The Elder Scrolls Online

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
ok... hold on

The PvP could potentially meet the same fate as WAR

AND

The PvE is broken (note this is an Elder Scrolls game)

Is there any need for further discussion? Did it really take 338 pages to acknowledge solidify these problems?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
ok... hold on

AND

Is there any need for further discussion? Did it really take 338 pages to acknowledge solidify these problems?
If you choose to believe all the stuff Utnayan is spewing out.

OF course if you want to get some info on PVP you can check out the numerous reviews that were released today. Pretty much all of the reviews have been positive so far which I imagine is why Utnayan has turned his hate campaign up to 11.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
ok... hold on

AND

rrr_img_60236.jpg

Blackwulf

N00b
Sweet. .teso tweet:mad:GuldTasken Roleplayers will be able to set preferences when logging into the megaserver that will group them with other roleplayers.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
ok... hold on

AND

PVP will likely meet the same fate as GW2 but last not nearly as long or be as fun. They have a 90 day campaign so what is very likely to happen is the same lopsided victories from GW2 except they will last for 3 months and people will simply not play or give a shit well before that. Not really sure what they are thinking but its a perfect example of detachment from reality by designers. There is going to be a ton of PVD for a variety for reasons. The fun likely isn't going to last long. They might lower that some but even if they cut it by 1/3 which likely won't happen its still too long. I have plenty of ideas on how it can be fixed but that isn't important so close to release.

I can't talk more about PVE because of the NDA but I agree with Pyksel and what he said 100%. Its not I can't play this game because of errors or issues bad (unless the server is getting raped which is another thing) its just not very fun and my guess is many people here will simply stop playing in their teens / 20's (PVE). I don't see how anyone that enjoys games like Skyrim or Fallout can be happy with what is there although I'm sure someone will shill it.

Hardly all terrible or bad but what stands out as good gets bogged down in a lot of other stuff that is not.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco, this is 100% not a troll question but an experiential question:

With the rise of MOBAs (DotA, LoL, etc) and other PVP oriented games (I'd put Planetside 2 here), have you guys seen attrition in the MMO PVP ranks? Somewhat like, "Hey, I love me some MMO, but the PVP in DotA is just better at scratching that itch -- let's PVE/Raid on this MMO then go PVP over there". My DotA group has a few WoW players that are like that, and we all went to GW2 for about a month before deciding the PVE wasn't entertaining enough and the PVP was not as good as DotA.

I'm not necessarily asking about PRX only (since premier groups always have recruiting advantages), but rather the general populace when you guys go out there and fight it out.
I've never played any mobas so it's tough for me to speak with expertise, but from what I know I'd have to say that mobas are on a small enough scale that they don't compete with the kind of world PVP games that PRX focuses on. We have a lot of people who play mobas competitively, but they always get the itch to fight another war.

I'd imagine that mobas compete more with small, arena based PVP. The difference between them and fighting a campaign in TESO is pretty huge. Fighting a war is all about discipline, large group organization, politics and most importantly tenacity. Small pvp is more about skill, tactics, game specific knowledge and small group organization.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
I am constantly confused by statements like these... surprise that PvE isn't great. I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim but I've always felt that combat was shit in this series. At least in TESO I have a hotbar with multiple spells/abilities on it that I can use without awkward/frustrating switching.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
If you choose to believe all the stuff Utnayan is spewing out.

OF course if you want to get some info on PVP you can check out the numerous reviews that were released today. Pretty much all of the reviews have been positive so far which I imagine is why Utnayan has turned his hate campaign up to 11.
Would it help if he believed what Kedwyn is spewing out as well?

PVP will likely meet the same fate as GW2 but last not nearly as long or be as fun. They have a 90 day campaign so what is very likely to happen is the same lopsided victories from GW2 except they will last for 3 months and people will simply not play or give a shit well before that. Not really sure what they are thinking but its a perfect example of detachment from reality by designers. There is going to be a ton of PVD. The fun likely isn't going to last long. They might lower that some but even if they cut it by 1/3 which likely won't happen its still too long. I have plenty of ideas on how it can be fixed but that isn't important so close to release.

I can't talk more about PVE because of the NDA but I agree with Pyksel and what he said 100%. Its not I can't play this game because of errors or issues bad (unless the server is getting raped which is another thing) its just not very fun and my guess is many people here will simply stop playing in their teens / 20's (PVE). I don't see how anyone that enjoys games like Skyrim or Fallout can be happy with what is there although I'm sure someone will shill it.

Hardly all terrible or bad but what stands out as good gets bogged down in a lot of other stuff that is not.
Or maybe he should believe a developer working on the game currently.

Most assets are tied up polishing 1-20, as we are so far behind. And we all know where those assets are going and why we are behind to begin with. Where is Rich Lamberts promotion when you need it? Paul Sage is incompetent. And it is holding back assets from the rest of the game. We are having major issues with animation/UI control/links and responsiveness, ability tail off and bloat with trait design...As of right now this is probably the worst project I have ever been on in my ** years in the industry.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So, again, anyone know if you can add nameplates via Lua?
As far as I know, if the system doesn't support it, you won't be able to add them. If the system enables nameplates, you will be able to write LUA's to adjust fonts, sizes, etc. As this WoW mod.

KuiNameplates - Unit Frames - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse

However, I will fully admit I am not a LUA expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it relies on code being in the game to adjust or "Sniff" in the first place. If anyone cares to confirm that or tell me I am wrong, please do.

Flank_sl

shitlord
As far as I know, if the system doesn't support it, you won't be able to add them. If the system enables nameplates, you will be able to write LUA's to adjust fonts, sizes, etc. As this WoW mod.

KuiNameplates - Unit Frames - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse

However, I will fully admit I am not a LUA expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it relies on code being in the game to adjust or "Sniff" in the first place. If anyone cares to confirm that or tell me I am wrong, please do.
I am not in beta so this is pure speculation, but if the developers don't add the functionality...

you can probably use LUA to get a list of all the players who are close to you and display it somewhere on your screen, but you are not going to be able to stick the nameplates on to character models. Therefore, it is up to the developers to either give us nameplates or allow us to somehow add UI elements to other players on our screen (not as difficult as you might think, as our client will know what player objects are).