The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
Not familiar with this kid. If he's first round talent, why was he undrafted?
Meh, Ambi got it. Anyway, NFL Executive of the Year in action!

jerry-jones-dance-o_zps969298e8.gif

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not butthurt, I'm sure every team would have been willing to do it given that amount of money....but I seriously doubt this will be allowed to happen again due to how precious picks are in the first place. Rare situation or not, loopholes are loopholes.

And if you dont think this loophole will be closed you are even dumber than I originally thought. Which is pretty much guaranteed.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Just to temper expectations, this really does mean nothing until the cleats hit the turf. The potential is there for greatness but that's just it: potential. He still has to make it through training camp and beat out two established guys, who I might add were already going to be a part of what many consider a great line already. At worst this is a hell of an insurance policy.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Add to what the NFL thought it wasn't just his ex that got murdered, but potentially his unborn child as well, which wasn't known at the time

Column_sl

shitlord
Just to temper expectations, this really does mean nothing until the cleats hit the turf. The potential is there for greatness but that's just it: potential. He still has to make it through training camp and beat out two established guys, who I might add were already going to be a part of what many consider a great line already. At worst this is a hell of an insurance policy.
The other benefit is we keep him off other teams if he proves to be great.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Add to what the NFL thought it wasn't just his ex that got murdered, but potentially his unborn child as well, which wasn't known at the time
Yes I'm sure NFL teams were taking into account whether he was going to get life in prison or the death penalty.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's not butthurt, I'm sure every team would have been willing to do it given that amount of money....but I seriously doubt this will be allowed to happen again due to how precious picks are in the first place. Rare situation or not, loopholes are loopholes.

And if you dont think this loophole will be closed you are even dumber than I originally thought. Which is pretty much guaranteed.
What exactly is the loophole? No team drafted him. Everyone thought he was too dangerous to draft. Then he wasn't. It's just the timing of it. He actually asked to be placed in the supplemental draft or to be allowed in next year's draft but what kind of rule are you going to make that doesn't affect all players who don't get drafted? Perception of talent?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's a weird situation overall, he lost tons of money but on the other hand he got to choose where he wanted to play.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

There's already a system for this, it's called the supplemental draft.

The NFL refused to put him in it, however. So, no, I really doubt they'll make a second system to prevent things like this

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's a weird situation overall, he lost tons of money but on the other hand he got to choose where he wanted to play.
That's where the butthurt comes in. Collins will get as much as anyone drafted late second round or later AND he got to choose who he played for. The protections for teams to avoid having things like this happen exist already. That's why the draft is there. The truth is there is no loophole. Everyone passed on him. Multiple times. That puts all the power in his hands.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jerry Jones found his way to beat the salary cap system. Just pay off law enforcement to "question" top draft picks every year a couple days before the draft and then pick them up as UDFA while sliding them cash under the table.

That sick son of a bitch.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Anyone who thinks Brady will be out for a season is one serious crack.

Roethlisberger raped a girl and only got 4 games.

Dolphins still don't win the division this year. Sorry =(

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who thinks Brady will be out for a season is one serious crack.

Roethlisberger raped a girl and only got 4 games.

Dolphins still don't win the division this year. Sorry =(
Didn't realize he was convicted. I thought they were allegations that were dropped. Also, how did raping a girl change the outcome of any games?

Face it, one thing is cheating, the other thing is about character.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Won't they be punishing him for conduct detrimental to the league and not specifically for cheating? While the punishment might carry the weight of cheating it won't actually be for cheating I don't think.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Collins' representatives had told clubs that Collins would refuse to sign with a team that drafted him outside the third round and that Collins would simply re-enter the draft in 2016. However, that is not an option according to NFL rules, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday. Teams were wary of drafting Collins until they know more information. The opinion across football has been relatively simple: Wait until the investigation process runs its course.
Any of you Cowgirl fans who think this isn't shady are pretty blind, or too busy patting yourselves on the back for Belichecking your way into a high round player.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jerry Jones found his way to beat the salary cap system. Just pay off law enforcement to "question" top draft picks every year a couple days before the draft and then pick them up as UDFA while sliding them cash under the table.

That sick son of a bitch.
Don't forget the pregnant woman he had assassinated