The Fast Food Thread

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Japan gets more variants in a few month than the USA sees in a few decades.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
are shrimp burgers popular?

The shrimp burger is my favourite. You can get a double patty deep fried shrimp burger for about $3, comes with lettuce and the same sauce as on the filet o fish.

So good when it's fresh out of the fryer. Definitely popular.

• 1Midwit

Juvarisx

Florida
wtf is happening in korea, they can't grow potatoes

Korean potatoes suck and would suck hard for fries. The ones they use for that kind of stuff (and chips) are all imported and since growing season are getting all fucky due to higher temps there has been shortages.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Japan gets more variants in a few month than the USA sees in a few decades.

It's frustrating the USA menu is so stagnant. They come up with good sandwiches in other parts of the world that should be offered here, or they could just bring back all-day breakfast!

Hekotat

It's frustrating the USA menu is so stagnant. They come up with good sandwiches in other parts of the world that should be offered here, or they could just bring back all-day breakfast!

I said this exact thing to someone in my car yesterday, lol.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

It's expected in Japan. It's not just McDonalds. All the fast food chains, convenience stores, pizza shops etc are constantly putting out new, seasonal items. It's a mixed blessing - you always get to try something new, but occasionally you come across something you really really like, and it's gone in a few weeks never to return.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean theres also logistics, japan is the size of california, if all the in n outs in cali started to offer cool shit, it'd be easier, but then to do that nationwide would be impossible and monthly, and then theres the training for a new menu item, which might be as simple as nuking or frying some extra shit and putting on limited time sauce, or super involved, i mean mcdonalds is the place that makes scrambled eggs with this thing
McDonalds-worker-baffles-viewers-with-bizarre-device-to-scramble-eggs.jpg

thats why when you get a mcdeas pancake and eggs, they look square
6577709258e7c0c29a2bce4a

Hekotat

The new lays sweet n spicy chips are 10/10, flavor is nothing like I expected and I hope they stick around.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Covid killed all day breakfast. However, the reason we don't get a lot of cool shit is most likely sourcing all those ingredients for the shitload of McD's we have in the states compared to the amount in other countries. Also blame the shitty palettes of most of the US who don't even try new shit when it comes out.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i mean theres also logistics, japan is the size of california, if all the in n outs in cali started to offer cool shit, it'd be easier, but then to do that nationwide would be impossible and monthly, and then theres the training for a new menu item, which might be as simple as nuking or frying some extra shit and putting on limited time sauce, or super involved, i mean mcdonalds is the place that makes scrambled eggs with this thing
McDonalds-worker-baffles-viewers-with-bizarre-device-to-scramble-eggs.jpg

thats why when you get a mcdeas pancake and eggs, they look square
6577709258e7c0c29a2bce4a
I mean, they are square so they fit on the sammies. It is just bagged pre scrambled eggs. If you want fresh cracked you ask for the round ones. It's not like this is even a McD's thing, it is standard procedure for almost all fast food places. Hell at least they are being cooked that same day compared to a no kitchen place like Starbucks.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So went to Trader Joes earlier in the week because of road construction near the closer supermarket. So far they seem to have some pretty good stuff. I was actually a bit surprised that their prices were more reasonable than I expected. Not exactly sure what to make of the crazy amount of private label stuff but haven't really been disappointed yet with the stuff we bought there. They do have like 850 cookie/candy choices though.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean, they are square so they fit on the sammies. It is just bagged pre scrambled eggs. If you want fresh cracked you ask for the round ones. It's not like this is even a McD's thing, it is standard procedure for almost all fast food places. Hell at least they are being cooked that same day compared to a no kitchen place like Starbucks.
no, those big scrambled eggs are only for pancakes (youre actually supposed to do like a daniel san wax on wax off to break up the sqaure ness)

sandwich eggs (not muffins) are strips folded into thirds
5f16fda91baefa630c6fce50ef9dbc54.png

• 1Truth!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
no, those big scrambled eggs are only for pancakes (youre actually supposed to do like a daniel san wax on wax off to break up the sqaure ness)

sandwich eggs (not muffins) are strips folded into thirds
5f16fda91baefa630c6fce50ef9dbc54.png
I have never had hot cakes and sausage or that big breakfast thing there. Didn't realize it was different than the sandwich ones. I always get round egg at McD's. For some reason I don't get into scrambled eggs. I don't even really eat omelettes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have never had hot cakes and sausage or that big breakfast thing there. Didn't realize it was different than the sandwich ones. I always get round egg at McD's. For some reason I don't get into scrambled eggs. I don't even really eat omelettes.
you could always substitute too, like round eggs are for muffin sandwiches , and folded eggs for everything else. but you can always get a sausage biscuit w/ round egg

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So went to Trader Joes earlier in the week because of road construction near the closer supermarket. So far they seem to have some pretty good stuff. I was actually a bit surprised that their prices were more reasonable than I expected. Not exactly sure what to make of the crazy amount of private label stuff but haven't really been disappointed yet with the stuff we bought there. They do have like 850 cookie/candy choices though.
Trader Joes stuff is hit or miss. They've got some awesome frozen stuff, especially if you're into Indian food. However, their chip selection is the worst of any grocery store I've experienced. Super small selection and the ones they have are mostly garbage tier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users