The Division 2

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The game will forever have factions fighting for control points and such. You're able to level them up by taking out linked objectives to make them more difficult and get access to new drops.

And I hope their is at least another difficulty beyond heroic. Only reason challenging is difficult currently is the tuning that allows the occasion one shot, but otherwise once geared well and optimized it's not much different than hard. Legendary in Div 1 was super fun even when I got to the point where I could solo them.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Hey!
So does all the min/maxing create this mod, get the only if you jump to the left 16 times at 2 am Gun really really matter or are they Epeen?
In other words am I going to find that I semi fucked myself by not doing X,Q,K items when I was a youngun (currently lvl 21?) or is it really all fine unless you're doing pvp or what have you.
I'm not looking for Tell Me a Story mode but I'd love to know if I'm being an idiot by not taking advantage of this time when I'm a wee lad etc etc. I'm no completionist by any means but hey gotta ask. Are any of these hard to get things necessary for the Future?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Make what weapon mods you can as you level, saves you later. You'll make them all eventually anyhow, and none of them are critical.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Cool man thanks.
I was seeing all of this only use your left hand on even numbered days and then do it at such and such corner (but only once a week!) that I wondered if I should give a shit.

Btw. I'd appreciate it if whoever is running the PC Clan would accept the invite request from Aremanios.
Thanks!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Cool man thanks.
I was seeing all of this only use your left hand on even numbered days and then do it at such and such corner (but only once a week!) that I wondered if I should give a shit.

Btw. I'd appreciate it if whoever is running the PC Clan would accept the invite request from Aremanios.
Thanks!

I will grab you in the clan in a little bit.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Me and my friend finally made it to 30. We still have like 10 side quests to do, a few SHD tech cache to find, 2-3 Control points to clear before we take on the strongholds and get to WT1.

We've been enjoying this a lot more than we both expected.

Aside from enemies spawning behind you way too often, and by behind you I mean right on top of you. It gets a bit frustrating sometimes since often you die before you even have time to react.

The AI is so aggressive in it's flanking, and I get caught so often because I have tunnel vision trying to snipe someone that I totally miss the flankers going around. :)

Hosix

All labs matter!
Me and my friend finally made it to 30. We still have like 10 side quests to do, a few SHD tech cache to find, 2-3 Control points to clear before we take on the strongholds and get to WT1.

We've been enjoying this a lot more than we both expected.

Aside from enemies spawning behind you way too often, and by behind you I mean right on top of you. It gets a bit frustrating sometimes since often you die before you even have time to react.

The AI is so aggressive in it's flanking, and I get caught so often because I have tunnel vision trying to snipe someone that I totally miss the flankers going around. :)

Ya they flank like crazy. I try to use the turret to protect one side.

What still gets me and it’s been mentioned before....guys throwing Molotov cocktails. They have a canon for an arm!

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I stopped being mad about grenades and molotovs after I realized that when they stop the spam and rush you it's even worse. The SMGs throwers carry can do 200k+ dmg in about a second; it's almost as annoying as getting one-shot by any enemy's melee on heroic (and even on challenging I'm left with no armor and only a couple pixels of hp).

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

you really don't need to give a shit. For a while I was stashing away everything I thought might be useful but the reality is soooooo much loot drops in this game that there are only a tiny handful of things to give a shit about:

1. farm hyena keys using some of the videos above, they are useful in building the chatterbox exotic and keys are on a timer where you can only loot ~30 keys every 24 hours, you only "need" 4-15 hyena keys to build a single chatterbox so its really not that bad but with some bad RNG it can take a few days since you are gated on keys and then the chests that the keys unlock may not drop the parts you need.

2. you may get a level 1 D50 Eagle Pistol, KEEP IT dont dismantle it! Its a yellow high end but level 1 weirdly, you need it to create the Liberty exotic

3. as you level up to gearscore 425 just equip anything new that looks like an upgrade and don't stress too much about min/maxing. I did all the missions in hard mode with random ass guns and gear and they really aren't that difficult with a flame turret and hanging back and staying in cover. They are far easier with matchmaking since most of them have respawn zones so you just need 1 guy to run away and stay alive if things go south. I have never once used voice comms for anything. Each World Tier unlocks as you complete the strongholds in order, you have to have a minimum gearscore for it to "count" as complete even though the matchmaker will let you in at any GS.

4. there are a few decent things to stash away for upgrades later, but again you get soooo much loot i wouldn't stress hard about it they will come again. Honestly you'll just find yourself liking a certain gun and play style - SMGs, LMGs, Rifles, snipers - and once you figure out the talents that work for you, just stash a few of em away so you can recombine future gear. I just dismantled all the shit I had in my stash because I get so much loot every game session.

5. once you start hitting gearscore 440-450 you'll just work on building a decent gear load out for yourself, trying to get the exact right talents and perks on all your weapons and gear. The XP loot box (every "ding") and the clan loot box (weekly) give higher gearscore drops than your current GS, ideally you get some with decent stats and then infuse your existing 450 gear into them (rinse and repeat at 500 in a week).

6. But again, its really, really not that important. The hardest content, challenging mode right now, can be done in really shit gear you just will do it faster and die a lot less if everyone is better equipped. I've cleared almost all the challenging content in pugs without too much frustration.

7. When Basin releases next friday it'll raise your gear score cap to 500 once you finish it, so really whatever loadout you have now is just to ensure you can do Basin without being super frustrated. I can't imagine it being insanely hard at the normal difficulty which is all you'll need afaik to hit WT5. After that its back to releveling to 500 then refarming all your gear to just more +gooderer because the next goal after that will be to get geared up for the future raid.

8. all of this is ignoring PVP which is a very different build/spec to PVE. SMGs seem to be pretty insane buildouts in PVP.

9. mod blueprints (attachments to guns/gear) can be farmed via control point farming, i haven't done any of it and don't really know how but something to do once you hit WT4

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

2. you may get a level 1 D50 Eagle Pistol, KEEP IT dont dismantle it! Its a yellow high end but level 1 weirdly, you need it to create the Liberty exotic
IIRC the D50 has to be level 30 (GS250) in order to be used in the recipe. One of the weapon spreadsheets said they don't start dropping until WT2 anyway, cannot confirm that for sure though.

6. But again, its really, really not that important. The hardest content, challenging mode right now, can be done in really shit gear you just will do it faster and die a lot less if everyone is better equipped. I've cleared almost all the challenging content in pugs without too much frustration.
Technically the hardest content is heroic bounties and CP+4's. Solo is much easier/less tedious than doing stuff in a full group too. Duo is probably the easiest of all, since you still aren't fighting mega-bullet-sponges but have someone to get your ass up if you do get overwhelmed.

------------------------
Unrelated PSA, since I still see people talking about this on reddit and maybe some of you here run into the same issue -- Clutch does not have an internal cooldown. The thing people are missing is that ARs (and everything else except SMGs/Shotguns/Pistols) have a crit range, which starts 10m out. The moment an enemy gets within 10m of you you can no longer crit them and can't get any heals from Clutch. You need to switch to your SMG at that point, and if you don't have one equipped then drop chems and hope for the best.

Crone

The last time I used the healing chem launcher, I had to hit Q , then scroll the mouse so I was looking straight down at my feet, and then launch it in order to heal myself. Was I doing this wrong? Most of the skills have a "activate on self" option, but I feel like it wasn't working for me with the chem launcher.

Also, to spronk spronk 's suggestion, gonna try the flame turret, and see how that goes.

Vorph

The last time I used the healing chem launcher, I had to hit Q , then scroll the mouse so I was looking straight down at my feet, and then launch it in order to heal myself. Was I doing this wrong? Most of the skills have a "activate on self" option, but I feel like it wasn't working for me with the chem launcher.

Also, to spronk spronk 's suggestion, gonna try the flame turret, and see how that goes.
From what I've read PC kb/m players have issues with quick launching chems at their feet (probably affects other skills too, like tapping the button to place a turret directly on the cover you're hiding behind). You can either double tap the key, or there's another keybind for "Instant Use Skills" or something like that which has the same effect.

Flame turret is strong in areas where you can cover a choke point with it, but it's just too inconvenient to give up either chem launcher or revive hive for anything else imo.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
It works for me, double hitting your assigned button should drop it at your feet.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
From what I've read PC kb/m players have issues with quick launching chems at their feet (probably affects other skills too, like tapping the button to place a turret directly on the cover you're hiding behind). You can either double tap the key, or there's another keybind for "Instant Use Skills" or something like that which has the same effect.

Flame turret is strong in areas where you can cover a choke point with it, but it's just too inconvenient to give up either chem launcher or revive hive for anything else imo.
This is what I did. Just rebound Q to instant use.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If you lag your double tap for the chem launcher by a microsecond it will fuck up and you will fire it in front of you. Also, if you just popped it and die your revive hive will not go off. Very annoying.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you lag your double tap for the chem launcher by a microsecond it will fuck up and you will fire it in front of you. Also, if you just popped it and die your revive hive will not go off. Very annoying.
There's a global cool down between using abilities, so if you just used one, the other won't fire off for a solid 1.5s it seems.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
There are a few people that applied to the guild on PC and im not sure if they are forum people, so please say so if you asked to join!

Crone

fa5080460e7b7820d31e64c19cc91316.png

That's what I'm looking for to craft something? I see you guys talking about it a lot.