The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I found the chorizo and lime flavor of Duke's sausages but they were not nearly as good as Green Chile. Seemed like they were 50% paprika.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It looks like there's a chance that they're vegetarian friendly, which is concerning. They could still be delicious, sure, but the lack of meat is the first thing I noticed.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't know, I haven't tried those Velveeta things yet. I'll report back when I do.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Velveeta is alright.. I pretty much only eat it in mac n cheese and on top of broccoli. I tried the Velveeta slices, but I prefer a good sharp cheddar on sandwiches.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Visiting Cleveland for 2 weeks, and noticed there is a Steak and Shake down the street. Never been, is anything there recommended?

I always order the Bacon n Cheese Double platter. Ask for the cheese sauce on your fries. It makes them so much better. And yes, the chili is amazing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know if anyone but me will give a shit, but I am trying to replicate the cheesecake factory's green tea. My kids love going there and I love everything the green tea, a lot. It's very minty. I tried the stuff on the left by itself, and I tried the stuff on the right combined. Tazo gave the best results, but is more expensive as well. Twinings gave good results, but not a replication per se. But I like them both.

20170326_182415.jpg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't know if anyone but me will give a shit, but I am trying to replicate the cheesecake factory's green tea. My kids love going there and I love everything the green tea, a lot. It's very minty. I tried the stuff on the left by itself, and I tried the stuff on the right combined. Tazo gave the best results, but is more expensive as well. Twinings gave good results, but not a replication per se. But I like them both.

View attachment 128519

Probably be better off getting some normal green tea and making like a mint simple syrup.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought about that, but their tea is unsweetened. That's part of the appeal, for me, I drink a lot of unsweetened ice tea and I really like mint.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, I drink unsweetened as well. Another choice is just to muddle some mint in your glass or just steep the tea with mint. I find doing flavorings myself is better than buying like the peach tea or something like that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Back from Vegas. Didn't get murdered and barely missed Pig Mask robbery. Nice.

Aria breafkast/lunch buffet was good, but not super amazing. Not a lot of selection.

The Wynne brunch buffet on the weekend was amazing. Well worth the 56 dollars or whatever I had to pay to VIP in front of the line. Their dessert selection was really amazing. I can see white girls going crazy for that shit. Also found out sleeveless shirts are not allowed so my friend had to borrow my sweatshirt to get in, but we saw like 10 women in there with sleeveless tops. I guess at one point they had a LOT of armpit hair falling in the food?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I found the chorizo and lime flavor of Duke's sausages but they were not nearly as good as Green Chile. Seemed like they were 50% paprika.

I finally found some of these, the original are okay but the Hot and Spicy are amazing. I still havne't found the Hatch Chile versions, I'll order online if I have to.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Do they taste wildly different to most people? I suppose there is some difference, but to me they taste like slightly different versions of the same thing. Gun to my head, I probably couldn't tell them apart without being told which was which.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Do they taste wildly different to most people? I suppose there is some difference, but to me they taste like slightly different versions of the same thing. Gun to my head, I probably couldn't tell them apart without being told which was which.
They do if you chew the leaves...peppermint is more menthol tasting...just didn't know if that would make the difference in your brew.

It's stupid easy to grow but if you do, put it in containers because it spreads everywhere and will take over a yard and everything in its path.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Went to Chi'Lantro after living in Austin for several years now. I always saw the food truck whenever I would go out but was not about to wait in line at 2 AM for 90+ minutes for it. However, I had their rice bowl with spicy pork and some of the ubiquitous Kim Chi Fries now that they have a fixed location I can go to whenever. I was not disappointed at all. Quite tasty. I could not finish the fries though.

[bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]Chilantrobbq[/bcolor]

348s.jpg

chilantro-truck-kimchi-fries.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I went to Taco Bell on the way to my daughters soccer game and they told me they replaced Dr. Pepper with Cherry Pesi and I was in too much shock to ask if that was nationally.

Tell me it was just a local change.