The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Sadly taco time has gone to shit. There was a day many years ago I preferred them to taco bell

Maybe it suffers location issues like BK. I had em about 8 months ago up in WA and the one I went to I loved it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ah, that reminds me of another fast food place that varies from location to location...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Friend went to Hungary last week and I asked him if he ate McDonald's there in true American fashion. He said there was only one McDonald's, but there were a ton of Burger Kings. This slightly confuses me, but I will admit a Whopper with all the fixins does taste more like an American backyard burger than anything McDonald's makes.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Quesarito is still probably my favorite TB item. Two of them for $5 and I usually don't even finish that

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sadly taco time has gone to shit. There was a day many years ago I preferred them to taco bell

I was crazy about the fried beef burrito and stuffed mexi fries. I can't find those things anywhere.

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Reese's Eggs are on store shelves. IMO just skip the Valentine's Day hearts and go straight for the eggs.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Anyone else ever notice all Chinese food places share the exact same menu both online and in store?
We have 8 places here all under different names but when you go to the online site the menu/order pages are exact replicas except the name. Same software, layout, ordering page. Everything.
Even more odd is these places came into my town at various years apart even decades.
It is the Chinese New Years today but remember when ordering that sweet and sour microwaved pork. All food is the same. Pick the newer ones to get the least roaches.
Brought to you by enjoy that diabetic rice on January 28th day.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I just tried the Naked Chicken Chalupa from Taco Bell. Paid $3 for it. I was pretty sure I was going to just try it this one time as a novelty, since I didn't really percieve the thing having an actual $3 value. But man, that thing was damn good. It definitely wasn't $3 worth of filling, but it was more than $3 worth of tastiness

Especially worth it in the combo deal I'm sure, but I went a la carte.

Recommended Bros.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else ever notice all Chinese food places share the exact same menu both online and in store?
We have 8 places here all under different names but when you go to the online site the menu/order pages are exact replicas except the name. Same software, layout, ordering page. Everything.
Even more odd is these places came into my town at various years apart even decades.
It is the Chinese New Years today but remember when ordering that sweet and sour microwaved pork. All food is the same. Pick the newer ones to get the least roaches.

I have become very picky about my AmeriChinese places, aka standard take out stuff for this exact reason. One day we ordered sweet and sour chicken and sesame chicken and it was literally the same thing except sesame chicken had sesame seeds on it. I'll go half an hour out of my way now to get decent stuff because everything is so shitty close to our house.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I just tried the Naked Chicken Chalupa from Taco Bell. Paid $3 for it. I was pretty sure I was going to just try it this one time as a novelty, since I didn't really percieve the thing having an actual $3 value. But man, that thing was damn good. It definitely wasn't $3 worth of filling, but it was more than $3 worth of tastiness

Especially worth it in the combo deal I'm sure, but I went a la carte.

Recommended Bros.

Seems like it would be cheaper and better to just say fuck Taco Bell and slip on over to Chipotle. If only Chipotle had Baja Blast.

Chipotle_Chicken_Soft_Corn_Tacos_2x.jpg

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

There is a documentary on NetFlix addressing this slightly called "The Search for General Tso." Basically Chinese food restaurants are organized to present standardized menus to keep up with American flavor preferences. I suspect many Mexican restaurants have a similar deal since they all offer the same shit mostly.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've had to endure a lot of hipster type tacos lately and I don't like it. I honestly had one a few months back at a highly praised taco place that tasted like the smell inside of a tire store. And everyone was all "oh my god these are sooo good" and I just didn't understand. The best tacos are, in order: Ortega Taco Seasoning tacos you make your goddamn self, Taco Bell higher quality tacos (not just the gimpy 79 cent ones), then the rest.

Fuck your cilantro. Fuck your corn shit. Fuck your 'tomato pepper jelly' or whatever shit that's going in there. And those homemade tortillas taste awful.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The best tacos are simply a fuck load of meat with a cilantro-onion mix and hot sauce or salsa. It is known.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The best tacos are simply a fuck load of meat with a cilantro-onion mix and hot sauce or salsa. It is known.
This style is delicious hold the hot sauce. The meat should already be well flavored.

As for tacos made at home Lawrys is clearly the superior packet seasoning.