The Fast Food Thread

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
i don't understand how gamers who are usually adhd/autistic or ocd can stand "artisan" italian pizza that looks like an ink blob test and has random pepperoni sized cheese barely covering the pizza
Pizza like that is[was??] worker's food in italy. Remember a margherita pizza in like the docks neighborhood of Genoa being like 1.25$ for something you could get cooked in a few mins during lunch when I first went to Europe. Pretty awesome. Was back before the Euro tho. I'm sure the same thing is like 12$ now.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In the 90s the Pizza Hut I visited in Garmisch, Germany was a gourmet sit down restaurant in a multi-story building. Definitely not fast food. On base restaurant served a decent pizza as well so other Europeans do (did?) it better than the Italians.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pizza like that is[was??] worker's food in italy. Remember a margherita pizza in like the docks neighborhood of Genoa being like 1.25$ for something you could get cooked in a few mins during lunch when I first went to Europe. Pretty awesome. Was back before the Euro tho. I'm sure the same thing is like 12$ now.
i've made and failed a lot of pizzas, the reason those "artisan" pizzas look like shit is cuz theyre lazy and would rather just roll out their dough

BoozeCube

The Wokest
<Prior Amod>
In the 90s the Pizza Hut I visited in Garmisch, Germany was a gourmet sit down restaurant in a multi-story building. Definitely not fast food. On base restaurant served a decent pizza as well so other Europeans do (did?) it better than the Italians.

1718159276565.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I like American version of foods more than the authentic version
Authentic Mexican food is just bleh, authentic Italian pizza is horrible. We just do food better, take what they start and perfect it.

• 3Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I like American version of foods more than the authentic version
Authentic Mexican food is just bleh, authentic Italian pizza is horrible. We just do food better, take what they start and perfect it.
Usually it's add cheese

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pizza originated in the US. NYC workers building the skyscrapers. A lot of them were wops, and they would get their pizzas from the local Italian restaurants as quickly reheatable meals they could put on the machinery while working. The earliest recipes were just like that picture. Dough topped with some tomato sauce and slices of mozzarella. Shredded cheeses weren't really a thing back then. Too labor intensive.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pizza originated in the US. NYC workers building the skyscrapers. A lot of them were wops, and they would get their pizzas from the local Italian restaurants as quickly reheatable meals they could put on the machinery while working. The earliest recipes were just like that picture. Dough topped with some tomato sauce and slices of mozzarella. Shredded cheeses weren't really a thing back then. Too labor intensive.
i forgot where i found out but practically all of nyc uses the same cheese
ddca949e94cc696519d619bbd2f3bd7b.png

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
i forgot where i found out but practically all of nyc uses the same cheese
ddca949e94cc696519d619bbd2f3bd7b.png
Yeah, but that stuff wasn't around late 19th and early 20th century because the process for mass production hadn't been invented yet. Pretty sure mozz was still being hand made at that point as well. You'd have a big knob of it and slice pieces off onto the pie before you put it in the oven.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, but that stuff wasn't around late 19th and early 20th century because the process for mass production hadn't been invented yet. Pretty sure mozz was still being hand made at that point as well. You'd have a big knob of it and slice pieces off onto the pie before you put it in the oven.
oh yea, i'm just throw out some facts i picked up

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Can you please actually explain what is cheese curds? I mean I know, technically, what they are but I have never been able to tell the taste apart from just regular cheese.
They are only special if you can get them within about 2 days of being made. The ones you buy at the supermarket are just cheese in a different shape.

It was so hot though, I will try half a packet next time. You heat lovers would enjoy it. They have an even hotter version too, I can't even imagine it.

Buldak 2x spicy is just about the hottest thing you can get that's not some sort of "challenge". Every couple of months I get a hankering for one with some chicken mixed in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
They are only special if you can get them within about 2 days of being made. The ones you buy at the supermarket are just cheese in a different shape.

Buldak 2x spicy is just about the hottest thing you can get that's not some sort of "challenge". Every couple of months I get a hankering for one with some chicken mixed in.
Too hot for me. Got a wicked endorphin high and numb face off the pain, though.

Fun fact, hot sauce doesn't really go bad after the "expiration" date, it just gets less hot.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
No, but now I want to. What flavor are all those? And is this 35th anniversary for Kiki's Delivery Service or are they celebrating Studio Ghibli?

Some kind of crossover event with Kiki's Delivery service yeah.

German Potato Thick Beef, Pepperon Juicy Hot Chicken, Bouillabaisse-Style Shrimp