The Fast Food Thread

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Canadians have such a weird obsession with ketchup flavored foods.
But then they dip their fries in fucking mayonnaise
1720534771263.png

• 5Barf
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
At least they gave the world poutine. Shits delicious.

There's a food truck nearby that does poutine with steak fries fried in beef tallow, thick cut (1/2") bacon cubes, fresh cheese curds and gravy. It was so good I talked to the guy for a bit since most poutine I find pretty mediocre to get the secrets. The beef tallow makes me think back to McDs back in the day and how much better their fries tasted.

• 3Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There's a food truck nearby that does poutine with steak fries fried in beef tallow, thick cut (1/2") bacon cubes, fresh cheese curds and gravy. It was so good I talked to the guy for a bit since most poutine I find pretty mediocre to get the secrets. The beef tallow makes me think back to McDs back in the day and how much better their fries tasted.
i've seen beef tallow pretty cheap on amazon a jar is like 15bucks

if you do brisket, the amount of fat you trim is about equal to 2 quart containers of fat (i don't know weight, just put the fat in containers and thats what i usually get), if you cook it into tallow 2 quarts gets you about the same sized 16oz jar of tallow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i've seen beef tallow pretty cheap on amazon a jar is like 15bucks

if you do brisket, the amount of fat you trim is about equal to 2 quart containers of fat (i don't know weight, just put the fat in containers and thats what i usually get), if you cook it into tallow 2 quarts gets you about the same sized 16oz jar of tallow.
Duck fat is great as well. Used to be a place in Charleston that had a couple of locations, one downtown and then the other they put on John's Island. During happy hour it's 50 cent duck fat wings, and they do a batter on them, and they're pretty big. They also do double-cooked.fat fries. That definitely gives it a little bit of a different flavor but it's wonderful.

The trick is to order the wings dry and then just get a whole bunch of the wing sauce to just dip it in that way they still stay crispy for like an hour. Used to go there for happy hour with guys from work or anytime I was visiting. Problems beer isn't as cold as I prefer, but that seems to be a problem all across that entire State versus Texas.

• 1Like

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
1720773747748.png

15 nuggets for $3. How does that compare to American pricing?

This time they come with Mexican Cheddar Cheese sauce, or 16 types of spices curry sauce. No idea what makes it Mexican, but I'll try it out regardless!

• 1Quality Calories

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
View attachment 536245

15 nuggets for $3. How does that compare to American pricing?
That beats any American pricing I'm aware of - for comparison (in TN) Burger King is $4.59 for a 16 piece, McDonald's is $5.19 for 10, and Chick-fil-A is $6.95 for 12. CFA is the only one I'd consider eating because it's actually whole meat instead of fucking chicken foam.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That beats any American pricing I'm aware of - for comparison (in TN) Burger King is $4.59 for a 16 piece, McDonald's is $5.19 for 10, and Chick-fil-A is $6.95 for 12. CFA is the only one I'd consider eating because it's actually whole meat instead of fucking chicken foam.
McD's is 6.99 for 20 though. 0.35 per rather than 0.52.

• 1Like

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>

I feel like Americans are getting milked by fast food. They have to import the nuggets here and they are still cheaper.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea with the Yen being bad thats a hella good deal for Americans. I would go with Popeyes "boneless wings" which are just pretty great nuggets with blackened ranch though over anything from the SW Florida McDonalds near me atm however.

Juvarisx

Florida
I feel like Americans are getting milked by fast food. They have to import the nuggets here and they are still cheaper.

We are, people blame inflation but when you look at profit margains for a lot of the fast food, its anything but typically. It doesnt help that the fast food app push here makes everything more annoying as you save 20%+ just using them. Japan has a weak Yen + amazing work ethic that will always make the fast food there superior.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
We are, people blame inflation but when you look at profit margains for a lot of the fast food, its anything but typically. Japan has a weak Yen + work ethic that will always make the fast food there superior.
Plus they're surrounded by third world shitholes where half naked people in flip flops will walk through poop to farm chickens for 2$ a day.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
googling says jap mcnuggets is domestic and they've changed the recipe to be only boob meat while american nuggets are boob and thigh. this actually saves on cost b/c asians do not place any value on boob meat, it's all about the thighs for asians.

now when you bite into the nugs, see if theres there tiny bit of juicy thigh fat or if it's all just boob

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Mcdonalds in the US has a limited edition black pepper garlic sauce. Haven’t gotten to try it yet.

Speaking of McDonalds their app has become absolute dogshit to the highest degree. They keep offering worse and worse deals. Honestly, most fast food places need to simply go out of business.

All mom and pop places have far surpassed fast food in quality and value. Fast foods only redeeming features was cheap and quick they are neither now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
All mom and pop places have far surpassed fast food in quality and value. Fast foods only redeeming features was cheap and quick they are neither now.
I mean most Mom and Pop's have always had better food, but it was a price difference that kept people going to Fast Food. Like you said, inflation seems to have hit fast food/chain places more than local restaurants which has leveled that playing field. However I have already seen it getting out of hand there too. Local gyros spot has had their prices almost double over the last few years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users