The Elder Scrolls Online

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PRX completely dominated GW2 pvp and the WvW was fun as hell. Don't be so bitter.
I'm sorry if my post upset you but I can assure you there wasn't any bitterness in it, mostly because I never really got engaged in GW2 WvW after the first month (mostly because of 3h long queues, culling / clipping, combat gameplay and RvR design). I just chuckle when I remember how they landed on Eu servers with "we server first Alterac"world top PvP guildtrumpets, won 3 matchups with SFR server (which I wouldn't call a complete PRX domination since it's a server based PvP, not guild based as you might know), then lost 2 and went back to NA.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
His round of desperately looking through the thread to find vague darts he threw a year ago that hit the mark was pretty funny given how wrong he's been in the last week.
So how much cash is Zenimax giving Junkies network, anyway?
Or is that above your pay grade?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I just chuckle when I remember how they landed on Eu servers with "we server first Alterac"world top PvP guildtrumpets, won 3 matchups with SFR server (which I wouldn't call a complete PRX domination since it's a server based PvP, not guild based as you might know), then lost 2 and went back to NA.
Few things you probably aren't aware of.

PRX went to an EU server to take a break after months of 24/7 coverage day in, day out. The intent was to go there and play casually for a few weeks and then return to a new US server.

When we got there old habits die hard and we busted our already burnt out asses pushing for 3 more weeks of wins against superior numbers and outstanding opponents.

The two weeks losses you refer to the leadership actually laid rules down about not PvPing for that period because peoples health was suffering.

PRX record in GW2 : 72 wins, 4 losses(that is 4 second places - the two in EU, 1 the week the Titan Alliance all moved off Henge of Denravi, the other was the week we moved to the EU) So to be clear two of those four were moving to and from EU, one was Henge of Denravi alliance fell apart and one we were stood down. We never came third even though we frequently found ourselves 2 v 1'ed.

When we moved servers the three times we never picked the strongest. I think Sea of Sorrows was about tenth when we moved there and we helped take it to the top spot

Unlike other guilds we provided 24/7 coverage for 6 solid months

In closing there were no 'trumpets' when we arrived in the EU. It was very low key except for private talks with the established guilds so we didn't step on toes or piss people off. When PRX is in a game no members are allowed to post on the games forums. We let people say what they want about us, good or bad and confine ourselves to actions in the field. You won't see us post anywhere except the PRX site and here.

We let people say what they want about us, good or bad and confine ourselves to actions in the field.
I'm TC.... you bastiches stole our favorite T2 opponent Jade Quarry and we never saw them again. All they ddi was win. Have you tried the new map? Bunch of island s in the sky connected by destructible bridges...pretty damn fun.... feel free to come to Tarnished Coast. We are extrordinarilly friendly and very mediocre.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So how much cash is Zenimax giving Junkies network, anyway?
Or is that above your pay grade?
0. Why would Zenimax give this community or any other community anything? This thread has been negative from the first bits of information about the game. The only positive thing here is what's positive elsewhere: the world pvp isn't bad.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
0. Why would Zenimax give this community or any other community anything? This thread has been negative from the first bits of information about the game. The only positive thing here is what's positive elsewhere: the world pvp isn't bad.
Just watched the PvP video. Seems fun, but a bit strange to watch all the clipping through stuff as no players or siege equipment have collision detection. Never thought I'd think back to Ogres blocking doorways in EQ and thinking that it should rather be like that.

Would be cool to be able to form lines of tanks that you had to go through in order to get to archers, etc. Roman formations, etc.

Regarding going after forts and the likes. Are only certain places penetrable like doors, or can you break walls too with enough damage from siege equipment?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the PvP video. Seems fun, but a bit strange to watch all the clipping through stuff as no players or siege equipment have collision detection. Never thought I'd think back to Ogres blocking doorways in EQ and thinking that it should rather be like that.

Would be cool to be able to form lines of tanks that you had to go through in order to get to archers, etc. Roman formations, etc.
I thought Shadowbane handled it well. Tank classes got an ability that let them have collision detection. Many fights were won from having an organized phalanx of tanks post up in a broken doorway or hallway and organize heals on them while everyone else lobbed shit over them. I remember one raid getting completely shut down from one tank who wedge himself in this tight crevice and had a team of healers keeping him alive.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I thought Shadowbane handled it well. Tank classes got an ability that let them have collision detection. Many fights were won from having an organized phalanx of tanks post up in a broken doorway or hallway and organize heals on them while everyone else lobbed shit over them. I remember one raid getting completely shut down from one tank who wedge himself in this tight crevice and had a team of healers keeping him alive.
Never played Shadowbane, but giving collision detection from an ability sounds like a great idea, especially given your example which sounds awesome and very "300"ish. Guessing no such ability exists in TESO?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Anyone who thinks this game isn't worth the box price is on crack. Cyrodil content is super fun. Are you gonna play this for years like EQ or WoW? Almost certainly not. Are you gonna have a load of fun for at least 50-100 hours /played if you PVP? Hell yes.

I've paid $60 for AAA titles that boast under 20 hours of gameplay. Like all even semi-decent MMORPGs, TESO is a high value purchase that any MMO enthusiast will enjoy... Well, unless you can't stand the poor animation quality or the 'swinging-at-nothing' combat.

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone who thinks this game isn't worth the box price is on crack. Cyrodil content is super fun. Are you gonna play this for years like EQ or WoW? Almost certainly not. Are you gonna have a load of fun for at least 50-100 hours /played if you PVP? Hell yes.

I've paid $60 for AAA titles that boast under 20 hours of gameplay. Like all even semi-decent MMORPGs, TESO is a high value purchase that any MMO enthusiast will enjoy... Well, unless you can't stand the poor animation quality or the 'swinging-at-nothing' combat.
Well said. +1

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tuco you cunt, what event was that? Seems like it's a different build than the one last week. You've got floating combat text, numbers over your bars, buffs, debuffs and more quests on the right hand side. You cunt
frown.png

Blackwulf

N00b

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
People are comparing the large scale PvP to GW2... honestly I felt the GW2 was a disaster. Also, the end game of WAR was the nail in their coffin and i've seen several comparisons to it. What is going to make ESO different and/or better?

Someone had mentioned that the world PvP is an instance. Is there causal PvP in the open world? You know, working a quest or traveling to a dungeon and then you get jumped?

If the PvP is instanced and you have "fast travel" for dungeons, will you ever experience the world? To me this is a big part of the ES/Skyrim universe.... will you ever need to travel the world outside of killing 10 bears?

How does the mega server work? I get the concept but I'm not understanding how it intelligently handling the people. Say i'm in a guild with a 100 people, will our guild always be together?

Blackwulf

N00b
People are comparing the large scale PvP to GW2... honestly I felt the GW2 was a disaster. Also, the end game of WAR was the nail in their coffin and i've seen several comparisons to it. What is going to make ESO different and/or better?

Someone had mentioned that the world PvP is an instance. Is there causal PvP in the open world? You know, working a quest or traveling to a dungeon and then you get jumped?

If the PvP is instanced and you have "fast travel" for dungeons, will you ever experience the world? To me this is a big part of the ES/Skyrim universe.... will you ever need to travel the world outside of killing 10 bears?

How does the mega server work? I get the concept but I'm not understanding how it intelligently handling the people. Say i'm in a guild with a 100 people, will our guild always be together?
I've only been in weekend betas, but I did get invited to a level 50, cyrodiil beta test a few months ago. I can say that, while it does sound similar to GW2 on paper, the actual feel of the zone and the large scale combat are very different. They did a lot of things right, especially just making Cyrodiil more than a battlezone. I'll shut up and let the people who have been in the closed beta answer with more detail though. Have you watched any of the pvp preview videos?

Bruman

Golden Squire
What kind of Lua addons have you seen? Have you played any PVE content post 20? Have you heard anything about adventure zones (or tested them at all?)

Edit: Poor Utnayan - wrong yet again. Just 2 days ago he claimed, with certainty, that this wouldn't happen until the headstart access began. I'm starting to almost pity the guy.
No no no no, you see, they went ahead and lifted the NDA early because of this OTHER conspiracy theory by [some well-known game desinger] as a way to continue FUCKING OVER THE FANS!!!

(This game is still horrible, btw.)

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
What kind of Lua addons have you seen? Have you played any PVE content post 20? Have you heard anything about adventure zones (or tested them at all?)

Edit: Poor Utnayan - wrong yet again. Just 2 days ago he claimed, with certainty, that this wouldn't happen until the headstart access began. I'm starting to almost pity the guy.
Types of addons that are currently available: Foundry Tactical Combat (has scrolling combat text, enemy cast bars, and buff tracking) This is the addon you see working in the videos , a combat log, group/raid frames, an addon that displays NPC speech as subtitles, one that restores the minimap, a toolbar with lots of different info (ex. how much gold you have, inventory spots left, soul gems left) & one that adds gear controls to create and load gear sets. I think there are UI overhauls in the works.

My highest level is 31 so I am a couple of zones past Stonefalls. I played around with some alts in other factions. I am playing a traditional Nightblade (dual wield and bow) in medium armor.

I have heard about adventure zones but they haven't been released yet. Zenimax invited anyone in the closed beta to attend a focus test group up in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago to see the current state of adventure zones. Those testers are still under NDA but they were allowed to give a general impression and the ones who posted in the closed beta forums said that adventure zones should satisfy the hard core PVE raiders. No real meat I can provide other than that because I don't have any specific details.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If world experience/immersion is what you're after, you are in for a HUGE disappointment. But really, it's quite clear that that experience isn't really what this game is about. It's not fair to judge this game on that metric IMO. It's a PVP game, and the PVP is quite fun. The world feels like it's included just to give context and do justice to the IP, to provide a setting for the actual game - Cyrodil.

That's like taking a sports car out for a joy ride and being bummed out that it doesn't tow as well as your SUV. It wasn't built for towing, and while it can to some extent, you're gonna be disappointed with this great vehicle and miss out on the other things it does quite well. All because you are using it incorrectly.

They could have saved a lot of time and money if they just released "The Elder Scrolls Online: Cyrodil", and left out the rest of it.

Blackwulf

N00b
I have heard about adventure zones but they haven't been released yet. Zenimax invited anyone in the closed beta to attend a focus test group up in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago to see the current state of adventure zones. Those testers are still under NDA but they were allowed to give a general impression and the ones who posted in the closed beta forums said that adventure zones should satisfy the hard core PVE raiders. No real meat I can provide other than that because I don't have any specific details.
This is actually better than I feared. I thought maybe they were still completely on the drawing board and Zenimax was hoping to finish them before people leveled up. If they are at least testing them on a small scale, I'm okay with that.

Have you played any higher level 4-man instanced dungeons? Are they any longer than the level 12 ones? Have you experienced any coolopendungeons?