The Division 2

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Only thing you could zoom in this game was the 10x scope I think it was or was it the 20x? anyway its a 3rd person cover shooter. Not a FPS. It had a style of its own that you get used to the more you play until it feels good.

Cybsled

Haven't tried a looter-shooter since Outriders, so might give this a go

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely worth a gaming tourist run through. If you're a completionist this will frustrate you.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Did they ever add the QOL things that The Division 1 had when 2 launched?

Same problem with Destiny... Destiny 2 launched with a worse QOL than D1, and for whatever reason the first few patches were not adding those QOL things D1 had added when D2 went feature complete.

Interchange "Division" and "Destiny" when talking about D1 and D2 in this context, because they made the exact same mistakes regarding QOL.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So far it's kinda fun. I'm a bit disappointed in the weapon options from the standpoint of a real FPS customization. They only seem to add stats which aren't really perceptible. I'll probably continue to chip away at the story when I get bored. While I appreciate there aren't piles of useless loot, it's also unfortunate when you run a dry spell without weapon types you like at your level. Right now I have an m1 which is fun.

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far it's kinda fun. I'm a bit disappointed in the weapon options from the standpoint of a real FPS customization. They only seem to add stats which aren't really perceptible. I'll probably continue to chip away at the story when I get bored. While I appreciate there aren't piles of useless loot, it's also unfortunate when you run a dry spell without weapon types you like at your level. Right now I have an m1 which is fun.
If you like assault rifles, the crafted police m4 will carry you until the end if you make a new one every few levels. Also the ctar-21 is a beast while leveling but not so good at the end.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you like assault rifles, the crafted police m4 will carry you until the end if you make a new one every few levels. Also the ctar-21 is a beast while leveling but not so good at the end.
Honestly I kinda like the battle rifle style. I just wish there were some smaller zoom optics. IDK if it would really matter just on account of auto aim type stuff but would be a bit more dynamic.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly I kinda like the battle rifle style. I just wish there were some smaller zoom optics. IDK if it would really matter just on account of auto aim type stuff but would be a bit more dynamic.
If you tap alt when aiming some scopes worked, pretty sure one of the 4x does. It's been a while since I've played

Palum

what Suineg set it to
lmao the story in this is peak Tom Clancy alt history "but what if Cold War America still existed". The whole riots because of quarantine thing didn't age well lol.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit does no one play this game, lol.

I always wanted to be a Destiny guy, and I bought 1 and 2 and most of the expansions and I realized that I just fucking hate Destiny. It's like a pretentious art fag who literally understands nothing about life, the universe, or anything and just won't stop fucking trying to read poems to you.

THIS game, though, wandering through a destroyed Washington DC is just the perfect setting. I often stop and stare in wonder at the destroyed monuments, the decayed buildings, and the moldy remains of our 'betters'.

Only thing that would make this game perfect would be mods to make all my team White.

Oh well, can't have it all. Excuse me, I'm going to go teabag the lincoln memorial.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The biggest thing is they could never get the loot right in this game. Too many stats, too many prefix and suffix, name brand, perks..etc.etc.. which all leads to a mess. Then you have like TONS of it constantly dropping everywhere and its just hard to deal with. Speaking of myself, I always pick up the yellows because its too much to go through it all on the spot, so then you go through it at your leisure and youre just overwhelmed by it all. So I end up deleting all of it by just sheer frustration. IDK why the had to make it so complicated. And this is like the third iteration of their loot system, lol.

ITs fun, dont get me wrong, ive spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in this game. But in the end its still a looter shooter and they never got the looter part of it right.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

I beat the base game, then some new guys showed up. Apparently you have to rank up to get to the NY expansion. I stopped playing around then

The loot system is pretty confusing due to its complexity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The biggest thing is they could never get the loot right in this game. Too many stats, too many prefix and suffix, name brand, perks..etc.etc.. which all leads to a mess. Then you have like TONS of it constantly dropping everywhere and its just hard to deal with. Speaking of myself, I always pick up the yellows because its too much to go through it all on the spot, so then you go through it at your leisure and youre just overwhelmed by it all. So I end up deleting all of it by just sheer frustration. IDK why the had to make it so complicated. And this is like the third iteration of their loot system, lol.

ITs fun, dont get me wrong, ive spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in this game. But in the end its still a looter shooter and they never got the looter part of it right.

Pretty much this. Loved the game regardless and can't wait for the sequel.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yep. I could never get the hang of the wonky itemization. It took great effort to figure out if new items you got were an upgrade or not.
Otherwise the game has some great, fun concepts and it’d be cool to see it fixed / get a better sequel.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Except now with Outlaws and the pure woke shit that will become, and that same guy leading Div 3, wouldn't be surprised if the Division 3 is about protecting liberal rights to protest at this point :p

Chat GBT to the rescue of what this will be:

"Write a synopsis of Division 3 game but woke"

"In the utopian society of Division 3, where fairness and equity reign supreme, a spirited game unfolds on the hallowed grounds of the playing field. As the whistle blows, diverse teams, representing various walks of life, converge in a harmonious display of athleticism and cooperation."

"The players, each embodying the intersectionality of their identities, showcase their skills with grace and respect. There are no winners or losers here, only participants in a collective journey towards shared understanding and unity."

" Through strategic maneuvers and empathetic teamwork, the athletes challenge stereotypes and dismantle barriers, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone's contributions are valued. Amidst cheers of solidarity from the stands, they celebrate not just the game, but the bonds forged in mutual respect and acceptance."

Marketing tagline: "In Division 3, victory is measured not by points on a scoreboard, but by the strides taken towards a more equitable society, both on and off the field."

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're way overcomplicating the loot thing. The only stats that really matter for almost all builds are crit chance and damage. Even if your item is blue, you still probably want the secondary stats to be CC and CHD. When you look at loot it should be immediately obvious if it can be recalibrated+optimized into something useful since once you get to a base level of gear the chance for an actual upgrade is miniscule.

It's further simplified by the existence of Contractor's/Deathgrip gloves and Fox's Prayer kneepads, which make every other item in those slots irrelevant for the vast majority of builds. Mask is about the only slot that's really wide open and will make you want to collect a bunch of different shit. Vest too, but to a much lesser extent (since The Sacrifice is often a no-brainer). Holster you normally will just use a Grupo. BP, get a Memento unless your build makes picking up trophies inconvenient and in that case you probably want The Gift.

Skill builds are even easier to itemize for. BP and Vest you always want the named ones from Empress/Hana-U/Alps, every other slot needs to be some combination of Empress (3pc) and Hana (2 pc), also 1pc Wyvern if you don't use the Alps BP. Anything that can't be recalibrated to skill dmg and haste is trash. Not sure how the new Brazos brand fits in, I haven't played a skill build in ages since they're really only suited to farming gear for a real build when you're new to the game imo.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users