The Elder Scrolls Online

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ina video released todaysomeone from ShoddyCast mentions nameplates being useful in PvP but wishing the game allowed for automatic disabling when switching to PvE areas. It sounds like the closed beta/release client candidate has it available in some form.
By nameplates in that video, does he mean the arrow pointing down on people indicating that they are players? Or are the actual names of the characters visible? Because I haven't seen a single video showing actual names. Only the arrow indicating which people are in your group(s).

Blackwulf

N00b
Ina video released todaysomeone from ShoddyCast mentions nameplates being useful in PvP but wishing the game allowed for automatic disabling when switching to PvE areas. It sounds like the closed beta/release client candidate has it available in some form.
Thanks for that
smile.png

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I've been lurking in here a while, and have always been under the impression that this will be a sub-par MMO at best. But that pvp vid looks somewhat decent. Lots of people on screen, still runs smooth, I can see people at a distance (lol GW2 culling).

But I have a few pvp questions if they can be answered:

1) Is CC out of hand? I see it being used a lot
2) Are there perma-invisible classes who open with CC and keep you stunned while killing you in 5 seconds? :p

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
By nameplates in that video, does he mean the arrow pointing down on people indicating that they are players? Or are the actual names of the characters visible? Because I haven't seen a single video showing actual names. Only the arrow indicating which people are in your group(s).
From the stress at least:
There's an inverted chevron above friendly players in your group.
Enemy players have a icon floating above their head indicating their faction.
Injured players have a health bar floating above their head (red for enemies, blue for friendly).
No names currently unless you have someone targeted.
a4jEnM0.png

But that pvp vid looks somewhat decent. Lots of people on screen, still runs smooth, I can see people at a distance (lol GW2 culling).

But I have a few pvp questions if they can be answered:

1) Is CC out of hand? I see it being used a lot
2) Are there perma-invisible classes who open with CC and keep you stunned while killing you in 5 seconds? :p
Keep in mind those press videos show Cyrodiil on an underpopulated press server- the stress test experience in Cyrodiil was very different. The stress test only had 2 Cyrodiil campaigns running- so a maximum of 4k people did funky things to cause ability lag and desyncs. As for your questions:
1. You get 5 abilities + an ultimate for hotkeys. Since you can pick and choose from each weapon skill/class tree, it's easy to load up on CC. There aren't CDs so your CC spam is limited by mana/stamina- so you basically use at least two buttons to have one CC using each pool. I saw most ranged users spamming AEs, while melee seemed to spam more CC to be useful.
2. The normal crouch to sneak is visible to players. There's an invisibility ability for the rogue class but it only lasts 2.5 seconds currently- and I'm not sure if other players can see you in it. Basically long enough to give you one hit of bonus damage in PVP.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Quit fucking lying! Utnayan said that shit isn't possible!
His round of desperately looking through the thread to find vague darts he threw a year ago that hit the mark was pretty funny given how wrong he's been in the last week.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've pretty much come to the conclusion anytime UT hates on a game, day 1 purchase.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So most of the reviews I've seen that seem to be ok with it and planning to buy it also mention it's unlikely a sub for them for very long. That the general impression many of you have ? Buy it and play a month or so but not paying the 15/month for long ?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I do that with several MMOs, though. After I buy it, get that new car smell off, and play for however long it holds my interest, then I come back later when there's new content or just a desire to revisit things. I played Mists of Pandaria for 2 months after release, but have had no desire to go back. I play Rift when it gets new content or when I get the itch. Likewise SWTOR.

If TESO can sell 2 million boxes, and have a good content rollout schedule and keep improving the game and at any time keep 500k subs, I'd bet they are successful. I'm really liking the PVP reviews. I personally like the PVE, if they can sort out the bugs.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not gonna lie Tuco, that looks like fun, if not too dissimilar to GW2 WvWvW. With all of the talk about later gameplay beyond what I got to see, I might have to eat my hat in the OP.

Personally I'm skeptical that the game is worth a sub. However I am still going to play it for likely several months as that is how long I think I'll get out of it exhausting the PVE & PVP over 5 toons (plan on leveling one of each class).

We know much more about PVP now but we still don't know anything about the 12-man adventure zones. They don't sound like proper raids to me and I wonder how viable they are as end-game PVE content. If Zeni can pump out the content and continually make improvements I'll have no problem paying a sub though. Better than F2P.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Not gonna lie Tuco, that looks like fun, if not too dissimilar to GW2 WvWvW. With all of the talk about later gameplay beyond what I got to see, I might have to eat my hat in the OP.
Yea watching the siege videos to much of it seems like a worse version of GW2 WvWvW besides the lack of culling of course.

If it lacked a sub I might have picked it up

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
His round of desperately looking through the thread to find vague darts he threw a year ago that hit the mark was pretty funny given how wrong he's been in the last week.
You are so full of shit. You fucking sell out.

Sulrn

Deuces
That looks boring as shit. Holy fuck. Death balls are great and all, but I saw more face melting action in DAoC...

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Derail : I was wondering where have I already heard that guild name and then I remembered GW2 awful WvW with them "Professionals" calling themselves the best PvP guild in the world. You should check their website, it's hilarious : they're literally bragging about anything like "server first won Alterac" or "being the most dominant force" in theme park MMOs like Rift or SWTOR.

Back on topic, on the video we see UI elements like health /mana / stamina info, FPS, gold etc and some other buffs. Addons or ingame options ?