The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Bout to go try one of the chicken taco thingys from TB. Also gonna hit up some A&W for a papa burger and some cheese curds. Will report my findings.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Done. I'm going to echo Pharm on taste. The Naked Chicken Chalupas are fucking awesome. I don't even think they are over priced considering you're almost getting a 1/1 protein carb ratio. Highly recommend. Going to be sad when they bounce off the menu.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I miss the $5 footlongs :(
It's not only the $1 increase that makes it a borderline deal. They cut the meat amount as well in 2013 for many meats. So to get what you had on a $5 footlong years ago, you would have to spend $7.50 even with this deal.
So it's really a 25% reduced meat sub 11 inches long for $6.
The good news is we won't have to endure this song.
6 dolla
6 dolla 11 inch long

I am hoping after the mac craze dies down we do get the give me back that filet-o-fish song from McDs

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had to endure a lot of hipster type tacos lately and I don't like it. I honestly had one a few months back at a highly praised taco place that tasted like the smell inside of a tire store. And everyone was all "oh my god these are sooo good" and I just didn't understand. The best tacos are, in order: Ortega Taco Seasoning tacos you make your goddamn self, Taco Bell higher quality tacos (not just the gimpy 79 cent ones), then the rest.

Fuck your cilantro. Fuck your corn shit. Fuck your 'tomato pepper jelly' or whatever shit that's going in there. And those homemade tortillas taste awful.
Ortega taco seasoning is fucking disgusting. Kill yourself.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had the Naked Chicken Chalupa at lunch. It's really good, 8/10. The chicken was fresh, warm and crispy. The cool-crunch of the lettuce and tomatoes was a perfect balance. It was the sauce though that was the deal clincher.

Though, value wise, it is way too expensive. At $3.25, I would have to have about 4 of them to the tune of $13.00 just to get a full meal. They are tiny. Three bites and that is all she wrote. Luckily you can get the box deal for $5.00 which include the Chalupa, two hard shells, and drink.

Naked-Chicken-Chalupa-Cover-003IG.jpg

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Had the Naked Chicken Chalupa at lunch. It's really good, 8/10. The chicken was fresh, warm and crispy. The cool-crunch of the lettuce and tomatoes was a perfect balance. It was the sauce though that was the deal clincher.

Though, value wise, it is way too expensive. At $3.25, I would have to have about 4 of them to the tune of $13.00 just to get a full meal. They are tiny. Three bites and that is all she wrote. Luckily you can get the box deal for $5.00 which include the Chalupa, two hard shells, and drink.

View attachment 117380

They're small but I feel like they are pretty dense/hearty. I think three of em should due for the average person, which is still spending for Taco bell. Like I said in my other post though, the macros are much better compared to what you'd usually eat there. No sugar and 1/1 protein carb ratio. Calories are high though due to fat so if you cutting I'd pass Great for bulking though!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Confirmed time traveler. How many decades has it been since tacos were 79 cents at Taco Bell??

At least 2002. I think they were $0.79 around 2010, too.

Also fuck you Itlan. Ortega seasoning is great. We need McCheese to add some to his 2lbs of ground turkey he eats daily and then we'll hear from the mouth of our Lord and Savior on how it ranks.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I order the chicken chalupa with extra sauce. Right now I get the box plus another chicken and that is pretty damn filling

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What's wrong with Ortega seasoning? It's fine. If you're too good for Ortega seasoning, go back to the fucking Elitist Cooking Thread and snoot it up with all those snobs.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm surprised to see this level of passion over seasoning mixes. I just put salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin in mine. Maybe some cayenne if I want some burn.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tbph the best way to season Taco meat is, 1. For it to be venison Burger, 2. Cooked in olive oil, and 3. Flavored with Lawry's seasoning salt, garlic powder, and chipotle flavored Tabasco sauce (added while cooking, not after).

Oldbased

> Than U
Guess we are simpletons. Mrs Dash on about everything. Have several different kinds. Oh and sea salt. Wifey loves that shit. I do annoy her by lightly basting everything with a BBQ sauce though, especially chicken. Sweet Baby Ray that shit up with only the best in high fructose corn syrup. Yum yum. Take that bamboo/cane sugar tariffs.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How is this even a discussion.

1lb walmart ground beef +

View attachment 117532
McCormick for life!

However, fuck you and your Walmart ground beef. You buy those massive tubes of ground beef, thinking you're getting a great deal, only to find out that it lasts 2 days in the fucking fridge before going bad. Assholes!