The Fast Food Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I went to Taco Bell on the way to my daughters soccer game and they told me they replaced Dr. Pepper with Cherry Pesi and I was in too much shock to ask if that was nationally.

Tell me it was just a local change.

Don't know but that's a terrible idea if its national.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't know if anyone but me will give a shit, but I am trying to replicate the cheesecake factory's green tea. My kids love going there and I love everything the green tea, a lot. It's very minty. I tried the stuff on the left by itself, and I tried the stuff on the right combined. Tazo gave the best results, but is more expensive as well. Twinings gave good results, but not a replication per se. But I like them both.

View attachment 128519

77f9e6e0-f658-012e-afdf-0050569439b1.jpg

plus simple syrup and mint leaves.

• 1Like

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taco Bell replaced my favorite Freeze flavor at least twice that I can remember: Dr Pepper Vanilla Float, and Orange Crush were both awesome, and neither one of them stuck around for long. Now about 1/3 of the time when I order the Baja Blast Freeze after I pay they tell me they're out of that flavor, but they do have the one that tastes like chewable pills.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Taco Bell replaced my favorite Freeze flavor at least twice that I can remember: Dr Pepper Vanilla Float, and Orange Crush were both awesome, and neither one of them stuck around for long. Now about 1/3 of the time when I order the Baja Blast Freeze after I pay they tell me they're out of that flavor, but they do have the one that tastes like chewable pills.

The Strawberry Starburst one is back here and it's delicious.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I wish my Taco Bell had Dr. Pepper. It's had Wild Cherry Pepsi forever, which I get instead, but good old DP would be perfect.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
77f9e6e0-f658-012e-afdf-0050569439b1.jpg

plus simple syrup and mint leaves.
I've seen a few places online with similar recipes, but it should be unsweetened so the syrup should not be a factor.

Will definitely try that brand, though. Going to trying muddling/steeping some mint leaves as well but that seems like a pain in the ass.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Baja Blast > Pepsi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dr. Peppper (Shit is gross)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've seen a few places online with similar recipes, but it should be unsweetened so the syrup should not be a factor.

Will definitely try that brand, though. Going to trying muddling/steeping some mint leaves as well but that seems like a pain in the ass.

If you are really in to tea then i suggest getting one of these.
Amazon.com | Black Teavana Perfectea Maker: 16oz: Tea Infuser: Teapots
and this
Amazon.com: Ivation Precision-Temperature Electric Hot Water Tea Kettle Pot 1.7 Liter (7-Cup), 1500 Watt, Stainless Steel Cordless, 6 Preset Variable Heat Settings: Home & Kitchen

Just buy loose leaf tea and mint leaves and blow away the cheesecake factory green tea. I don't drink hot tea anymore since I live in the fucking desert but I still brew it and store it in ball jars in the fridge for a delicious cold refreshment!

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That was the only soda allowed in the house growing up, I got burned out before I could learn to appreciate it.
That's like my dad. His mom used to make pancakes like every single day when he was a kid and he absolutely hated them as an adult. I'm like "How the fuck can you hate pancakes?".

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wish squirt were an option more places. Rare to find a place that has fountain pop squirt, always settling for pepsi or sprite.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I wish squirt were an option more places. Rare to find a place that has fountain pop squirt, always settling for pepsi or sprite.

I honestly miss the Vault soda, they had it on tap at Burger King and it was pretty damn good. I saw that Monster has this shit now but I'm a cheap fuck when it comes to trying soda.

Soygen Soygen I also was allowed to listen to anything but The Beatles and the only movies allowed to rent were John Wayne and Westerns. Completely ruined the Beatles for me and it made keeping up with current events as a teenager incredibly difficult.

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I honestly miss the Vault soda, they had it on tap at Burger King and it was pretty damn good. I saw that Monster has this shit now but I'm a cheap fuck when it comes to trying soda.

Soygen Soygen I also was allowed to listen to anything but The Beatles and the only movies allowed to rent were John Wayne and Westerns. Completely ruined the Beatles for me and it made keeping up with current events as a teenager incredibly difficult.

Never tried vault but I've also never been to a Burger King my shoes don't stick to the floor in so i avoid them :D

• 1Like