The Fast Food Thread

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They stopped saying my pleasure at my chick fil a. And they started saying it at my Culver’s. World is backwards. But I’d rather go to Culver’s.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think of Chik-fil-A like i used to think of IN and Out burger. It's not bad, it can be quite good. I'm just not going to out of my way for it or waiting in a super long line even if it moves quickly.

To the guy saying it's flavorless, c'mon bro the whole reason it's so popular is it's juicy and brined in pickle juice. If that's not your thing, fine but don't say it's flavorless. Same with In and Out. It's a good burger just nothing special.

I live in Denver very close to each brand and never go to either. Just too many other good choices and those two parking lots are jammed up all the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
No, seriously. Its a plain, barely seasoned piece of chicken breast. Its bland as fuck. Other than salt, I'm not sure theres any seasoning whatsoever on it.

The "my pleasure", the efficiency, the sauce. Theres plenty of reasons to love CFA.

But that chicken itself is literally just plain chicken breast.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Why did you literally make them the hardest way possible. I cant imagine trying to assemble them in your hand. We just assembled them in the box, and no one cared if the shell broke a little. You couldnt even tell really once theyre assembled, and you have to break the shell to eat it anyways lol. Is this how you guys made mexican pizzas too? Fucking lunacy
What year was this? Because I could see the "newer" restaurants using this method. I was making mine back in the mid to late 80s, when everything was made fresh every day, not premade in a bag that got warmed up.

That's how they taught us to make them, including the pizzas. If you tried to make them in the box you got beans all over the fucking box because the raised edge of the box was higher than the shell and caught the edge of the pie cutter first. Someone tried it, obviously, and they just smeared beans all over. What, did you guys just dab a little in the middle and call it good? And breaking the shell? Every single person I ever saw eat a tostada picked the whole thing up and ate it as a whole piece, sometimes it broke and sometimes it didn't, but that was more a factor of skill in eating it. I never ate them myself but I'd be pretty rustled if they were broken before I even touched them every time I ordered them.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Walkers is adding a brand-new flavour to its popular range of crisps - which may come as exciting news to fans still mourning the loss of the beloved BBQ Rib.

The snack giant is introducing Smokin' BBQ Sauce to its classic Walkers range, which will join fan favourites such as Cheese & Onion, Ready Salted and Salt & Vinegar.

This follows years of popular demand for a new BBQ flavour to be reinstated, following the discontinuation of BBQ Rib some years ago.

For reasons unknown, Walkers quietly phased out the flavour. Despite its revival as part of the Walkers Flavours of the Decades collection, it somehow failed to recapture its original appeal.

Now, the smoky addition will be joining Walkers' core range, and is now available in single packs, multipacks and grab bags at specified supermarkets across the UK, having made its debut on August 19.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
This woulda been 98 so that might be it. Yeah we just plopped some beans in the middle and called it a day. No one really ever got tostadas so I guess it wasnt a big deal. I prob eat them incorrectly, it is def the stupidest way to get mexican food into your mouth

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So kinda annoying. I bitched before QT had replaced coffee pots with the on demand grind and brew over complicated machines that seem to break, removed all the iced coffee slurry machines etc. But same price at least. Well added these fancy bar tap looking bullshit and the price on any coffee period has skyrocketed to like $3 and change for their large which isn't that big. I use to get a 60 odd oz giant insulated jug for work on refill for like $1.20. Now they want "up to 44oz" refil 4.xx.
So theyve killed the one big reason i liked QT, economical cold drinks and coffee during the winter.

View attachment 542027
This is every goddamn place that serves coffee these days and it is annoying as fuck. Can you please just brew coffee from grounds that aren't shit and let me buy a cup of that for 50 cents? It's just fucking water and heat after the grounds. I'm sick of these idiots adding freshly made food items to their stores that are so low margin that they have to increase the margin on coffee and soda making buying them feel fucking terrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
There is one reason and one reason only that I will go to a Chick Fil A

View attachment 542178

But god help me, the things I would do for that sweet sweet sauce.
Swing and a miss. CFA sauce is inferior to this by a country fuckin' mile:

download (2).jpeg

• 2Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
We lost our Pizza Hut, Long John Silvers, and now our KFC in the last few months. Not sure wtf is going on.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers