The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right, and I get that. But then we spend pages and pages on this message board getting all upset about it. And that's why my question is -- do any of you actually care?
If your division wasn't trash, would you care if one of the teams in it got caught cheating multiple times?

Going to funny when the NFL comes down on them for meeting with him before they are allowed to.
There's no rules against players meeting players.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
And that folks is set, and match.
LOL, when your wits fail you, just claim victory and hope it sticks.

His girlfriend probably used it on him when she got caught fucking other dudes, since it worked so well he thought it would work here with us.

Tom Brady Suspension CBS New York

Good, cheating scum.
If it's going to be year long, it needs to be handed down quickly so the pats can make plans. The longer they wait, the lower the punishment will probably be.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Going to funny when the NFL comes down on them for meeting with him before they are allowed to.
What Sutekh said, plus the rule is about teams meeting him at school. Jerry is about as likely to get his wrist slapped as Rex is for having dinner with him.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well every team in the league has been caught cheating... Sooo
1273.gif

LOL, when your wits fail you, just claim victory and hope it sticks.

If it's going to be year long, it needs to be handed down quickly so the pats can make plans. The longer they wait, the lower the punishment will probably be.
The NFL has sat on substantial suspensions before. Look at Josh Gordon's case.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Cueing Lost Virtue (I think?) or whoever is the Louisville fan.

How the fuck did Gerod Holliman fall to us in the 7th round when he was the Jim Thorpe winner and had 14 ints (and got Winston twice in the same game this year). How do you win this award and get on this list with these kinds of names and go in round 7?

Jim Thorpe Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everyone said he was a lock to be a round 1-2 guy before....I know some said he wasnt a physical tackler but there are plenty of dbs who go to the NFL needing to polish their tackling. Daniel Jeremiah had mocked him to us in round 1 back in like January or something.....I just dont get it. Guy has unreal ball skills from what I watched on tape.
Teams are worried about his tackling ability. That can be taught, reading defenses and QBs like he did cannot. You guys got a steal... I think 3rd round was what I was aiming for him. His combine (or lack-there-of) wasn't great either.

His shoulder injury didn't help him either. He played a lot more scared after it and stopped being as aggressive.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When I first read the article about teams ability to contact them I misread the part about being at school or his residence, which doesn't make sense if they can just meet elsewhere. Why even have the rule then

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like more than players to me
Why wouldn't they be allowed to meet with an undrafted free agent?
Teams canel Collins, yet | ProFootballTalk

"Clubs are prohibited from visiting a player who was eligible for the 2015 Draftat his campus or residence if the player has withdrawn from school and final exams have yet to conclude at the school," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT via email. "This includes drafted players, any undrafted players that have signed as free agents, and any undrafted players that have yet to sign."

They can pay for him to fly to Jerryworld and meet there, or like Rex Ryan did and meet him at Applebeas for snacks.

When I first read the article about teams ability to contact them I misread the part about being at school or his residence, which doesn't make sense if they can just meet elsewhere. Why even have the rule then
The rule is probably so students and athletes at the campus don't get distracted by NFL teams showing up during finals. It's setup this way so if one person want's to be negligent about their education they can do it and it only affects themselves rather than affecting the entire campus.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Would be a huge get if Jerry can snag him. 1st round talent for UDFA money, makes one of the best lines in Football potentially better. Can play Guard for a couple of years before kicking out to RT to replace Free.

One sec, need to wipe up the drool.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would be a huge get if Jerry can snag him. 1st round talent for UDFA money, makes one of the best lines in Football potentially better. Can play Guard for a couple of years before kicking out to RT to replace Free.

One sec, need to wipe up the drool.
Collins has already explicitly stated that he has two pre-reqs for playing with a team.

1. Must start at Tackle.
2. Must be contenders.

At least one of those isn't possible with the Cowboys, you decide which!

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
it's hard for people who get caught to realize that it taints everything, not just what you were caught doing.

all i care about now is how the fuck do i pronounce br*dy?