pretty... kanye

Saints Row 3....

Jumping out of a helicopter into a penthouse landing into a pool and MURDERING THE FUCK OUT OF EVERYBODY, to that song is just about the greatest moment in a video game i have had in the past decade.

exactly this but i was wearing green and straight murdering with a pistol.

"i don't need yo pussy im on my own dick"

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Big shoes to fill...I feel like they should have just ended the show but can see why they wouldn't want to.
Jon also left the show right as the election is heating up. It should give Noah a good head start.

spronk

FPS noob
glad to see you also use jason statham as your saints row voice

that and the bits where he sings along 80s songs in the car with pierce are really memorable gaming moments

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
glad to see you also use jason statham as your saints row voice

that and the bits where he sings along 80s songs in the car with pierce are really memorable gaming moments
I like to think my guy is a Black Irish ex-IRA with a penchant for purple eyeshadow, wears green,grey, and dark purple accents. Like an older Colin Farrell with a more british refinement
tongue.png

spronk

FPS noob
Really enjoying Trevor Noah as the new TDS host. It basically just feels like the old TDS and the new correspondents seem very good. His interviews are stiill not quite as tight but he is doing way, way better than I ever expected. I don't even agree with his gun positions but they were very smart points that made sense.

Glad to see Jessica is still on, her new hair style is dope as fuck. Roy Black Guy is funny as fuck especially paired with the skinny tall white guy.

I think this is just gonna be my go to show like before, I like Colbert but his episodes are way too long to watch all the time and his show feels a bit bland still. I haven't watched The Nightly Show in a while and everything I read says its a complete and utter disaster, wonder how long before CC pulls it.