The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Baltimore Ravens, leading the league in felonies and fun.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think anyone who watched Sapp play could forget how much of a scumbag he is.

Sapp's wikipedia article sure is a trip down memory lane. That hit on Chad Clifton is still just unreal in how blatantly dirty it was. I hope he told the cops to "put a jersey on" when they were booking him. Fellow shithead LaVar Arrington threatened him if he came running through the Redskins warmup lines. Looking back, it's truly a shame that they couldn't have taken each other out.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone is talking about the Hawks potential cap issues, while the Pats also have a brutal cap situation this year and next.

A huge number of core players are FA or heading into FA next year. Revis and McCourty are the two most important ones, it's very possible just signing those two takes up nearly all cap space. Ghost, Dan Connolly and Akeem Ayers, and Vereen are guys the team may want to re-sign also.

Next year after they will have an even bigger issue with Chandler Jones, Hightower, and Solder all hitting FA in their primes.

Looking at guys to cut/trade.

Would any team give up a pick for Jared Mayo? He's still an excellent Lb when healthy but Hightower and Collins are better at this point. I think he gets cut otherwise.

Amendola could be cut to save a bit over 2m.

Wilfork would save a large amount of cash.... It's something the team needs to think about. I think I would rather save the 8m at this point..

Would anyone be willing to trade for Arrington? Cutting him is also possible.

Overall I think the team could potentially have 15-20m to spend after revis and McCourty, if they cut aggressively.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think people just have trouble getting in a panic over the Pats since they've managed it for this long. It's a relatively new position for Seattle to be in while the Pats have proven for the past decade that they'll find a way.

Everyone is talking about the Hawks potential cap issues, while the Pats also have a brutal cap situation this year and next.

A huge number of core players are FA or heading into FA next year. Revis and McCourty are the two most important ones, it's very possible just signing those two takes up nearly all cap space. Ghost, Dan Connolly and Akeem Ayers, and Vereen are guys the team may want to re-sign also.

Next year after they will have an even bigger issue with Chandler Jones, Hightower, and Solder all hitting FA in their primes.

Looking at guys to cut/trade.

Would any team give up a pick for Jared Mayo? He's still an excellent Lb when healthy but Hightower and Collins are better at this point. I think he gets cut otherwise.

Amendola could be cut to save a bit over 2m.

Wilfork would save a large amount of cash.... It's something the team needs to think about. I think I would rather save the 8m at this point..

Would anyone be willing to trade for Arrington? Cutting him is also possible.

Overall I think the team could potentially have 15-20m to spend after revis and McCourty, if they cut aggressively.
no sir, mccourty will be franchised. they'll have almost 30 million even with Revis. And they've already exercised their 2015 option on Solder. Also Jones & hightower are locked up through 2015

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
The cap means nothing in the NFL, anyone talking about it hindering a team is fucking retarded.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The cap means nothing in the NFL, anyone talking about it hindering a team is fucking retarded.
Unless of course...there IS no cap for a year.

Then they can handicap your team for 2 seasons for spending too much when there was no cap.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think people just have trouble getting in a panic over the Pats since they've managed it for this long. It's a relatively new position for Seattle to be in while the Pats have proven for the past decade that they'll find a way.
^This. The Pats know how to manage the salary cap and they aren't afraid to let people go and develop new people. Also they still have Tom Brady who is not only willing to take pay cuts for the team, but also covers for a lot of weaknesses elsewhere in the offense. Seattle has never been in this situation before.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Seahawks are about to shell out for Wilson. As a 3rd round pick he only got a 3 year contract without the team option given to 1st rounders.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Wilson will get money like he's Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers even though he's not nearly as good. It's a pretty ridiculous situation where teams are pretty much forced to pay top dollar for mediocre quarterbacks. It seems like with 300 million people in the US, there would be 32 guys capable of playing quarterback at the top level if it pays $20M a year but there just aren't.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a lot of uncontrollable factors that go into play when it comes to playing QB, one being; most are freakishly tall.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is actually pretty true. Every year for a decade I've heard people talking about the Redskins and Cowboys going into the offseason and how precarious their cap situation is. Come training camp and they've moved money around and there's absolutely no issue.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is actually pretty true. Every year for a decade I've heard people talking about the Redskins and Cowboys going into the offseason and how precarious their cap situation is. Come training camp and they've moved money around and there's absolutely no issue.
Yeah, because they let people go instead of resigning them. For example, the Cowboys would have surely kept Demarcus Ware if JJ could have spent however much money he wanted.